Musicmaker

Reaction score
I couldnt find any thread dedicated to Yaya Sanogo in FM 2011, (there was one for fm 2010 though) so i took the liberty of creating one.

He is a promising youngster when the game starts and you can get him pretty cheap. You can actually start to play him as your substitute forward immediately or you can let him spend his time at youth team for 1 year. But at age 18-19 he will be good enough for to the first team even if you manage a club with a huge reputation.

Perfect goal machine he is. I played him as advanced forward, paired with Rooney/Macheda as Deep Lying(Attack).Has been lethal for me.His history records dont show his goals in other competetions but he scored bags of goals in them as well. He is also a good assister, despite his ridicilous teamwork and passing. Check out his achievements please.

sanogoq.jpg

sanogo2.jpg

sanogo3.jpg

Definitely fantastic:p. Stats at the beginning are quite poor, but two or three seasons in he is quite marvellous. Always ends up with poor work rate and teamwork, which is a slight downer

signed him for Arsenal as back-up he looks good but he wont play in first team for a long time

Signed him for the last 6 months in League 1 on FM10. Then signed him for 12 months in the second season. Lad scores for fun !!!

i got him for £4.7m for Man Utd and put him on loan to Peterborough for a year and is banging them in for fun in league 1, plays nearly every game so doing good for his confidence as the mighty Posh storm league 1, shame it aint happening like that for real tho lol

Yeah he is doing great for my Newcastle team. Second in goals in the league last year and help win the title and EC. Mario Balotelli got all the credit for the EC winning against Real Madrid with scoring both goals, but yaya had the assists. He is good just sad he was only on my team for 2 years. Last year in his contract I told him I would give him a new contract. Was waiting for the midway point to where I could adjust my predictions since I was already one million over my wages. A week before it he complain that I didn't offer him one so he wanted a transfer and now just a month away from the of season and he wants out. Bag over 50 goals in the league in 2 years.

Great player, he was Serie A Top Goal-Scorer although he was injured in the last 10 games of the season, so he played only 26 games, helped me to win Seria A very easy...

I got him for free somehow about 3 seasons in and he is awesome, is stong competition for the lone advanced forward role with Dzeko. Lakuku can't even make the bench!

No words to describe his contribution last season so decided to post a screenshot.

sanogolast.jpg

i've desperately been trying to sign him for 2 season but his agent hates me so won't negotiate. amazing player from what my friends have told me, top quality can play at the top level easily.

On my Burnley save he has just joined Man Utd for £5.5m and they loan listed him so i snapped him up, so far he has 0 goals in 6 games :(

Is he or Babacar better. I have a chance to sign both. He cost 8mil and Babacar 17mil. I ended up with Babacar.

Ok dont talk about the price. Player to player wise, with the same price, who's better?

Is he or Babacar better. I have a chance to sign both. He cost 8mil and Babacar 17mil. I ended up with Babacar.

Ok dont talk about the price. Player to player wise, with the same price, who's better?
Sanogo in my opinion good fast and strong. He's like Peter Crouch + Theo Walcott!!! :D

Got him on loan now, hes 17 , if hes good nuff for united il buy him :)

No words to describe his contribution last season so decided to post a screenshot.

sanogolast.jpg

Wow, nice one! I'm halfway my fifth season at Leverkusen and just signed him at the beginning of this season. His stats aren't quite as good as they were at your game when he was 21, but then again, he's only 21 yet; so I'm hoping for him to improve some more.
Might start playing him as an advanced forward as well; got him on a target man role at the moment.

Well i got both in my Man Utd save. Both are great strikers, Babacar has better stats overall and he is more like a team player, he does everything a forward should do in a team. Sanogo is the ultimate goal machine and usually he scores purely with individual efforts, but he can also provide assists not as many as Babacar though.
If i had to choose one i would go for Sanogo, his scoring ability is ridicilous. But i dont have to choose one, i play them both as two tops, Sanogo is advanced forward, Babacar is deep lying attack.

Last edited: