Worst EVER Signings in the Premiership

• Thread starter Thread starter TheHig
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 105
  • Views Views 8K

TheHig

Reaction score
I got thinking about this when I was watching the Premiership Years, seeing some players made me think of some terrible buys that clubs have made which are plain hilarious now
Feel free to add I'll name a few

Patrick Kluivert (Newcastle)
Feranado Moreintes (Liverpool)
Andiry Shevchenko (Chelsea)
Tore Andre Flo (Sunderland)
Alex Nyarko (Everton)
Per Kroldup (Everton)
Matteo Ferrari (Everton)
El Hadj Diouf (Liverpool)
Salif Diao (Liverpool)
Richard Wright (Arsenal)

I love flops :D

juan sebastian veron (manchester united) £28 million HAHA:)

yeah id say Chelsea's decision to sign him was worse, as they new he cannot adjust to the English game lol

how about crespo, 20 odd million and played about 12 games

Francis Jeffers, Everton to Arsenal, £8m, June 2001

Andriy Shevchenko, AC Milan to Chelsea, £30.8m, May 2006

Adrian Mutu, Parma to Chelsea, £15.8m, August 2003

Milan Baros, Liverpool to Aston Villa, £6.5m, August 2005

Salif Diao, Sedan to Liverpool, £5m, August 2002

Jon Dahl Tomasson, Heerenveen to Newcastle United, £2.5m, July 1997

Titus Bramble, Ipswich Town to Newcastle United, £5m, July 2002

I could go on for weeks at the Boro signings,but here's a few of the top of my head:

Dong gook Lee
Michael Ricketts
Branco
Afonso Alves
Jason Euell

As for other clubs:

Marco Boogers
Tomas Brolin
Albert Luque

Bramble was one of the better of the worse I think, he played a lot of games for Newcastle

Steve Marlet- joined fulham for 11.5million from Lyon shortly after promotion to the Premier League scoring 11 goals in 54 games costing aprox 950k per goal before having a loan spell at Marseille after which Fulham cancelled his contract and paid him to leave

Juan Sebastian Veron- where to start with this guy, as a world superstar cost Man Utd 30 million pounds and the only way to describe him there would be as a flop, to his credit he did show moments off class but so much more is expected of 30million, he then joined Chelsea for a fee of about 18million i think it was, he started of brightly with a goal on his debut but only went on to feature another 13 times for the club before spending several seasons on loan at Inter and leaving on a free

El Hadji Diouf- joined Liverpool for 9million, little did we know when Gerard Houllier said he was great at hitting the target he meant a person was a target with the only ball being involved a ball of phlegm, played on the right wing most of his time at the club scoring a measly 3 league goals in 55 games 2 of which came on his debut before leaving for Bolton for 3.5million

How abiut mutu then cost 17million about tht in wages, then banned for 2 years for drugs

i just put this one here, as a joke

didi hanman joined bolton 6 hours later decided he wanted to play for man city so left for man city, he cost bolton an tazi fair and a cup of tea

Lee-Dong-Gook (Boro) is probably the worst player I've ever seen in professional football. Lucas (Liverpool) was a pretty poor signing, (unless you're a Man Utd!) fan as he single handedly gave away the title last season

Most players signed by Tottenham, Aston Villa or Newcastle in the 1990s - Hugo Viana, Bosko Balaban, Iversen, Rebrov

Michael Owen to Newcastle!!! 16 million?!

If signings include managers, Paul Ince, Gareth Southgate or Sammy Lee

Back