Jxck

Reaction score

The Beginning

View attachment 385218
I've decided to attempt this story with Yeovil. This is because with a thin squad and limited resources it will prove a challenge to keep the team up and then push for the premier league eventually.

I am looking for 2 other managers to do this story with. (First come first serve)
I also need suggestions on which leagues to add also and the managers details.

Requirements

The only requirement is that it takes a maximum of a week to complete your 6 month spell.

Yeovil

View attachment 385192

1st: Jxck
2nd: Thatpavementkid
3rd: Jacob7777

Will post a quick update later of the squad and any transfers I get done and will begin playing properly tomorrow
:)

Oh, just woke up and saw that I missed out on this!

No worries, I'll be following.

The Gaffer
View attachment 385039
Rodrigo Martins Dias takes the Yeovil job. A 41 year old Brazilian from Sao Paulo stepping into the unknown. Previous playing experience of a semi-professional footballer to make the game more interesting being virtually unknown.

The Squad
View attachment 385038
The squad just lacks really quality in any area, after viewing this and with a transfer budget of zero I decided I would make any additions possible to strengthen any areas of the squad.​

The Tactic
View attachment 385037
To begin I'm going to play a 5-3-2, I have two other tactics set up dependent on the match and how I see it panning out. However I want to be disciplined and solid at the back throughout the season, with not much flair in the side, defensively we will have to be solid to pick up the required points.

View attachment 385036
When I managed to form a link with Chelsea for loan players I thought this would be very helpful, however with so many Chelsea players out on loan they aren't prepared to loan me any players at the moment. However this link could still help in seasons to come.

Pre-Season
View attachment 385035
Not the most exciting of pre-seasons however many positives in the fact we didn't concede any goals throughout. The draw vs Exeter was very poor however we progressively improved from there on in.

Transfers
View attachment 385034
Unfortunately we lost Luke Ayling to Forest, I didn't want to let him go but with a year remaining on his contract and him refusing to sign a new one I cashed in when I could. However this still didn't improve our inability to offer people high wages. Obeng came in as a short term replacement for Ayling and as for 41 year old Mike Pollitt I had no other choice. Unable to attract any other goalkeepers and with Marek Stech out until January at least it could be a tough ride. Coppinger and Llera came in cheap for one year deals to add some depth and experience into the squad, options have been limited due to the inability to offer high wages. Needing a covering striker Obika fit that nicely, 78k for a player who has the potential to be a leading championship player and with game time could be important for us in the next few seasons. Still aiming to make some more transfers as I have only just began august, however with money so tight I can't see many more significant dealings.

Transfers
View attachment 384834
No more dealings to be done from now on in. Jones and Foley went out on loan as they may be handy at some point but not just yet. I also tried to sell a couple of players but no one really interested and I don't blame them really. Just clearing some wages and deadwood off. I then loaned Joel Byrom for one season, not the greatest player and paying a lot monthly but he adds depth and the couple of games he's played he's shown to be a good addition. Fyvie came in on a 3 month loan deal to add more quality to the midfield, if he plays well I will attempt to extend the loan as he has the ability to be an important player this season. Cubilier and Robin then came in on free transfers, both experienced full backs on one year deals as they are a position that lacks depth and ability. This then lead to me sending Obeng back to Swansea. This cut him off the wage bill and he started poorly so there was no need for him to stay.

August - The season begins
View attachment 384830
A solid start away at Millwall, we defended brilliantly and they never looked like scoring and on the break Obika with a good finish won the game.

View attachment 384829
A poor game, we never threatened going forward but were solid defensively again until Dunn, our 3rd string keeper dropped it in the net from a cross costing us the game and we are out the cup.

View attachment 384828
A good win against Birmingham, once again we were solid at the back and they didn't even threaten our goal for much of the game. Miller finished off a good counter and Duffy off a corner.

View attachment 384827
Poor performance, Miller wasted bags of chances when we were on top then Burnley were a different team second half and brushed us aside.

View attachment 384823
Not as bad as the scoreline suggests, we played well for most parts but again wasted all of our chances then as we pushed looking for a way back into the game Derby just picked us off.

View attachment 384822
Gutsy performance against Reading but once again I counted 3 one on ones that we wasted and this is costing us at the minute.

View attachment 384821
View attachment 384820
A month that began with so much promise with two wins but then petered off. We need to take our chances when we are on top otherwise we will struggle. Not a bad start though and plenty positives to take forward.

Last edited:
Decent start, but shame to lose to Dagenham and redbridge

Was annoying who we lost to, but maybe it could be good as the squad isn't massive so we can focus more on the league now and have less mid week games.

I no, most of players are good for league 1 1-3 for championship and rest suck.

September

View attachment 384780
Crazy start to the month, Miller with a hat trick and Obika with a hat trick of assists see's us draw 3-3. Only negative is us failing to hold a lead but a good point regardless.

View attachment 384779
Poor poor poor game. Conceded 3 set pieces and one wonder strike. Never created anything going forward and the team just looked lackluster after midweek.

View attachment 384777
Great way to bounce back, arguably could of scored more with some more poor finishing however good defending gave us 3 well deserved points. I used a new tactic for this game and it seemed to have an affect.

View attachment 384776
Devasted with this result. We countered Bolton endless amount of times but Obika, Miller and Coppinger were all guilty of wasting chances. Then Bolton scored with their first shot on target and as we pushed late on they picked us off.

Summary
View attachment 384774
View attachment 384773
A month that could of been so much better, had we held on against Sheffield and taken our chances against Bolton that would of been a much better month. However if we can start taking our chances then I'm sure we can survive. Defensively we play well until we concede, as soon as we concede the heads drop and they start flying in.

October

View attachment 384685
Another poor performance. Failed to get into the game. Every time we fall behind the players drop their heads and the flood gates open and it's costing us.

View attachment 384684
Another goal from a set piece conceded. We have very little going forward no matter what formation I try and we don't have an out and out goal scorer.

View attachment 384683
3 corners 3 Ulloa goals. Every time we play a big striker we concede shed loads of goals. Once again the attacking was poor, some of the signings haven't contributed.

View attachment 384682
Best performance of the month against Forest who had won 8 in a row prior to this match. Once again set pieces were our downfall conceding two corners. One positive however is James Hayter is starting to get goals and could be something that we really need with others not scoring enough.

Summary
View attachment 384681
View attachment 384680
The worst month imaginable. Four losses and now five losses in a row really makes me believe this might be too much of a challenge to stay up. We have dropped into the relegation zone and players just aren't performing. I've tried many tactics and still no different, the team just isn't good enough and unless things change soon we will be down by January. Only positive of this month was James Hayter's 3 goals, only started against Forest and came off the bench once against Leicester. If he starts firing hopefully we can get somewhere and get out that bottom 3.

Last edited: