XML issues, failed to set up graphics and crash dumps

Ok thats all very well for STEAM users, for offline users there isn't a settings folder, any ideas there?

Just to be absolutely sure (I've lost 3 games in 1 and a half days), there is absolutely no way of de-coorupting saves, right? I am massively annoyed.

Game won't start 'Error Code 66'

Can anyone please help? Can't find anything on it through Google.

i get this when i go to matchday not well-formed invalid token at line 2 of views- v1-s22-id1818850164.xml im grateful for any help thanks in advance dan

If you get this message

"not well-formed invalid token at line 1 floating_league_table_state_changed xml"

Try this:

Delete the following folder:

XP: C:\Documents and Settings\[your username]\Application Data\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\settings

Vista\Windows7: C:\Users\[your username]\AppData\Roaming\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\settings

Once deleted restart your computer and try launching the game again.

jack that doesnt works...
help mee

hi guys, need a it of help, for ages i have been trying to play the game but after install it says failed to set up graphics....then one day i reinstalled and it decided to work, so have been happliy playing it untill i got crash dumps, so i read through the forums and took the advice to unistall and reinstall....and since then i am back to square one with 'failed to set up graphics', could any one shed any light, iahve installed direct x aswell, but still no luck

all help will be appreciated

thanks

Sean

---------- Post added at 03:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:57 PM ----------

hi guys, need a it of help, for ages i have been trying to play the game but after install it says failed to set up graphics....then one day i reinstalled and it decided to work, so have been happliy playing it untill i got crash dumps, so i read through the forums and took the advice to unistall and reinstall....and since then i am back to square one with 'failed to set up graphics', could any one shed any light, iahve installed direct x aswell, but still no luck

all help will be appreciated

thanks

Sean

Hi, when playing on fm11, recentley it has just started saying football manager has stopped working and it crashes and i have to restart it. It happens at any time, even at half time!!! It's really fustrating and any help would be appreciated

Hi people, im pretty new to this so bear with me. I'd be so grateful if someone could help me please. Everytime I try to start a match i get the message "not well-informed (invalid token) at line 1 of floating_info_state changed.xml and it just stays there until i quit the game, Ive tried deleting all the fm files on my laptop and un installing then re installing the game and even tried buying a new copy of the game but it still happens. I dont even care if i lose my saved game I just wanna play again!! Please help. Thanks

Hi people, im pretty new to this so bear with me. I'd be so grateful if someone could help me please. Everytime I try to start a match i get the message "not well-informed (invalid token) at line 1 of floating_info_state changed.xml and it just stays there until i quit the game, Ive tried deleting all the fm files on my laptop and un installing then re installing the game and even tried buying a new copy of the game but it still happens. I dont even care if i lose my saved game I just wanna play again!! Please help. Thanks

Delete the settings folder located in:

XP: C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2011\settings

Vista: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2011\settings

Sorry I'm not sure where it is located in Windows 7. You might also need to show hidden files to spot the settings folder.

Hi guys, I really need some input for my crashing FM 2010 save game (yeah I know its FM 2011 era but..)
I have played that save game until 2052 season, somehow during that season the game crash in the process of entering an international match against japan.. I reload so many times and still it crashes.. even though I retire as the national team manager..
every time it happens there is a new crash dump file in the folder..
please give some solutions..

today when i bought a windows 7 disk and changed from vista, my fm11 was working fine on my vista, but when i put windows 7 on, it failed to set up graphics system, any ideas guys?

What do I do if using Steam to load and get the error "XML parsing error" which says "no element found at line 268 of". This pops up twice but doesn't seem to be effecting the game loading or playability.

Last edited:
Windows Vista and Windows 7:
1. Click “Start”
2. Click your username on the start Menu
3. Click on “AppData” and then “Roaming”
4. Go into the “Sports Interactive” Folder
5. Delete the “Football Manager 2011” Folder.

Sure, And how should I do that when some other file which I canNOT find is blokking this????
You got to the app data folder, right?f you have administrative priviliges(e.g. logged as administrator you should right click the folder you go "propertties'-"security"-"advanced" and there you should see the blocking command in a list.It's eather "deny" for the whole folder overriding other permissions you have either the default "not allowed".Anyway you'll easily figure out what to remove and there you go.

---------- Post added at 03:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:49 PM ----------

One more thing i've just discovered.I manage 4 teams in 4 diferrent countries.I had them all play at the same date i played the 1-st 3 np.The last one just wouldn't want to initialize and no error message appeared-the game crashes totaly.I tried 3 more time-same score.So i went on to this thread read about the deleting settings folder, and on opening the Si interactive folder(thats in aplication data bla-bla) noticed i have tonns of info in this folder from the older9already uninstalled versions of the game).So i decided to go the easy way and firstly deleted the obviously unusefull data(FM09 and FM10).This was just enought as now my game load perfectly and i've been able to continue.
P.S. One thing i have to say is all the 4 games were agains weaker oposition and both times i had crushing scores in the 3 succesfuly finished games.Now i drew one of them and won another with a goal in 89-th minute :( So don't tell me the **** engine is not a cheater:)

I've tried deleting the 'Football Manager' file but still Fm crashes when I try to start a match, it ran fine for months and has only just started doing this. If anyone can help it'd be very much appreciated. My Error is '11.3.0f178533' and installed FM via Steam if that information helps with a response.

Hey...
I have fm 11,i exited the game for a break,than after 5 minutes i tried to load the save,and bang...crash dumps!!
I have tried until now:
Uninstall the game
Delete fm 2011 folder from application data
Delete the crash file from crash dumps folder

I mention that i had 3 saves,from the same team,but no one is working...crash dumps!!

What should i do?please help...i dont want to lose my save

Thanks