Xbox Live

Craven

The trequartista
Reaction score
If anyone from the base wants to add me to Xbox Live for some gaming then my gamer tag is 'Samehead'. At the moment I only play Gears of War but I plan on getting other games soon. Anyone else want to share thier gamer tags?

I refuse to pay the £50 Blueyonder want to set me up with online gaming when I already have all the broadband equipment in my flat, and I give them £60 a month as it is. Robbong bastards.

I refuse to pay the £50 Blueyonder want to set me up with online gaming when I already have all the broadband equipment in my flat, and I give them £60 a month as it is. Robbong bastards.

Wow, that IS daylight robbery. If you have a stand alone ethernet cable modem you can do it yourself easy, here's how. Turn off your PC and Modem and disconnect the ethernet/USB from the PC. Wait around 30 seconds, plug the ethernet cable from your Xbox into your modem, Power on the modem and when it is ready turn on your Xbox, you should now be able to connect to Xbox Live.

With this method you cannot use your Xbox online and PC online together, to switch between them you need to power down your modem for 30 seconds and reconnect it. This can be easily solved by buying a router, a good model will cost around £30-40. If you already have a router just plug the ethernet cable into and away you go. If your router is wireless you need to buy the Xbox wireless network adapter.

Hope this helps.

Wow, that IS daylight robbery. If you have a stand alone ethernet cable modem you can do it yourself easy, here's how. Turn off your PC and Modem and disconnect the ethernet/USB from the PC. Wait around 30 seconds, plug the ethernet cable from your Xbox into your modem, Power on the modem and when it is ready turn on your Xbox, you should now be able to connect to Xbox Live.

With this method you cannot use your Xbox online and PC online together, to switch between them you need to power down your modem for 30 seconds and reconnect it. This can be easily solved by buying a router, a good model will cost around £30-40. If you already have a router just plug the ethernet cable into and away you go. If your router is wireless you need to buy the Xbox wireless network adapter.

Hope this helps.

I knew about using my modem for the Xbox, but how Ive got everything set up it would be a pain in the **** disconnecting then connecting etc... as all my cables are very hard to get to!
The wire less router is an option that I will look into after Christmas is out the way. FIFA 07 and Double Agent would be class online.

Not quite sure what a robbong ******* is either!!

FIFA 07 and Double Agent would be class online.

Not sure about DA because I don't have it yet, but FIFA 07 I have and I cannot stand it at all! I got it with the console and I should never have even put the disc in the tray. PES all the way.

Mine is just saying cant connect and test connection and when i test it the ip address is failing help anyone?

XBox Live

i play on fifa 2007 on the xbox live its a great game to play if anyones got it add my tagname only got the one month trail tho :S

Tagname >>> XxKREExX

I wish it was just as simple as putting the usb in the modem then it works, what do you do when you set it up? i bought live and i got the internet wire with my xbox, so i thought i would just unplug my pc 1 from the modem then plug in the xbox 1 and it would work but it doesnt does anyone no whats wrong, just simple intructions what to do no links to websites please??

There is instructions in the 3rd post on how to connect your xbox using a stand alone modem. If you have a router connected just simply plug the ethernet into an open port and plug the other end into your xbox.

Ok il give that a go, where can i get a good router from also so i can have pc and xbox at same time?

I dont really like buying things on the net unless im saving lots of money or cant get the thing anywhere else. Is there any shops that sell them pc world etc?

yeah, dixons, currys. those kind of shops, and of course, computer shops (pc)

Yup PC World will have a nice selection of routers and their staff will tell you which would be best for you if you ask them, they're very helpful at PC World.

Is that all you can do have single matches? can you not join peoples competitions and leagues etc????

Have fmbase not got a league or has the majorty of people got a ps2 on here