XML issues, failed to set up graphics and crash dumps

Ok, ihad the 3-th crash on my save tonight and did something that was maybe stupid.I did all the advised steps at once.i.e. i re-instaled the game and to be sure, deleted the settings folder as well.I also didn't back-up my save as last week i hd to re-install once again and tried the copy in the game folder and it loaded perfectly for me.I dont have my win7 back-up files so i can't restore previous version.But now the game won't load.Please tell me there is a way to restore!

i had to reinstall fm and now the badges,flags,player faces of the team have all disapeared! what shall i do

everytime i try to download a file the XML file doesnt appear is comes as a RAR file, meaning it doesnt work. Does anyone know how to change it back to an XML file?

Hi, I get the crash dump too, but I didn't had that before it's that I just finished my 3rd season and the crash dump appeared on my screen.. I don't know what to do.. SOME HELP PLEASE!!!

everytime i try to download a file the XML file doesnt appear is comes as a RAR file, meaning it doesnt work. Does anyone know how to change it back to an XML file?

Extract it using winrar or a similar archiving tool.

Hi, I get the crash dump too, but I didn't had that before it's that I just finished my 3rd season and the crash dump appeared on my screen.. I don't know what to do.. SOME HELP PLEASE!!!

Read the OP?!?

yeah i use the winrar prgram, and once it is extracted it comes coming up as a Adobe reader file

View attachment 190640

I'm sorry but I don't know what OP stands for but, crash dump appears in my game in the same date as everytime, I will send you a picture and you will see, I deleted the logos and background folders as you mentioned I also uninstalled and reinstalled the game but nothing..

hey, im getting a XML parsing error, i can still play the game, but when on the main menu and when the game is loading up the message comes up multiple times, the message is

not well formed (invalid token) at line 1 of ._config.xml and under that a strange symbol with a d and some stuff next to it

anyone know what i should do, iv tried to find the settings folder to delete it but cant find it, im using windows 7 and play through steam

hey, im getting a XML parsing error, i can still play the game, but when on the main menu and when the game is loading up the message comes up multiple times, the message is

not well formed (invalid token) at line 1 of ._config.xml and under that a strange symbol with a d and some stuff next to it

anyone know what i should do, iv tried to find the settings folder to delete it but cant find it, im using windows 7 and play through steam

You will have to turn on Hidden Files & Folders to see it....

Windows Vista and Windows 7: My Computer > 'Organize' 'Folder and Search Options' > Then go to the 'View' tab and select 'Show hidden files and folders'

You will have to turn on Hidden Files & Folders to see it....

Windows Vista and Windows 7: My Computer > 'Organize' 'Folder and Search Options' > Then go to the 'View' tab and select 'Show hidden files and folders'

have it turned on, just deleted the settings folder and its still happening, iv tried reinstalling too, it started after i installed a database, but now happens even when the database isnt on

When im going to see the attributes of the players, that appears a error.
What i can do?

i am on my laptop at the moment, as my internet is not working on my computer, which is where i have football manager installed but anyway, so i had this problem about the graphics and so i installed that direct x thing but i forgot to read on after the installation and started the game up. It loaded up correctly this time but it says i cannont view the matches in 3d? i have to view them in 2d, (i had to wipe my computer 'cos of a virus and so i reinstalled the game and this happened for the first time, i have always been able to view in 3d) so i came back to this and i went onto the caps viewer but it does not come up like in the picture, any help?

---------- Post added at 03:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:07 PM ----------

any help?

View attachment 190640

I'm sorry but I don't know what OP stands for but, crash dump appears in my game in the same date as everytime, I will send you a picture and you will see, I deleted the logos and background folders as you mentioned I also uninstalled and reinstalled the game but nothing..
I've got the absolutely same problem .. even on 6th Juny too .. can't be just coincidence :p .. please, what can I do? Will appreciate any advice. /Sorry, I'm pretty bad in English./

Last edited:
I've got the absolutely same problem .. even on 6th Juny too .. can't be just coincidence :p .. please, what can I do? Will appreciate any advice. /Sorry, I'm pretty bad in English./

Are you using any of the 'summer transfer updates' that was available from the frontpage ?
Cause I've experienced the same problem in early June (Normally around the 6th on the third season (2013)) and I'm using 'metal guitarist's update.. never had the dump problems before.. but i think it's related to the db changes...

Are you using any of the 'summer transfer updates' that was available from the frontpage ?
Cause I've experienced the same problem in early June (Normally around the 6th on the third season (2013)) and I'm using 'metal guitarist's update.. never had the dump problems before.. but i think it's related to the db changes...

This is the exact same for me. 6 June, 2013. Never had crash dumps before and yes I used the summer update. I've tried everything in the OP and on other forums (deleting crash dump folder, deleting custom graphics) but nothing works.

Can someone help? This is really annoying.