Your Favourite Rock Band!

I go to see Biffy Clyro this friday :D

Their new album is epically epic :)

Simon Neil is epic. When he had a cold, he still performed with a cracky voice <333#

Coldplay. More alt. Rock than pure rock, but still some excellent songs.
U2. Legends.
Red Hot Chilli Peppers.
Paramore
Green Day
Oasis

Loads more I like, but these are the notables.

And Paramore for me too. And Flyleaf, listen to them. ;) And look at their lead singer ;)

I got drunk with Airbourne a few years ago, during their first album tour, so it was them. Saw WASP earlier today, but their day is passed. Of all time, I may have to say AC/DC. There are so many awesome rock bands, Motley, Guns, Ratt, WASP, Sabbath, Judas Priest (may be considered metal), Def Leppard, Motorhead, Saxon, The Answer, The Darkness, Crashdiet, Crazy Lixx, The Black Crowes, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Bon Jovi, Warrant, Accept (also maybe metal), Dangerous Toys, Danger Danger, LA Guns, Faster Pussycat, Jethro Tull, Led Zeppelin, The Who, The Rolling Stones etc etc.

Most people would call me a rock purist. I hate the newer indie and grunge inspired stuff. It lacks testosterone, drugs, belligerence, alcohol and attitude.

---------- Post added at 07:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:34 AM ----------

Led Zeppelin - Simply the greatest rock band of all time.

Lynyrd Skynyrd are a personal favourite of mine as well, probably known by most people for 1 song but all of their albums are full of gems which not many people have listened to.

Four Walls of Raiford is awesome. I was in a town in North Carolina called Raeford this summer - gutted it wasn't Raiford.

Last edited:
Rock?
Probably Breaking Benjamin.

But I mainly listen to metal. In Flames/Metallica/Amorphis ect. ect. FTW (6)

Last edited:
I wouldn't say that Metallica are rock. Very Metal imo.

coming from a metal fan, metallica are a mixed bag and much of their material I would consider rock.
Albums like The Black Album, Load, and Re-Load are certainly mainstream rock.
However all their 80s albums and St Anger and Death Magnetic are all METAL.

My favourite Rock Band is KISS, and Metal it would be Megadeth

coming from another metal fan, early metallica was playing metal, than rock, and after rock, somethin' like pop... I pitty u lars :(

nothing else matters, it reminds me at pop...

Rock?
Probably Breaking Benjamin.

But I mainly listen to metal. In Flames/Metallica/Amorphis ect. ect. FTW (6)

someone finally said it, Breaking Benjamin definitely my favourite

nothing else matters, it reminds me at pop...

one song on album which is hardly pop, and nothing else matters I would not consider pop either

Meh, after Ride The Lightning is all ****.

An Justice for All was excellent, I also think that Garage Inc was awesome, especially disk 2. Also Death Magnetic was a decent return to form and worth checking out.
Its better than 90% of other heavy metal out there.
I think the metal bands playing the best metal now are still the big four, Slayers world painted blood, Megadeths Endgame and Metallica's Death Magnetic are all great albums.
I had high hopes for Anthrax worship music with thier new singer Dan Neslon, however he left the band and Belladona is back so I dont think the album will work with Belladona's voice. the songs were not recoreded with his style of singing in mind, it was recorded to suite Nelson who is Phil Anselmo style

Last edited:
b benjamin, just one song, cold, rest, dunno, but, last song ( that I can remember) that was good from metallica is whenever I may roam...
nowdays, metal is bad, despite disturbed and drowning pool, nothing... Im waiting soad to reunite :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ps0MfBG5-Uo enjoy ;)

I wouldn't say that Metallica are rock. Very Metal imo.

Loadsa Grunge faves on these posts too. Would you say they're rock acts ?

'Rock' is a broad church. IMO.

---------- Post added at 07:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:48 PM ----------

coming from a metal fan, metallica are a mixed bag and much of their material I would consider rock.
Albums like The Black Album, Load, and Re-Load are certainly mainstream rock.
However all their 80s albums and St Anger and Death Magnetic are all METAL.

Never thought about M's musical phases too deeply before, but I much prefer 'Load' to the other albums, so I guess I prefer Metallica ' in rock' so to speak.

I believe the main reason Jason left was that he thought Het's songs were getting a bit too mellow for his tastes.

Nobody likes THE WHO...!?!?!
They are my favourite band...

Nobody likes THE WHO...!?!?!
They are my favourite band...

I respect The Who but Dont rate them, first doesn't mean best to me. I even think Limp Bizkit done a better job of Behind Blue Eyes than The Who

I respect The Who but Dont rate them, first doesn't mean best to me. I even think Limp Bizkit done a better job of Behind Blue Eyes than The Who

The Who > Limp Bizkit.

Very, very few covers are better than the original. One rare example is Rufus Wainwright's version of Halleluja.