Starting to jel a bit more hey! some nice wins there! hows sterling playing for you? he was ace for me :D

Starting to jel a bit more hey! some nice wins there! hows sterling playing for you? he was ace for me :D

Sterling's been alright, nothing too special. Was great in the home game against Doncaster, and was unlucky not to get a hattrick. He's had a lot of game time recently as Sturridge and Coutinho are both out of form.

View attachment 338763View attachment 338764
Guaranteed a top half finish, and will finish top 8 if I get a good result against Reading. Just got offered a new contract by Liverpool so my job should be safe for next season. Europa League qualification obviously guaranteed by the Capital One Cup.

View attachment 338765View attachment 338766
A big improvement after a dreadful start to the season. Can't complain with a trophy win and continental qualification.

My Player of the Season: Martin Skrtel - Won 6 MOTM awards and continued a very solid partnership with Agger.
My Disappointing Player of the Season: Steven Gerrard - missed 4/4 penalties and failed to score at all in any competition.
My best young player: Raheem Sterling - Produced some great performances near the end of the season, and could have a big role next season.
Match of the Season: The 3-2 win at Stamford Bridge had brilliant drama, with late goals from Shelvey and Henderson putting us into the final.
Toughest loss of the Season: Going out on penalties at Anfield to Tottenham was pretty hard, particularly as a touchline ban meant I couldn't change tactics.

More transfer news. Carroll has gone to Swansea on loan, Assaidi and Pacheco have left for Feeyonoord and Sporting, while Suso has gone back to Spain on loan.

View attachment 339000View attachment 339001
Away form is picking up a bit now, and the win at Swansea was very impressive. Sunderland draw was frustrating as we lost the lead in the last minute. Bit of an injury crisis as Suarez, Borini and Sturridge are all injured, and Yesil and Carroll are on loan. Griezmann's been playing as a forward, with Morgan on the bench.

2013/2014

Premier League

View attachment 339329View attachment 339330View attachment 339331
Overall a decent season in the league. Secured Europa League football, and it could have been Champions League if we hadn't had stupid losses at home to Swansea and Southampton, as well as the home draw to West Ham. Gerrard finished top scorer with 10 goals, despite being on the decline, and Sturridge got most assists with 8. My personal highlights were beating Tottenham and Manchester United.

League Cup
View attachment 339332Started our defence well with a great comeback against Swansea, but again we went to penalties against Newcastle. This time, Newcastle came out on top.

FA Cup
View attachment 339333
Beat Hartlepool as expected, but faced Aston Villa while we were on a dreadful run.

View attachment 339334
Great run in the Europa League, although the loss to Madrid was horrible. Gerrard had a 90th minute penalty to put us through on away goals, and missed it.

Transfers
View attachment 339335Happy with all my signings except for Lennon who managed no goals or assists in 10 games. Greizmann scored some important goals, while Blaszczykowski was influential on the wing. The remaining signings were all U18 players, but all have made reasonably impressive debuts.

Players of the Season
Sebastian Coates - always an aerial threat, and his performances kept Daniel Agger out of the team. Linked with Bayern and Arsenal currently.
Steven Gerrard - rediscovered his scoring touch to lead the Reds to 6th place and a Europa League semi final
Martin Skrtel - easily the most consistant player, featuring in 50/60 matches, more than anyone else in an outfield position.

I'd appreciate a bit more feedback if possible? Good transfers to make or some targets for next season?

General feedback mate is you should have looked at maybe only buying one winger not three :p, i'd maybe have invested in other areas of the team. 6th is a good finish but i think it's possible especially in the second season to start competing for the title. However i must say great result beating Man u and Spurs :D

General feedback mate is you should have looked at maybe only buying one winger not three :p, i'd maybe have invested in other areas of the team. 6th is a good finish but i think it's possible especially in the second season to start competing for the title. However i must say great result beating Man u and Spurs :D

Yeah, Lennon signing was a big mistake, he wants to leave now already. Early on in the new season we are title contenders, just two points off the top. Signed Benteke who's been a fantastic player so far. Definitely need a new midfielder though, as Allen, Gerrard, Shelvey and Lucas are the only experienced ones left.