Xbox Or PS3?

• Xbox 360

Votes: 11 36.7%
  • PS3

Votes: 19 63.3%

• Total voters

caveman9210

Reaction score
About 2 years ago my 360 got the RROD and i never replaced it, but now i'm looking at getting a new console and can't make my mind up.

What do you guys think i go for?

Depends what your mates are on, what game you play, online offline etc

Quite alot of my friends play xbox but are switching to PS3 hence my dilemma, I reckon i'll be using it most the time for online but do enjoy playing gta and red dead at a mates

---------- Post added at 07:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:07 PM ----------

Totally.Also ,make a poll please.

how do you make a poll?

For playing online,totally PS3.

Never made one,always thought there was an option for it.Try asking a mod.

Also depends if you wanna fork out however much it is a month for Xbox Live and get a better quality or free online.

PS3 no doubt plus you said your mates are switching consoles and you dont have to play for online membership.

Having played Black Ops on both PS3 (mine ) and xbox 360 ( friends house) xbox is harder to play,probably got better players,althought I still love ps3.

Costs aren't too much of an issue, I suppose when i think about it online is the main factor to my final outcome

If its online your looking for, most likely get the 360, but beware of Live costs ;)

I would say PS3 but i'm likely to be slightly biased.

P.S To make a poll, go under thread tools

I don't understand why everyone says get the Xbox for online, is the PSN really that bad or are you all just repeating the same **** you've heard from a random person?

I don't understand why everyone says get the Xbox for online, is the PSN really that bad or are you all just repeating the same **** you've heard from a random person?

According to some people, being able to talk to somebody who isn't actually playing the same game as you is worth the cost.

Sigh.

@OP: To me, you've answered the question yourself, most of your friends will have PS3s. The most important factor by far when choosing a console for online play is what most of your pals have.

The PS3 is down (hacked apparently) so up to you

Alright.

I have a PS3 which is all well and good BUT the online service is completely ****. As most of us know it has been hacked or has been covered up by some bullshit maintenance, however, it is free and I would rather not pay for online gaming. I still believe the PS3 graphics are better but there is considerable lag.

xBox's online service is a lot better, apparently, but you have to pay for it, and I'm sure most of us PS3 users can deal with the odd day or two (or three) offline, but I have read recently, that, a few years ago, xBox was down for a couple of weeks over christmas. Also, PS3 has more features such as blu-ray.

A quote from made2game.com
''Another factor to consider is the non gaming features of the consoles, both have excellent videos stores, while PS3 also has a music video streaming service in Vidzone, access to Lovefilm and BBCiplayer and of course the console is also a Blu-Ray player. Xbox meanwhile has LastFM, Facebook, Twitter access and some great original game based video content. Finally it’s also important to mention that all Sony’s non gaming features are free to access, whereas you will need to pay to play with Xbox Live.''

PS3, but it depends if you want to play a bit more casual in that case get PS3. But if you fancy playing squeaky 11 year olds that just wreck whatever game your playing then get Xbox. I've got both and just don't find Xbox enjoyable anymore. Also I don't what games you play, but PS3 is a lot more customisable E.G. if you like PES then it's a lot easier to put the kits, real names etc. into the game, because you just copy them onto a USB. Whereas on Xbox you have to get download a program that allows your computer to detect the data files then transfer it blah, blah it's also really annoying for me because I have a Mac and there's not a program to do that on Mac so I have to borrow my Mum's laptop which is a pain.

Also, if you're looking into buying Portal 2 then if you get it on PS3 you get the Mac/PC version free to download via Steam. Unfortunately I haven't got it yet because it was out of stock, but I've been watching a few videos on YouTube and it looks great, so if you get PS3 I advice you get Portal 2!

1261596481_3Fw2MnJ-L.jpg

That just about sums up PSN..