SaintBantam

Reaction score
Hi,

I was wondering what kind of game you get the most enjoyment out of?

When I say this I mean do you prefer to be in a relegation battle, have financial troubles, be challenging at the top of the table or even mid table obscurity!

Personally, I hate being teams like Man City or Barcelona. Basically, anybody rich or who has a chance of winning the League in the first season.

Recently, I have found a game which I'm enjoying more than any other! :) I have been at West Brom for a year, having been hired by them in the year 2037. I finished 2nd in my first season (they were already 2nd when I joined) and won the FA Cup (we were in the semi's when I joined). They keep giving me massive transfer budgets and the chairman pumped in 40m in the summer, but despite this we still have a -£80 million balance! It was almost this big when I came. We also have £100s of millions due in monthly installments. Also, we are fighting in a great battle for the title, with City but were about 5 points behind.

I don't know why but a proper good title challange and the prospect of going "bust" interests me! That's what I find fun! :D

So what do you like?

I like being mid-table teams in order to try and get them firstly into europe then challenge for the title. Its a good challenge and more fun than being teams who have the big bucks to spend

My favourite save of late has been one with Pumas in Mexico. Media Prediction 7th, No transfer budget, One free transfer later and I win the League and the SuperLiga. :)

buy youngster and sell them for **** lots of money.. increase the finance, build new stadium... winning league and cup..

I like managing my beloved Liverpool. Other than this i like to start a journeyman save and try to get as high up as possible. I'm not as good as some of the people on here so this takes a looooonnnnnngggggg time. :)

Starting in the Lower leagues and then working my way up to become the national manager :D

Relegation Battles- FTW. Nothing like playing songs like "Eye of the Tiger" and "Dreams" before each match, checking the table after each weekend of play, anaylsing fellow strugglers fixtures. Beleiving you can survive after every win, and admitting your down after every loss. And then feeling down and upset after getting relegated OR having a little celebration at your survival..

I suppose I've had for the last 3 years with Argyle Irl, so its a force of habit now :wub:

Olympique Lyon and AC Milan. At OL I made some great buisness, selling young footballers for high prices. I bought a player when he was 17 for 1.2M and sold him after 3 seasons for 20M. If you want to make buisness, Olympique Lyon is the best team you can do that: a team with no debt, with a great stadium in development, small wages and at the end of each month your financial status is positive. I am in 2017 and my balance is 876M. I won UCL 4 times, Uefa Supercup 4 times, Ligue1 7 times and so on. Great GREAT GREAT

My favourite save at the moment is with Newcastle, managed to get the title after a few seasons thanks to a good run, but doesnt look like I'll be retaining the title though.

I like to start at the bottom and then get up through the ranks. Usually a club in the second or third division. Current save I play, I started with Duisburg in Bundesliga 2, was there at 2 seasons until Shahktar offered me a job, because of their trainer retired. I made a dream team out of Shahktar and won the CL twice and made it the third best club in the world. My contract expired in 2015 and I didn't want to renew it, so I signed with Bayern München and are currently in my first season, which I'm pretty I will win. :) Duisburg which I brought into the Bundesliga 1, looks like they'll go back down in the Bundesliga 2 after 4 seasons in the Bundesliga 1. Quite sad to see my old team fail :D
Mourinho left Real Madrid in November 2010 and was jobless until year 2015 when he signed with Manchester City, where Michael Laudrup was manager until he was sacked and went to Stuttgart, where he'll probably soon be sacked again. Pep Guardilola choose to be manager at the Spanish national team and Carlo Ancelotti was hired as manager for Barcelona. It's so funny :D

It's with 11.2 database before patch, just so you know, but the game is patched to 11.3 now.

Last edited:
Starting in obscure countries like Finland or Belarus and working your way through to winning the Champions League, also making the league one of the best and trying to get the national team win the World Cup.

I like the idea of managing a team in the N Power 2nd Division and bringing them up with a mixture of original team members and new signings. I haven't actually done it yet. I tried when I had FM 2007 with Stevenage, but failed to get them promoted and gave up. I'm a lot better now though, so am going to give it another go, starting tonight!

Starting in obscure countries like Finland or Belarus and working your way through to winning the Champions League, also making the league one of the best and trying to get the national team win the World Cup.

That's exactly what I did with my FC Inter Turku save in Finland in my signature...unfortunately it broke and I had to quit. :(

I love games where you actually have to check the league table to see how your doing. Being miles ahead at the top for the whole season is just boring.

I like to play with Barcelona as it is my favourite team, but my best saves were with Atletico Madrid and with Sao Paulo.

mls for about a season/league of ireland/and trying to win copa libertadores with a team who hasnt won it in a long time