XML Parsing Error Solution

i can play the game.

but i can't continue the save i was playing.

I had a good team with Arsenal i don't want to lose and start again.

can anyone help me?

There is also a cache folder that might need clearing out, it's in your Application Data folder, depending on what version of windows you are using.

For me (windows 7) it's in C:\Users\My Username\AppData\Roaming\Sports Interactive

On windows XP I think it's something like C:\Documents and Settings\Your Username\Application Data\Sports Interactive

Might be worth deleting that folder too, though back it up first - to do that I normally just rename the folder "Sports Interactive.old"

try this it should help

For me (windows 7) it's in C:\Users\My Username\AppData\Roaming\Sports Interactive

I'm using windows 7 and there is no AppData folder:'(

I've tried uninstalling and then installing FM10 again, but no luck:'(

Any Help

I don't know if this has happend cause I deleted the settings folder, but the game is working fine now, but the when I start a new game, everything on the surface appears fine, but when I go into a club there are no players and when I search for a player the game quits

Anyone ever have this problem?

sorry for sounding dumb but i dont really know much about computers, i have a problem with football manager 2010, it comes up with the message XML parsing error! and with this message i cannot play FM 2010. I am currently using vista, after following this link i dont know which XML parser to download
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

From the quote below i am not sure what to do, ive found the fm.exe file in my program files as described below, do i simply right click it and rename it and add the extra details described or something else?

If you have a shortcut on your desktop you can do the following:
Right-click on the FM shortcut.
Choose "Properties" from the pop-up menu.
In the "Target" field, add the --reset_preferences command line option after "fm.exe", so it should look like this:
"C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\fm.exe" --reset_preferences
Press OK and then try to run the game as normal, using the shortcut.
You'll want to remove the command after you run the game, as otherwise it will continue to reset your preferences every time you launch.

If you don't have a shortcut you can make one and then perform the instructions on the shortcut you've made.
If you purchased and installed the game through Steam you should be able to find the fm.exe in the following directory:
C:/Program Files/Steam/SteamApps/Common/Football Manager 2009/
If you purchased and installed the game from a boxed DVD copy you should be able to find the fm.exe in the following directory:
C:/Program Files/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2009/

Hey guys, well that issue is pretty weird. I have been playing with the 10.3 patch for months, never had any problems. Few days ago the electricity went out for a sec and my PC went off while playing FM. After restarting it the game kept saying that xml parsing error every time I access my squad. I have tried to look for settings folder, to reset preferences in the exe - nothing worked. I uninstalled the game, deleted all folders related to it and reinstalled - still kept having the same message... From what I see there is no solution, some things work for some of the people, but is there a general solution for that problem? I read that someone else mention this error occured after the power went off. How can sudden shut down cause this? Anyone with a new suggestion?

Alex

I mnanaged to fix my error by deleting the skin i was using for my folders. then loaded it up and worked ok. then downloaded the skin again and put it back in the folder and tried again and it worked this time

I was wondering if anyone could help me, ive downloaded fm2010 on steam played loads games for months. But when i loaded steam up today and click play on fm2010 it come up with this 'not wellI-formed (invalid token) at line1 of default.xml' i tried turning my laptop off (hp laptop) and still didnt work. uninstalled it, still nothink. i even deleted steam and tried dwnloading it again on steam. I read the post of making a short cut and thats still didnt work. Im running out of ideas, can anyone help?

There is also a cache folder that might need clearing out, it's in your Application Data folder, depending on what version of windows you are using.

On windows XP I think it's something like C:\Documents and Settings\Your Username\Application Data\Sports Interactive

Might be worth deleting that folder too, though back it up first - to do that I normally just rename the folder "Sports Interactive.old"

try this it should help
this is good.
go in the folder where you installed your FM, an change the name of Sports interacive by adding some sufix to it. this is example Sports interactive.(you can write what you wish) i wrote Sports interactive.old just like mufc68.
it works.

i played with leeds utd, and the saved game is still there. but I run it from saved game not from last saved game.
and there is no more invalid token error. cheers.
sorry for my bad english, i'm from Croatia:):)

this is the error code i keep getting, someone help me please

XML Parsing error!

Not well-formed ( invalid token ) at line 1 of floating_League_table_state_changed. XML

---------- Post added at 09:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:39 PM ----------

according to all the other user's that still does not work, any other suggestions?

---------- Post added at 10:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:10 PM ----------

Sean, i am about ready to give up, this is a nightmare. i cant fix the error, this is my error:

XML Parsing error!

Not well-formed ( invalid token ) at line 1 of floating_League_table_state_changed. XML

---------- Post added 05/04/2011 at 09:31 PM ---------- Previous post was 04/04/2011 at 10:25 PM ----------

i have followed the instruction but cant find this part: were is it?

In the "Target" field, add the --reset_preferences command line option after "fm.exe", so it

---------- Post added 06/04/2011 at 09:10 PM ---------- Previous post was 05/04/2011 at 09:31 PM ----------

i have done everything to try and get my game working, i've come to the conclusion that its the FM2011 that actually has the problem and therefore Football Manager should be sorting it out.