I played Liverpool using the Blue Blood Sword. The first season I got the Premier League and the Champions League. The tactics were excellent. (y)(y)

I just took over BVB in season 2022/2023.
If you are only interested in watching some screens and getting approval of how good this tactic is, just keep scrolling till the end of this post where I tell you why you colud be enjoying this tactic. If you like to read some of my thoughts, you might keep reading! :)

I am thinking about using this thread as some kind of journal, as my career progresses. This should be okay, as I am using (mainly) this tactic. But I want to say a few things upfront (sorry for wrong language, english is not my first language):

I love having a good narrative in my careers, because everyone dreams of beeing the headcoach of his favorite team, right? So I startet my career at 1. FC Köln. This is my hometown and my favorite team. So many years I have been ****** of nearly every weekend, because this club has been relegated six times since 1998). I started with sunday league experience and, not really surprising, I failed. I was beeing fired just before the winterbreak of the first season. I thought about giving up this save, but I continued. Soon I realised, that beeing sacked from my favorite club is a great narrative: "Well show this ******* what you can achieve!"
So I continued and got a job at Karlsruhe SC (2. Bundesliga), went on to save them from relegation and became 3rd in the following season, which brought us back to Bundesliga. Soon I had to realize we were way to bad for staying in the league, so I took the next best offer I could get: Bayer Leverkusen. Well, some of you might think this is a good club, but I just hate them (might have something to do with their rivalry with Köln). I brought them from 17th to 7th or 8th position in the season but didn't really have fun with them (one narrative could have been to become a great Manager with Leverkusen and to **** Köln fans of, as Christoph Daum did in the end of the 1990s). But it was at Leverkusen were I started to use this tactic. Then I got the offer to work for Dortmund, which hadn't been really successive in the last couple of years. Here is where the journey begins.

history.PNG

As the season went on, I realized, that I had pretty much won the league when the World Cup started in November. And this is what I did.

tabelle.PNG

Yes, I did lose some games in the league, but my first defeat was in january. And please remember, it was that stupid 2022/2023 season where Qatar gets to host the WC in the winter of 2022. So we had to play everey few days with a relative small squad (we will get to this). In this time (spring to summer 2023) I started to test some other tactics from time to time, before I realized, that I would want to build a squad around this strikerless masterpiece.

bund1.PNG
bun2.PNG

In the Euro-League we didn't perform really good. I don't know why. It may have been my team, it may have been the strange schedule. But we won against APOEL and AZ Alkmar in group stage, but lost two times against Arsenal. In the knockout rounds we won 3:2 against Ajax but lost against Tottenham (both games in penalty). It just sucked to not have a second leg, playing both games away from home didn't really help either.
euro.PNG

At least we won the DFB-Pokal:

dfb.PNG

Conclusion: I am still unsure about my performance against clubs that are better than me: I did lose against Arsenal two times and once against Tottenham, but on the other side I won two times against Bayern (plus the win in DFB-Pokal) and two times against Leipzig, who won the league one year prior.

My Team:

Well, life is change, right? Of couse it needs time to get the squad were I want it to be. But some things shouldn't change in my opinion. Thats why I continued with Götze and Hummels. Even though I will let Götze go after this season, Hummels will stay one season more, at least as a back up. He was beeing a good Libero, even without any pace at all:

Hummels.PNG

But talking a little bit more about the tactic. When I took over BVB they had some good players. This time I want to talk about the front row:

frontrow.PNG

Short before january I had the chance of buying Sanè (for about 80 mio). I had the budget and the money, so had to do it. What does this line-up offer? Some of you may think, that you need a great striker in the AM position. Well I took another approach: With Sané and Chukwueze I had two players who are really agile, really fast, really technical and really good at scoring goals. I started to use Brandt as AM, because he would give me some sort of stability between the two IFs. It did work really good:

brandt.PNG

I do not want to show you each and every player in my squad, but there are a few regens who will be part of the team next season. Some of them had their first appearences this season. But if you guys are interested, I will keep reporting. :)

What can you expect using this tactic:

1. most of the time: realistic results.
2. mist of the time: realistic statistic (very few times where you have 60 shots and 12 CCCs).
3. beatiful, realistic football, which encourages you to watch the game on extended.

I have to agree with Smiza, although there is a few things im looking into "cooning".
First of all Iin my Rosenborg save (Norway)....let me loadup the save to be more accurate :p

Im using Gonzalo Maroni as AM and hes godlike for the level norwegian football is at, but hes not realy doing much past 7.0 rating and have so far 1 goal and 0 assists in his first 6 games after i aquired him.
Ghayas Zahid is my norwegian backup and he is sitting at 6.55 rating after about 8 matches. 0 goals 0 assists.

The IF's are eighter doing good or abmyssal closer to 6.0 than 7.0 rating despite also beeign good for this level (Samuel Adegbendro/Ceide IFL - Mahlambi/Fiabema IFR)

Wingbacks ios the case i see the most alteration. they frequently play at 6.2 ish ratings and im lucky to get close to 7.0 rating.

Also BBM seem to struggle to get high ratings most times.

That said, i am Dominationg games well, and i just find it strange and i think its something with the PPM's thats not fitting with all my players.

Specially Mahlambi dissapoints meon IFR scoring jsut 3 goals 3 assists in 14 games despite having out of this world Dribbling and pace for this level (17 and 17).

But i do think its player ability thats not 100% fitting because my weakest WMR is my best player with 7.86 rating but he also takes set pices so has 8 assists.

Its pleasing to watch and its a great tactic but i need to find out how to step it up a little.

do you know if there is any training schedules thats goes decent with this? might help :)

Robelink, im using the updated 3 libero with 2x bbm

Using Spurs, at first its not too effective cause too many player not familiar with the position (harry kane AMC, alli MC, etc)

totte 1.PNG

After my player familiar with their position its impressive even using so many many young player (england player bias)

totte 2.PNG

after using this tactics, AMC must have a good quickness (acc,pace)

totte 4.PNG

totte 3.PNG

Overall i really like the tactics! cause i really like a tactics using AML/AMR :)

Hi @Danwolf and ALL

What should I do , wheen I am lossing or need to score one more goal? Just set mentality to "Very Attacking" ?

Thanks

When the opposition has just a AMC and SC together....they are getting a lot of through ball.

Simply put best tactic by a mile this year at least in my opinion

I started using it on my second year with AC MIlan and i had 2 unbeaten seasons with it plus i won Champions League on the third year even though i had a ton of injuries (i finished the final with 10 players cause ME decided to injure my ST at 1-0...well i guess that was the mental push my team required :D )

25/20 overall tactic score for me!

Imagine if ME wasnt so bad how easier things would have been....(shots on target to goals conversion is a joke (90% of them are 1 on 1))

20200106175413_1.jpg20200106175056_1.jpg20200106175437_1.jpg20200106175447_1.jpg20200106175502_1.jpg20200106180002_1.jpg

I started using it on my second year with AC MIlan and i had 2 unbeaten seasons with it plus i won Champions League on the third year even though i had a ton of injuries (i finished the final with 10 players cause ME decided to injure my ST at 1-0...well i guess that was the mental push my team required :D )

Imagine if ME wasnt so bad how easier things would have been....(shots on target to goals conversion is a joke (90% of them are 1 on 1))

View attachment 395741View attachment 395752View attachment 395797View attachment 395818View attachment 395840View attachment 395957
Frustration grows, as I can't make this tactic work...

View attachment 395741View attachment 395752View attachment 395797View attachment 395818View attachment 395840View attachment 395957

Which tactic did you use mate?

It is recommended to have fast players in the ST and IF positions as well as in libero. You can train strikers for them, it takes like 10 games until they start to perform properly (whole season till it becomes natural) and you can really notice the difference. My CAMs are Haaland and Leao both ST as natural position but I retrain them

Libero doesn't need Pace that much. I think marking and passing ability should be more important. I played 34 year old Hummels in this position and he had a great season (both pace and acc. under 10).

He has to take care of the stupid over the top AI long balls that's why I prefer to have my fastest CB there

Of course, it is a plus if he is fast, but in my opinion, his ballplaying attributes are more important. He sometimes takes care about the long balls over the top, but he is set to mark an AMC (most of the times), which makes him playing a bit more offensive than the other DCs. Plus the DCr and DCl are set to cover.