worst away ground you've been to

mark 19 times

Reaction score
for me it has to be colwyn bay, the end i was in is a actual bus stop it says it all to be honest... and a 1-0 defeat in the playoff final didn't help on my first fc united european away ;)
and for future reference ... if any of you for any reason need to go to clowyn bay away dont go in and go and watch the game on the massive hill that overlooks the pitch you may get **** on your new shoes but at least your not in a bus stop
so whats the worst away ground you've been to and why?

Last edited:
Ok I haven't been loads, but for me it has to be Exeter City's very own St James Park.

The away end has no roof, it is litteraly just 5 rows of terracing- And when we brang 1200 up to them, it was very very cramped. Fans were fainting because of the conditions, and there was no actually no room too move- At the end of the match we had to leave through climbing under a barrier.. So many health & safety hazards, and they call it a League One ground.

Also, the toilets were something you would expect to see in a Festival Portaloo- **** all over the floor, and it wrenched. And the food well.. Don't get me started on that.

Close call between Huish Park, Hartlepool, Darlington and Accrington.

Huish, Accrington and Hartlepool are all dumps and Darlo is just so ******* boring!

Peterborough's Away stand was a dump, also the pitch pretty much is on the front rows leg room, sorry Jake

Meh, don't really know the worst.

Griffin Park is hilarious though:

I remember this in particular

[video=youtube;6QntuEiSw5Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QntuEiSw5Q[/video]

It isn't that bad a ground though.

The only away ground I've been to is Blackburn's Ewood park, and that's a lovely stadium; lovely place, great treatment of the away fans, apart from some **** with a melty face in the home section.

Peterborough's Away stand was a dump, also the pitch pretty much is on the front rows leg room, sorry Jake
Are you mad, Peterborough have one of the best away terraces in the country!

---------- Post added at 10:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:33 PM ----------

Meh, don't really know the worst.

Griffin Park is hilarious though:

I remember this in particular

[video=youtube;6QntuEiSw5Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QntuEiSw5Q[/video]

It isn't that bad a ground though.
Loftus Road is a ***** hole as well, half the ground suffers from restricted view.
The video shows Ealing Road without a roof when it was given to away fans, now it is given to home fans and has a roof. The only down side of Ealing Road is that you can't make much atmosphere compared to the away end; Brook Road, which has a low roof and helps away fans create an atmosphere when they come to Griffin Park.

---------- Post added at 10:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:36 PM ----------

Stockport County & Walsall are pretty poor away ends.
In terms of shitholes, The area of Tranmere/Wirral and Swindon are ***** places but have good away ends...

Are you mad, Peterborough have one of the best away terraces in the country!

I don't think so mate, the main away stand had no seating area, and the second away stand is terribly old looking

I don't think so mate, the main away stand had no seating area, and the second away stand is terribly old looking
I stand when I go to football so my experience of going to football may be a bit different from yours.

Moneyfields isent great. They have one very little stand which holds about 50 and its right on the touchline near the corner flag!!!

I stand when I go to football so my experience of going to football may be a bit different from yours.

Don't get me wrong I spend 90% of games standing up shouting abuse at the ref, but still no seating area is bad in this day and age

Turf Moore was pretty ****, the away stand still has wooden seats for ****'s sake :@

In terms of facilities Justice Taylor recommendations being enacted, Boothferry Park when half of it was falling down, the club kept getting locked out by the man who'd owned the club and hived the ground off for himself, and ten men and a **** with a drum turned up to watch Hull play at home.

Before, heh, they were all terrible if I'm honest. Supporter comfort didn't even make the list of things for a football club to consider.

Back