Joseph_SWFC

Reaction score

After i have been off the forum for a while and have only recently come back i thought i would do a new story with Kyle_LFC :D. I hope you will follow this. Thanks. Joseph.

6th July 2010​

Barnes returns

662ab319-2310-4839-80f0-e82389ec9d0d.jpg

Barnes playing for Liverpool

Former Watford and Liverpool winger John Barnes has today been unveiled as the new manager of Liverpool Football Club. After Hodgson's departure Kenny Dalglish took over at the helm at Liverpool but he felt he shouldn't have the job so stepped down and returned to his scouting position at Liverpool. NESV wanted a fans favourite to take over at Anfield and who better than John Barnes, 314 caps and 84 goals for Liverpool Football Club, Barnes has previously managed Jamaica, Tranmere and Celtic.

7th July 2010​

Interview with Barnes and John W. Henry.

Sky Sports : John W. Henry, do you feel John is the right man for the job ?

John W. Henry : Yes i do, the fans love him and he is a great character to have at the club. He also has experience playing at a high level and he can pass that on to our players.

Sky Sports : John (Barnes), how do you feel being named the manager ?

John Barnes : I am chuffed. I didn't expect to get it at all actually as there were many great managers looking to get it in front of me and i would like to take this time now to thank John for this, so thank you John.

John W. Henry : It's a pleasure

Sky Sports : Have you sat with Sammy yet John and talked about possible transfer targets ?

John Barnes : No, not yet. I am going to meet him tomorrow and talk about our budget and who i would like to bring into the club.

Sky Sports : John W. Henry, will you be backing John financially ?

John W. Henry : Yes. I have money to give him, obviously i can't afford to give him like £50m just for one player, but if he gives me a list of who he would like to sign we can look into putting an offer in for them.

Sky Sports : Thanks for your time you two, good bye.

John Barnes and John W. Henry : Thank you.

200px-John_W_Henry-Fenway.jpg

John W. Henry will back Barnes with money

8th July 2010​

Me, Sammy and Damien met each other at my place to talk about scouting and possible transfers. We talked long and hard about who would be best for the club at the moment. We all chipped in with ideas and we must of come up with about 20 players. In the end we come to an 8 man shortlist.

Shortlist IN

Emmanuel Adebayor
Shaun Wright-Phillips
Charlie Adam
Luis Suarez
Vagner Love
Javier Pastore
Liam Ridgewell
Luis Fabiano

We also drew up a shortlist on who we thought didn't have a future at Anfield, we didn't want to offload too many players this window as it may harm the moral of the squad but in the end we came up with the following players that will be allowed to leave.

Shortlist OUT

Sotiris Kyriakos
Christian Poulsen
Maxi Rodriguez
Milan Jovanovic
Ryan Babel

luis-fabiano.jpg

Will Fabiano be at Anfield soon ?

Last edited:
just checked it out mate looks good,bug barnes fan, whos quite an eratic character hope you try and capture that in the story :D

Hey, I stopped doing my other Liverpool story for this so I am hoping this will be very successful as im sure it will be.

Basically I am going to be going into the past to the start of the 2010-2011 season, to see what would of happened if Liverpool had installed Kenny Daglish as manager instead of Roy Hodgson. Well, here I go.

6th of July 2010

Liverpool FC install former boss Kenny Daglish after sacking of Rafael Benitez

kenny_dalglish_1800590b.jpg

John W.Henry has installed former Liverpool and Scotland legendary player and manager, Kenny Daglish. Daglish comes into the job after a long stint out of managing a team, so it has been said that he is expected to be a little rusty to start off with, but the fans and board members of Liverpool FC are sure of it that Daglish will have a very sucessful second stint at the club. Daglish has signed a one year contract with Liverpool with a clause that he can add an extra year if he would like but Daglish has already spoken of his unspeakable joy at getting another chance to manage what he believs to be the best club in the world. Daglish had great sucess in his first stint as Liverpool manager so he will be bringing an awful lot of experience to the table in his task of getting Liverpool FC out of the current mess they are in.

7th of July 2010

1d600_Steve-Clarke-and-Kenny-Da-006.jpg

I arrived at Anfield to introduce myself to the lads so I could get to know them and think on where we need to strengthen our squad and who we can afford to let go. We had a very long and hard training session in which I was very happy with my boys. They all seemed really happy and excited about the arrival of me into the training ground with alot of nice and pleasant greetings. I am still thinking about the formation we will be going to play, we tested around in a few five a side games with a couple of formations including 4-4-2, 4-5-1 and 4-3-2-1 and in the few games we played alot of players stood out such as Torres, Gerrard, Joe Cole, Carragher, and suprisingly the young duo of Jonjo Shelvey and Suso who played extremely well. I am going to be discussing my transfer targets tommorow with John W.Henry and Damien Comolli, we have a very busy day ahead of us tommorow and I am looking foward to being back into management.

8th July 2011

We discussed thorougly today who we believed to be realistic targets and who we think we should be letting go. We came up with a list and after a couple of friendly disagreements we all agreed on the list and Comolli set out to try and capture our targets, I am fully confident with Damien's ability and will be looking foward to working with him.

ListofTargets.jpg

attachment.php

15th July 2010
Barnes quick to add to squad
Barnes opts for youth policy

With Pre-season coming soon and Barnes wanting to give the team time to gel he was quick into the market. His first signing was Alex Chamberlain who is a highly rated midfielder from Southampton. Chamberlain joined for £2.3m.

570.jpg

Next in at Anfield was 17 year old winger Dale Jennings who joined for £700,000 from Tranmere, Barnes had worked with Jennings whilst he was manager there and said that he has a really good future at Anfield, fellow player Steven Gerrard has also piled praise on Jennings saying he will be the next best thing at Anfield.

leogaleano.jpg

Barnes's third signing was highly rated 19 year old defender Leonel Galeano who joined for £5,750,000 from Argentinian team Independiente, Galeano has already been capped for his native nation Argentina and has showed his delight at joining Liverpool by tweeting 'My dream move has now come true'

RomeluLukaku.gif

Barnes final signing of the week was young Belgium striker Romelu Lukaku who joined for £7,500,000 from Anderlecht. Lukaku has been attracting interest from Man Utd, Man City, Arsenal, Chelsea, Real Madrid and AC Milan but he thought he would get more first team football at Anfield.

Ryan-babel-6.jpg

Four players have also left Liverpool, Milan Jovanovic has gone to Zenit on loan, Ryan Babel has left for Sevilla, Maxi Rodriguez has gone to Malaga and Sotris Kyrgiakos has gone to Palermo

23rd July 2010​
Pre Season

Pre season was key for me to be able to know how the new boys played and to see if they could gel in time for the first game against West Ham. I felt i had signed some very good players but i still needed more, but i just didn't know who to sign, i was looking at a few players like Cardozo, Liedson and Suarez but i couldn't make up my mind and i needed them before the West Ham Game, anyway this is how our pre season went.

AC Arles-Avignon 0-3 Liverpool - Suso, N'Gog, Sterling
OGC Nice 0-4 Liverpool - Gerrard x2, Merieles, Fae (OG)
Evian TG FC 1-2 Liverpool - Cole, Merieles

We had a short pre season but i got the feel of the team and got a jist of where needs improvement. I need a CB, winger and striker, I phoned Damien to scout the following players, Oscar Cardozo , Edend Hazard, Daniel Van Buyten, Charlie Adam and DJ Campbell, i told him to report back to me in the next few days.

25th July 2010​

I was on the phone he had got the prices of the players i want and if i should sign them,

'John, i have done all the scouting for you'
'Thanks, what are the prices?'
'Charlie Adam £8m, Oscar Cardozo £15m, Daniel Van Buyten £8.75m, Eden Hazard £17m and DJ Campbell £5m'
'Okay, what players do you think would be best for the club Damien ?'
'I reckon Adam and Hazard, oh wait they have cut Cardozo's price to £10m'
''Get him'

attachment.php

29th July 2010​

Barnes gets his men !

20910.jpg

Barnes has got his key three signings just in time for the first Europa League game against Ruch Chorzow. The first of his signings was Benfica's talisman Oscar Cardozo who signed for a fee around £10m.

bayern-reist-ohne-van-buyten-nach-barcelona_1ac5f2d292.jpg

Barnes's second signing was Daniel Van Buyten who joined for £8,750,000 from Bayern Munich, Barnes was said to be delighted to be able to bring such a great player into Anfield. Van Buyten was upset at the Allianz Arena and wanted a move away and he said England would be his best choice.

eden-hazard-blijft-bij-rijsel_5_460x0.jpg

Barnes final signing was Eden Hazard an 19 year old Belgium international, Hazard has been capped 13 times by Belgium and has signed from LOSC Lille for £18,000,000. Hazard had an £10,000,000 offer rejected by the club from Real Madrid and he said hat he had no choice but to join Liverpool and is looking forward to playing with Gerrard and Torres.

Good start, it will be hard for you with Olli's story doing so well, try to make your's different. Good luck tho and please check out my story!

17th July 2010

Daglish wasted no time in making changes to the Liverpool squad, bringing in FC Twente goal machine Brian Ruiz and Southampton English wonderkid Alex Chamberlain. We also see Lucas move away from Anfield in the early days of Daglish's reign as manager.

N0313771290898152176A.jpg

Brian Ruiz
FC Twente - £12,000,000

Alex-Oxlade-Chamberlain.jpg

Alex Chamberlain
Southampton - £2,000,000

OUT:

163452_483646115987_116816165987_6413292_138028_n.jpg

Lucas Leiva
Sunderland - £5,000,000

24th July 2010

I recieved a phone call from Damien Comolli telling me that he is deep in transfer negotiations with two players that I had asked him to try and get. Things sounded like they were going well as he told me that he thinks he could get Lukaku for around £10m. I replied simply, "Go for it"