XML issues, failed to set up graphics and crash dumps

I've been getting the "not well formed (invalid token) at line 1 of last-saved_game.xml" error as well. Went in and deleted cache and settings folders. Didn't work. De-fragged hard drive, ran anti-virus, nothing works. I've noticed that in my Documents folder, it's been creating a new folder for Sports Interactive each time I start the game (so I always have 2), keep deleting the empty one to no avail. Could the extra folder have something to do with it? Didn't have problems until the new patch.

for me it comes up

xml parsing error
no element found at line 47 of profile0.xmlcr

then fm11 opens but the screen resolution screws up

sorry im a bit of a noob how do you re-install and do you lose your saved games

will try and have saved my games and editors to my desktop

---------- Post added at 11:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:42 PM ----------

its uninstalled but now it wont install it opens autoplay but nothing happens after i press run autorun.exe nothing happens

---------- Post added at 12:02 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 11:54 PM ----------

its all good found it

looked at it but couldnt find a documents and settings folder

---------- Post added at 12:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:18 AM ----------

Any Ideas?

---------- Post added at 12:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:36 AM ----------

Found it yaaaahh hoorah it works |)

If you get this message

"not well-formed invalid token at line 1 floating_league_table_state_changed xml"

Try this:

Delete the following folder:

XP: C:\Documents and Settings\[your username]\Application Data\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\settings

Vista\Windows7: C:\Users\[your username]\AppData\Roaming\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\settings

Once deleted restart your computer and try launching the game again.

worked a treat mate, ur a legend. its reset my skin and preferences back to default but my game is workin..

i was so depressed lol

I had a XML Issue, done everything said above, But now whenever I go to load up my save and it just says

The save game could not be loaded.

Any help? PLEASE :(

i am in my 4th season.. at the end of it actually.. game date april 2014... suddenly i started getting crash dumps .. i cleared it with the help of the earlier posts in this forum.. but my save game is not loading and showing the error "the save game could not be loaded"...pls help

Tomi FTC... I suggest you reinstall your game as this fixes little faults like that, then if you want to keep your saves games go in the games folder or saved games folder and copy them into your own folder till you installl the game again then just paste the saved game into saved games folder and play :)

was wondering if someone could help me out with the usa.xml, i edited mine, thought that i changed it back, but failed too...does anyone have a copy of the original xml they could send me?

Thanks, Patrick

---------- Post added at 12:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:27 AM ----------

hi there, I need some help. I edited the usa config xml in the base values, but I forgot to save the original, was wondering if anyone had the unedited version of this? If so would you be willing to share it with me?

Thanks,
Patrick

hey Jake i've tried everything to make this game work, but its not doing anything. i've come to the conclusion that football manager are the one's who have to sort it out, coz it's only happened since the new patch came out. this is my error:

XML Parsing error!

Not well-formed ( invalid token ) at line 1 of floating_League_table_state_changed. XML

im having the same problem, its fine untill i give a team talk, then the parsing errors start popping up. I cant get past that and then my football manager becomes unresponsive. Ive tried everything, except in the shortcut where you edit the target field but i dont have a target field on my shortcut. Ive tried uninstalling it, deleting steam, talking the game back to the shop and getting a new one, but to no avail.

When i got the game at christmas it worked fine, then last week , after my laptop ran out of battery and turned off, i got xml parsings error every time i play a game. This is annoying me so much but i cannot find a solution. Please help.

Last edited:
Hi, im getting a message when i tried to load a game saying that an saAudit2005 is missing. ive looked about on google etc etc but the link that i get says that its been removed or moved to a different webpage, help please!!!