Worst EVER Signings in the Premiership

• Thread starter Thread starter TheHig
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 105
  • Views Views 8K
Most of the good ones have been covered but I don't think anybody remembers Marco Matterazi at Everton. I think he cost around £5 Million but he did absolute rubbish. No idea where he went immediately after that though

To be fair, Reyes did a pretty good job at Arsenal and was getting quite a few goals up until one game against United when he was Gary Neville's ***** and they kicked him round the pitch. He was never really the same after that.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ali_Dia

That is the worst signing ever in the Premiership.

AFONSO ALVES, mateja kezman to chelsea, ricardo rocha to spurs, kleberson to united , cassano to madrid, scott parker to chelsea

reyes for arsenal?
don`t agree with that one reyes was a good player just the choppers in the prem hacked him to death!imo
shevy crespo mutu -chelski
veron anderson nani hergreaves berbatov kleberson -manu
robbie keane,babbel,-liverpool
***** jeffers, richard wright -arsenal

don`t agree with that one reyes was a good player just the choppers in the prem hacked him to death!imo
i have to disagree. anderson is class.
nani has been pretty rubbish but this might be his season to prove his worth. so i think your'e being a bit hasty.
hargreaves is class but admittedly if he does not start playing more games he will have been a waste of money.
berbatov had an ok season last year and could still turn out to be a class signing now ronaldo is gone. he had a good game vs chelsea.

AFONSO ALVES, mateja kezman to chelsea, ricardo rocha to spurs, kleberson to united , cassano to madrid, scott parker to chelsea

if ur taking money into account then kezmen cost chelsea nothing and we sold him for 5 mill so made a profit

anderson is a brilliant player also nani has huge potential.

Chelsea sold tore andre flo 2 rangers fr 12million and scored on his debuti in a 5-1 hammering of celtic but was absolutley cack! Sunderland paid 6million 2 take him back to the prem and was once again cack after scoring on his debut!

Robbie fowler to leeds? 11million for a guy who's heart wasn't in it and hardly scored?

anderson is not a bad player, got some potential

Last edited:
Know what's really annoying, Rangers played 14 Million for Tore Andre Flo even though hes pish.

How about any of the players sunderland signed at the start of our 15point season!!! Andy Gray ! Tommy Miller!

djemba djemba to man u, sidwell to chelsea, mpenza to argyle (played about 4 matches)

well i could list as stated above the 15 point season signings worst of tha lot had to be:

Kelvin Davis- I would not get bored of stamping on this mans head it would give me great joy the worst keeper i have ever seen, and went to Southampton and ruined that club

Tommy Miller a.k.a The Invisble Man- He is the only player i have ever seen who was able to disappear for 88 minuts of a game be there for the first and last minute what a joke he was

Steve Caldwell- I will never forgive for not halfing Luque at the stadium when he was clean throw to score the fourth goal, his only goal for the scum, he was captain he should have wiped him out taken his red card and saved a little of the clubs reputation

Other poor signings Owen (although in Sunderland eyes best transfer ever 17 million then leaving on a free XD quality), Veron to United and Chelsea, Dave Kitson rubbish for Stoke, Kevin Davies when he went to blackbun but is quality now one of my fav strikers

Back