right i just started my new game with basingstoke fc bss and won 9 on the trot then i ****** lose 7-0 i so ****** off

Torquay United

I started off with Torquay United in the Blue Square Premier where I finished 1st and won the Conference League Cup for 2008/9.

Finished 3rd in League 2 the following season where I obtained automatic promotion.

Finished 1st in League 1 the following season where I also made it to the Semi Final of the FA Cup where I beat both Portsmouth and Villa before getting beat by Arsenal 2-1.

Finished 2nd in the Championship the following season and I am now struggling to get out of the relegation zone in the Premiership.

Attached is my current position, my current team and my best eleven overall. Anyone have any idea how I can improve my position with the team I have as I am trying everything at the moment (not won for 10 games).

Sporting CP

Won the league by 10 points in first season and led to Porto manager being sacked.
Won both domestic cups.
Knocked out by Juve in Champs League Semi-finals :(.

Star Players:
Moutinho and Veloso
Yannick Djalo and Carioca.

started with middlesborough came 8th in the 1st season...
5th in the 2nd
and 5th in the 3rd also but i won the uefa cup....
now i have over 100 million pounds to spend...

wycombe wanderers. promoted every season up to prem. yo-yoed in and out of prem for a few seasons and this season i have just finished 7th in prem and won FA cup!! i have no idea where it came from as my team is at best a solid championship side with some exciting prospects breaking through. my one world class talisman (celso borges from saprissa) had his worst season to date as well. average rating of 7.12 with only 8 goals. hes an attacking mid and usually rattles in at least 15. im delighted, but slightly confused!!! now decideng whether to accept newcastles job offer or take wycombe onto further glories.

Having a horrid end to the season. My Bury are still in a playoff position but my away form is diabolically bad. Nothing seems to be working, and the players are just knackered after the December/January fixture congestions (3 games a week for about 8 weeks), key players getting injured and suspended with little depth to the squad other than youth players. No money, although the wage bill is down, and the club is on course for a healthy 300k profit at the end of the season. Going to have to start playing 4-1-4-1 away from home I guess and stop prevaricating about it. Board is happy enough, fans are pleased, but the oik at the local newspaper still hates my guts. Ho-hum, will finish the season in time for 9.3 I hope. Not playing another season without some of the main bugs being squashed.

mine

season 1 arsenal 2nd prem
season 2 arsenal 6th prem
season 3 arsenal sacked feb2010
season 3 maniz (germany) 13th 2nd div
season 4 hertha 17th 1st div went down
season 5 hertha 4th 2nd div
season 6 heatha 2nd 2nd div went up
season 7 heatha 10th 1st div
season 8 aston villa 13th prem
season 9 aston villa 6th prem
season 10 aston villa 6th prem
season 11 aston villa 4th prem
season 12 aston villa 8th prem
season 13 aston villa 4th prem

i was also nigeria manager for 5 years and i won the african nations cup the only thing i have won on the game spo far i have got to the semi finals of euro cup a few tims but last season i got to the final but lost to newcastle think next season could be my year to win something

this is so annoying i wenr from third to second then to first for 1 game then im now at second its so ****** fustrating but this is the league and the team

started one with luton for challenge
team is highly overrated and possible to keep up even after starting on - 30 points!!!!!

there doing it in real life so they cant be that highly ovverrated

Just won the Confernce League Cup with Rushden and Diamonds and also won promotion via the play offs in my first season.

Some one please for the love of god reccommend a Centre back! I have nowt to spend! I have Coccoran who was already there who was immense in bsp not so immense now but gettin better. I signed tod lumsden from Raith who played 50games in bsp but is not L2 standard and i'm leaking goals because of him. any good cheap (free) centrebacks anyone knows of? i cant find any for love nor money.

well maybe dont count but got football manager 09 handheld and playin as my local side Huddersfield Town finished 2nd in first season in league 1 and then only finished a point behind leicester

second season won promotion to prem via championship playoffs beat Ipswich in final 1-0 and now halfway throuh third season and sit a comfortable 10th place in premiership and the only player i have ever splashed any cash on is Rickie Lambert from Bristol Rovers and he was has been my top scorer 2 seasons in a row

all other players have been on free transfers even when i started in prem although i seem to have trouble stopping goals leaking in but in most cases scoring as many and scraping 1-0 wins

so all good and board are more han happy to have me at the helm and were more pleased when i turned down the wigan job even though i had not applied 4 it they wanted me 4 the success i had in getting promoted on whet was in all fairness a small budget only got 35k in first season so players had to leave to get lambert

Hi all,

First post here. Thought i'd share my FM09 career so far.
Being a complete newbie to FM series and having fallen back in love with football (i'm a Derby fan you see - its been tough) I decided I wanted to get FM09 and really stick at a management game for a change as in the past i've never really stuck at it.

So I started my first game with the mighty Rams - and didnt make Feb ! Left the team languishing above the relegation zone in 19th place. Made a couple of loan signings, Diego Tristan on a season long loan from West Ham and got Sebastien Abreu in on a free. Desperately screwed over by injuries all the time, struggled like **** and when I got sacked, decided I knew the game better and started with Man City - as you do.

Still in my first season - currently 10th in EPL so meeting board expectations. Lost out to a very young Arsenal side in the 3rd round of the League Cup. Currently still in the FA Cup and have a mouthwatering tie at home to who else - Mau U. Having been tought a footballing lesson 3-0 at their place earlier in the season, and having just beat Liverpool over two legs, i'm generally pleased with the season so far.

Brought in some fresh faces. Namely:

Marek Hamsik from Napoli - £19m
Andrei Arshavin from Zenit - £12m
Dario Srna from Shaktar - £16m
Alex from Internacional in Brazil for something like £6m.
Merin Radoi - Romanian CB £?m
Ben Foster from Man U for £4.1m I think (got offered by Fergie)

Sold Elano for £10m to Barca.
Vassell to Everton for £1.6m.
Danny Mills to Derby for about £1.2m I think?
Kasper Schmeichel to Real Betis for £2.3m

Currently fighting off everyone European Super Power ever to keep a hold of Micah Richards. Petrov being hunted by Sevilla and Lyon and Onouha being watched by Everton and Pompy. Robinho happy and netting for fun, Benjani and Arshavin also scoring.

Looking to hold out for my top ten finish and would really love to make the FA Cup final. Next season looking at a new striker, enquired about Michael Owen and had a £5m bidn accepted but he wasn't interested in discussing contracts. Looking at Adriano but not sure what transfer kitty i'll get for the new season as i'm already operating at a loss of about 59.1million !

Yet the board are happy ! And so are the fans !
Anyway, War and Peace over !
Blue Moon . . . . . . . .

update to mine

season 14 villa 2nd prem and i got to semi of champions league very close to winning something

Just won the Confernce League Cup with Rushden and Diamonds and also won promotion via the play offs in my first season.

Some one please for the love of god reccommend a Centre back! I have nowt to spend! I have Coccoran who was already there who was immense in bsp not so immense now but gettin better. I signed tod lumsden from Raith who played 50games in bsp but is not L2 standard and i'm leaking goals because of him. any good cheap (free) centrebacks anyone knows of? i cant find any for love nor money.

I would certainly recommend Alex Somoza as he played very well for my team in the lower divisions. If you offer his team £0 they should accept.

I'm Bury in League 2, started off with a 0-0 draw at home to Darlington, followed by a surprising 2-1 win away at Carlisle in the League Cup. Then i beat Aldershot 2-0 and am current 1-1 at Q.P.R so not doing too shabby. REALLY NEED AN AML tho if anyone can recommend any..

---------- Post added at 07:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:37 PM ----------

strike that....we won 2-1 118th minute andy bishop yay lol

in eighth season with west Brom

---------- Post added at 08:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:07 PM ----------

wtf lol in 8th season with WBA lost 2 one 1.
1st - 17th
2nd - 13th
3rd - 12th
4th - 9th
5th - 7th
6th - 7th
7th - 4th
won league cup in 3rd n av gt to two uefa cup semis wana win summit again soon lol

yes ive been with arsenal for 11 years and in 2020 and ive one the league every season, won the champions league 6 times, won the fa cup 5 times and league cup 5 times and ive made it into the hall of fame sittin at the top !!

Just coming to the end of a 30 year career with Liverpool. Managed to win 16 titles in a row and won 6 champions leagues.
for those who'd like to know my best team ( of actual players..no regens) was
Reina, Richards, Criscito, Carragher, Marcelo, David Silva, Veloso, Moutinho, Gerrard, Myself;), Torres
after coming out of such a long game i'm finding it hard to start a new one..i've tried Bremen, Reading, Leeds, Zaragoza but can't seem to settle on 1 game!

Update on my Man City season. Finished my first season.
Beat L'Pool over two legs 3-1 to get to the FA Cup Semi Final, eventually got beat by Man U 2-0 at Wembley.
Next game in league lost to Arsenal 1-0 who won the league on 92 pts.
Final few games:
Liverpool 4-2
Bolton 0-1
Chelsea 0-3
and my triumph Man U :) 4-1
final game of the season lost 1-0 to Spurs but put out fringe players.

Finished 8th, 2 pts off European spot. Marek Hamsik won young player of the year, Walcott 2nd, Richards 3rd.

Really not sure if I need anyone new in the Summer. Thinking maybe a left back and possibly a striker?

My normal starting eleven:
Hart / Foster

Srna Onuoha/Dunne Richards Garrido

Zabaleta/SWP/Arshavin Hamsik Johnson/Fernandes Petrov

Robinho Arshavin/Benjani/Jo

In's - Fleck from Rangers / Mason from Spurs / Cork from West Ham
Outs - Hamann / Glauber