Yohan Kebab - A Joe Kinnear Experiment

I would class a fifth place finish in their first season in the PL, and having a squad that boasts the likes of Krul, Coloccini, Cabaye, Tiote, Cisse, & Ben Arfa as pretty successful.

That's the problem with 'success' nowadays. A fifth place finish with no silverware is considered to be a successful season...

And FYI it was our second season back in the PL.

Fifth was success. I don't recall us getting so close to Champions League return since the Sir Bobby Robson days and it was a great joy to be involved. Would have been heartbroken if we finished fourth though.

Silverware is very tough to get these days. To be honest I prefer seeing us in the mix with the big guns rather than doing a Wigan!

I can't get Joe Kinnear in my football manager database, he's in the editor and I made him director of football but he doesn't come up, how did you get him into your game?

Newcastle have a manager who couldn't win a game with 15 players on the pitch, we have a billionaire chairmen who can't afford to spend 10-12 million on top quality players and we have a DOF who doesn't know the word quality & needs to go back to school to take language classes, it's a sad sad year for us TOON fans and it won't get better with the cockney dogs in charge :'(

Normally I would revel in Newcastle pain but seriously, you would not wish Joe Kinnear on your worst enemy!

That's the problem with 'success' nowadays. A fifth place finish with no silverware is considered to be a successful season...

And FYI it was our second season back in the PL.

Fifth with Newcastle is pretty successful mate, didn't do so well this year due to injuries. And yeah, I mean in his first full season in charge, sorry.

Cheers lads. Will do another season or two to see how far I can take Newcastle

I remember in the late 90's Newcastle signed a Dutchman called Brian Pinas. He would have been ideal for this story!

Here are some other ex Newcastle players (unfortunately) I have thought of

Stepin Givearse (Stephane Guivarc'h)
Tameyour Kidsmaya (Temuri Ketsbaia)
Alassiknow Pissedone (Alessandro Pistone)
Hardon Mecock (Darren Peacock)
Saveyour Marriage (Silvio Maric)
Huge ****** (Hugo Viana)

Very sensible and not at all childish me! lol

Last edited:
Stepin Givearse (Stephane Guivarc'h)
Tameyour Kidsmaya (Temuri Ketsbaia)
Alassiknow Pissedone (Alessandro Pistone)
Hardon Mecock (Darren Peacock)
Saveyour Marriage (Silvio Maric)
Huge ****** (Hugo Viana)

Highlighted is inspired lol.

I am unfortunately a Newcastle fan, man what a shambles the club is at the minute. Total joke, laughing stock of the league. But this at least made me smile. Its a shame we can't strengthen to any real degree in real life with that fat **** in charge, I really hope Ashley sells up. But thank the lord for football manager where we can have some say in Newcastles future and signings haha :)

I am unfortunately a Newcastle fan, man what a shambles the club is at the minute. Total joke, laughing stock of the league. But this at least made me smile. Its a shame we can't strengthen to any real degree in real life with that fat **** in charge, I really hope Ashley sells up. But thank the lord for football manager where we can have some say in Newcastles future and signings haha :)

Ashley/Pards/Carr managed to build a pretty decent squad actually imho. Only fault I can see was that they didnt buy in Summer the players who they bought in January.

But just as I thot that Ashley was learning in comes JFK!!!

Ashley/Pards/Carr managed to build a pretty decent squad actually imho. Only fault I can see was that they didnt buy in Summer the players who they bought in January.

But just as I thot that Ashley was learning in comes JFK!!!

They did get a decent young team together, which played some fantastic football when we played 433. Ba, Ciise and Ben Arfa were immense as a front 3. Totally smashed teams and we just missed out on the champions league. But then last summer we didn't strengthen which was vital, and Pardew insisted on playing 442 to keep Ba happy who ultimately left any way. I'm not a massive Ashley hater but I do hope he sells as he continues to make decisions that make the mind boggle.

Everyone hear he refused to buy Douglas on the basis that he 'didn't know him'?

If hedoesn't know a Dutch international I'm shuddering at the thought of who he actually does.

Nah, it's about the power struggle between Pardew and Carr. The "official" explanation is just dust in the eyes, read between the lines. Don't let the media do the thinking for you, otherwise it would trick you into believing everyone around the club is an imbecile. They aren't, they are just operating in a hostile climate lurking to make them look like clowns whatever decision they make.

Correct me if i'm wrong but Douglas isn't a dutch international yet. And i think with Van Gaal as head coach he won't become one either. (Douglas had a pretty poor season with Twente tbf)

Aah thought he pickedup one cap a while back.

The problem is that if he keeps it up though Carr will just leave, which would make things immensely difficult for them