XML Parsing Error Solution

i changed the resoultion on fm and now it says the video mode something

XML Parsing Error

When suffering from XML errors we advise downloading a newer version of XML Parser from Microsoft, this can be done so from this link:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...2b-b4f2-46da-b4b6-c5d7485f2b42&displaylang=en

I can't play the game due to an XML parsing error

If you have a shortcut on your desktop you can do the following:
Right-click on the FM shortcut.
Choose "Properties" from the pop-up menu.
In the "Target" field, add the --reset_preferences command line option after "fm.exe", so it should look like this:
"C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\fm.exe" --reset_preferences
Press OK and then try to run the game as normal, using the shortcut.
You'll want to remove the command after you run the game, as otherwise it will continue to reset your preferences every time you launch.

If you don't have a shortcut you can make one and then perform the instructions on the shortcut you've made.
If you purchased and installed the game through Steam you should be able to find the fm.exe in the following directory:
C:/Program Files/Steam/SteamApps/Common/Football Manager 2009/
If you purchased and installed the game from a boxed DVD copy you should be able to find the fm.exe in the following directory:
C:/Program Files/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2009/

Other XML Errors

Delete the following folder:

XP: C:\Documents and Settings\[your username]\Application Data\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\settings

Vista: C:\Users\[your username]\AppData\Roaming\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\settings

This may solve some issues regarding the XML Errors

i recently unistalled football manager and reinstalled it and this problem starting popping up i can just close them and carry on playing fm but it just to find a sollution to fix it.
as i quoted im not sure what step to do.. confused -.- HELP!

Last edited:
well i donwloaded the 9.3update ealierand now i cant load football manager at all does anyone no what i can do to get it working again please help

'the save game could not be loaded'

ive reset my preferences and this has solved xml parsing errors, but how do i fix this as nothing seems to work?!?!

why it always reset preferrences everytime i run the game?
i already deleted the "--reset preferrences"

help

I am in December of my second season, and when I am due to play Leigh Genesis in the FA Trophy and it wil not go onto the match screen it says error xml at the line of speed.

...and have you tried doing the fix above?

every thing loads up but when it is about to load the menu page it goes blank

do i need 2 do wat it says at the top or sumthing else ??

plz help !!!
quik

thanks for any tips

every thing loads up but when it is about to load the menu page it goes blank

do i need 2 do wat it says at the top or sumthing else ??

plz help !!!
quik

thanks for any tips

If your screen is just going black then do this instead

My problem is that whenever I finish a match my computer restarts even though it seemed to be working fine, is this an XML parsing error? can I do anything abou it?

Okay so I'm pretty sure I have followed all of these directions, however not only can I not load a game, but also still cannot save a new game either. when I attempt to load the game, it quits out halfway and gives "the save game cannot be loaded" message. What could be the reason for this?

i need hepl because every time i load up fm 2009 i cant load my previously saved game!!!

help please

That usually means its corrupt.

Did you turn off your PC while FM was still running?

Wrong section anyway.

MY TACTICS KEEP CHANGING!!! Every time i change my tactics i.e. forward runs often and change the runs my players make, i click away then go back to my squad and its back to the default formation and runs!!! i also tried saving it. What can i do? its really ******* me off! i've never had any problems with the other FM

Please Help!

I've tried to do anything, reinstall my windows format it and all of this thing,but after i install my Football manager 2009 i get this error:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
Runtime Error
R6002
-floating point support not loaded :':)@

i don't know what to do,please somebody help me.I using Windows Xp Sp2 , since a week i have this problem.Before it was working great,no errors or anything else.:S

Sorry if i have english gramatical errors ,i'm from romania:D

Everytime I Start A New Game Or Load Up An Old Game It Comes Up With The DREADED XML Parsing Error. I Can Just Get Rid Of These Pop Ups And Carry On Playing But Whenever I Do Something On The Game The XML Message Comes Up Again HELP ??????

Help please

When i put the fm disc into my pc nothing happens

Any 1 know why ?

i cant even find the fm.exe file and iv looked where you said it is

hi sean parsing error not well formed (invalid token) at line 1 of profile 0.xml only comes up when opening fm and closing fm ,i had a lot more parsing errors but done your fix and it took them away bar this 1 any ideas m8 thanks andy d