You have been playing well recently, keep it up!!

Reaction score
Why do players complain when you say this to them? :( Then they leave and are then ****** off because you praised them :S

Something like "I hope I didn't upset you..." and they will stop being mad immedietly and they morale will be superb.

EDIT: Don't say "You have been playing well recently, keep it up!!" if they average rating in last 5 games is under 7. If they play 2 good games after 3 average just praise them for last match.

Don't say it if their recent form has been under 7.15, just to be sure. If they played well in the last match, say it then. It really helps morale and my Leicester side haven't lost in 9 games thanks to it!

That has never happened to me. I praise players if they do very well after a game and a similar thing like that has never happened.

Depends how well they are playing. Sometimes they are disappointed with their own performance

I don't say it too often and only really use it when it is deserved

Wijnaldum had an 8 in the last 2 games and scored in both, apparently he was mad at me haha,.

Wijnaldum had an 8 in the last 2 games and scored in both, apparently he was mad at me haha,.

Probably applies to his last few games, so if he didn't do too well before, that was why he was annoyed with you.

Personality is the key. A resolute (firmly determined) player would want to always do better no matter how good he is playing and even if his performance pleased you

I never praise or criticise players outside team talks. Think its the best method really.

When that happens, I've found using "I like your attitude, I look forward to seeing you fulfill your potential". They appreciate that comment. =]

When that happens, I've found using "I like your attitude, I look forward to seeing you fulfill your potential". They appreciate that comment. =]

I've done that a few times with the response of "There is absolutely no way i am backing down here" makes me want to rage LOL.

Some people are like that and don't like to be praised. I mean, 'you praise me now when I am doing bad? Well, are you a good manager or just a rubbish?'