xJamieWilliams & Brendn: Two horse race in Portugal.

Sorry about this being quiet, me and Brendn haven't seemed to be online at the same time and when we are I think he's extremely deep into his journeyman :p

I'm free all night tonight so let's hope he is :D

View attachment 236410
My first game in charge would be the Portuguese Super Cup Final. No pressure.
The thought of winning a cup on my first game in charge would be something
special, I've missed the excitement of a cup final. The last I had was the Capital
One Cup back in 2012. I was nervous though, we'd been struck my many injuries
and a loss today could really hurt the fans. I've never had a bad relationship
with fans in football so a good start today is key.

View attachment 236411
We were to play Sporting. The third best team in the country. There have
been a lot of talk over who is the best, the questions can be answered
at the end of the season.

Both Porto and Benfica have new managers, I'm proud to be one of them.
The other? Javier Gonzalez Mendez. A real hothead in the game. Going by
our playing careers I'd say I've got a better knowledge of the game. We'll see
if he's much of a threat soon, we meet Porto in our fourth league game.

For now, let's focus on this match. I wan't a win.​

View attachment 236241

View attachment 236242
View attachment 236240
What a win! I was expecting a tough game today but we eased through. We were gifted our first goal as Jonas was fouled in the area. He then fired the penalty home. We gave away a sloppy goal but continued to control the game. It was good to watch.

New man Kevin Prince Boateng gve us the lead with a thunderous strike from just inside the box. A minute later super sub Lima bagged one in and the game was all but won. We completed the rout in style as Taraabt finished a lovely move.

Very pleased with the opening game to be honest, and we look like we've set the groundworks to build on.

View attachment 236232

After our last pre-season mathc agaisnt real Madrid ended 1-1, I was quite optimistic about our first game
of the season. With a few debutantes; Iker Casillas and Vincent Aboubakar to name but two, we have a
strong squad and i'll be aiming for the title. Benfica have already taken a cup I consider ours by right and
tradition. Tradition matter to this club! And it matters to me!

View attachment 236231

View attachment 236226

View attachment 236225

Jamie... you've some catching up to do! :p

View attachment 236221
We go top of the league after a dominant win over Moreirense. We were so solid today and it shown as we didn't concede a single shot. We looked energetic and strong. There were goals for 3 new boys today as Drogba, Moses and Talisca seen us win 4-0.

Brendn, catching up is on you now!

1 game down & the banter is already on! Love it boys KIU!

View attachment 927007
We go top of the league after a dominant win over Moreirense. We were so solid today and it shown as we didn't concede a single shot. We looked energetic and strong. There were goals for 3 new boys today as Drogba, Moses and Talisca seen us win 4-0.

Brendn, catching up is on you now!

I was furious. Even with wining our first game, we're not top of the table.

I walked into the dressing room before the kick off. Or first match in front of our own fans.
I stared at each and every one of the 18 lads sitting on their benches. Boots and their feet, shirts behind them, imprinted with the dreams of thousands on the logo. Their names earned though years of blood sweat and tears... I stared at each and everyone of them.

Mendez: "If the league ended today, before you've even your boots put on. We'd not even be in the Champions League spots.... One win means nothing in this league."

"you know what do to." I whispered just loud enough for them to hear me.

View attachment 236215
View attachment 236214

We weren't good enough today. We're struggling at the moment with injuries. 3 wing backs are out injured which caused me to play Moses as a wing back. It's safe to say it didn't help much. We conceded a sloppy goal and never seemed to come back from there. We had 2 disallowed goals too, safe to say it wasn't our day.

View attachment 236210

We drop to 6th place. I will be making some changes for the next game, it's a shame about injuries but we will have to sort something out.