Your FM History

started on cm1
Managed;Liverpool Celtic Barcelona Inter Rusden&diamonds West Ham Newcastle Spurs Bohemians(Ireland)Ipswich Leeds Leicester.

From FM05:

I took Rushden & Diamonds in League Two. Expected to obtain a decent mid-table finish. With a small lump of form near the end from which I recover I get the team third and direct promotion.

Next season my team is mostly the same and after an early slump getting me down from fourth place in eighth fixture to fiteenth after the fourteenth, and then a small middle slump toward the half of the second leg I do a come back based on better tactics. But the hardest matches are the four last, I win the first and the third, but the second I lose against Oldham and the fourth, last day, I need a victory and Oldham not winning. Things start well scoring at minute 13 and it goes well until minute 37, when my rivals drawn; hope is there yet, my rivals dominate but Oldham ends their first half with a 0-0, still there can be the surprise of them losing againts the 15th. But in second half they score to a 2-0, then 2-1 and the final 3-1 and my team fails to make another goal, so I miss the playoffs by one point from Oldham.

Next season most of my good players are taken by other teams and my signings were not yet done looking at all attributes, so I got players that were good in the key for their position... except decisions or balance or anticipation. So I reach half season n penultimate position and 6 points below salvation, 20 from play offs. I get four new players to form a new backbone with better judgement of stats and returning to my most successful tactic ever: 4-2-3-1 ... and I storm the second leg, ending tenth at seven points from play off.

I began when the come back was not yet so clear to request jobs, one was for Wigan. At the end of the next preseason, with a team that had again lost most of the good players and signings that were done now knowing what to look for but this time without look to get players to my satisfaction I received the message Wigan took my job app and I moved to Wigan on Championship.

So that season, despite losing a couple key players, I managed to get the team to second place, tied in points to Leeds. An odd season where I either drawn to 0, lost by 0-4 or won by 4-0, 4-1 or 5-1.

Then I jumped to FM09:

I retook Wigan to go on the history and first season was just average, ending eleventh.

Now I'm in my second season, 12th with 13 points. I got players to make two teams but they've not been enough to give the push I hoped. And of course, Juli, my most disliked signing by fans, has started to score and get MoMs just after his signing appreciation stat has vanished from the confidence list.

I started playing Football Management games way back in the old days of the BBC Electron.
Then I bought a cheap Amiga 500+ and bought CM 93/94 and spent many an hr glued to my TV screen.
I used to stay up till 1 or 2am when I was not at work next day trying to win promotions and titles.
I used to put myself in front of the TV screen on a sunday morning with a cup of tea,some ginger biscuits and listen to radio 5 and Fantasy Football.
I then was so excited at the idea of CM Italia and would spend many an hr trying to win Serie A with Lazio.
I then bought my first laptop in 2000 and spent many an hr playing CM on there until FM 09 came out and have loved every hour on it.
So far I am into my 2nd season with Newcastle in the Coca Cola Championship.
I have got my game pimped up with all the logo's and the player pics aswell as all the badges.
I think that this makes the game far more enjoyable.

Contunies the history.

I was still 12th with almost 20 points when in mid season Portsmouth sacked his manager and I was favourite to take the place. I refused to comment.

The season was on very disappointing from that, with a streak of games that took me against every major team so at the end morale was low (from ManU to Liverpool then Arsenal on to Chelsea to end with Man City, should have screenied that). Almost wished I had said I wanted Portsmouth to move quick.

Portmouth quickly got to tie in points with me, from 16th to 14th, my team dropping to 13th, after the second big game. In the winter window and the remaining budget I did a first set of signings, looking more for next season and beated the team's record fee buying Laurent Flaubert for 10,75€ and a couple other fast players (Scanell and someone else). With the big rivals there was not much to do though, the core of the team was to weak for the signings to have much effect. And things went pretty bad, getting several losses in a row, no less than seven, dropping Wigan to 16th tied in points with Portsmouth 17th.

I changed from my usual 4-2-3-1 to a 4-4-2, which bagged me a couple wins and some drawns, but soon defeats came to plague the team, which didn't get above 14th, still tied with Portsmouth. And from there, went back to 16th and with three matches to end of season it looked pretty dark, as the relegation teams started to win their games and I was just two points ahead first relegation place, three points below Portsmouth. Then I changed to a 3-5-2 defensive, won 2-0 to Portsmouth, lost the next and tied the last game to end 14th.

During summer I started to hire other fast players, to play push up defence and offside in defense and good dribblers that could outrun defenders (have never managed more than very few attackers able to get alone). But when the days for the friendlies came, Portsmouth finally offered me their management. I took it, despite seeing their team somewhat weak and having a fast team as desired plus a whooping 33M€ transfer budget.

Bought some fast defenders to cover for the slow defense Portsmouth had at that point, plus Vainqueur who did very well in Wigan and bought strikers, again looking for speed, as the ones the team had wouldn't overtake a snail with the ball. And are not brilliant in getting goals. The new strikers don't get much either, though, but I'm out of budget. When winter comes I'll try to offload some of the players to get some new signings.

The preseason was good, won easily most, deserved to defeat Barcelona, but ended 0-0; despite Barcelona having more chances and possession in the resume screen, 25 out of 30 key scenes were in my favor.

Season started good, I won 2-0 against ManU... but then team went down, currently is in november only in 11th position, due to weak attack and not strong enough defense. Midfield I think works really well with Rio Mavuba, Niko Kranjcar and either Sean Martin, Lee Catermole, Vainqueur, Hyland or a brazillian D/DM/MC player whose name I've forgotten and is the main to fill the middle of the three MC, with Babovic in bench. The most important signings that could have made things go much better where two failed signings: one brazilian defender who didn't get the permit and a brazilian striker that when he was to join I got that I had no funds (even if I paid in the form of 0€ now rest in 24 months).

Next winter I think I'll offload all the attackers Portsmouth had when I came: Okoma, Crouch, Nugent and other guy, plus Papa Bouba Diop, who is wanted and getting old, plus a few others to decide when transfer window reopens.

Tottenham has sacked Redknapp and I'm the favorite, didn't comment, which board takes as a sign that I'll remain with Portsmouth. Considering they're behind (14th) I may stay with Portsmouth. Though their team is interesting, a lot of good minds. I think I'll stay though. At least if the team doesn't go low, which is not something to rule out as Reading just passed over my team, when they shouldn't have. Then I've just lost League Cup's quarter finals against Liverpool, so that's not necessarily bad, even if next match is Arsenal.

Last edited:
I will only mention saves that have lasted 2 seasons or more.

I started on FM08 so that's only two manager games overall -_-

Arsenal - 5 Seasons (09)
Journeyman Save - 4 Seasons (08)
West Ham United - 4 Seasons (09)
Barcelona - 3 Seasons (08)
Inter - 3 Seasons (08)
Arsenal - 2 Seasons (08)

I am quite new to FM world only starting with FM09.
I have spent most of my time with the lower leagues:

1.West Ham - 1 season (demo of game)
2.Methry Tyndil - 3 seasons (bug crash)
3. Boston United - 10 seasons (bored)
4a.Denia (spain)- 5 season (got job with Ivrea)
4b. Ivrea (italy)- 2 seasons (got bored)
5a. York City - 6 seasons (got job with stoke)
5b. Stoke City- 2nd season (currently managing)

Last edited:
started with Champ Man 00/01 with Stan Collymore who was a brillaint free transfer after first season and Gary Mills from Rushden & Diamonds became a England international every time later on. game i loved the most was Champ Man 01/02 with Cherno Samba becoming the best player on the planet along with Assane N'Diaye and using the formation 4-1-3-2 you were unbeatable was a simpeler time ......

Started in CM2 and I have managed probably hundreds of teams i can remember these:

Newcastle (my team)
Aberdeen (my other team)
West Ham, Liverpool, Man Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea, Leeds, Rochdale, Carlisle
Queens Park, Celtic, Rangers, Dundee, St. Johnstone
Lyon, Paris St. Germain
Ajax, PSV
AC Milan, Inter, Lazio, Roma, Juventus, Foggia
Bayern Munich, Dortmund, Werder Bremen
Barcelona, Real Madrid, Valencia, Sevilla, Atletico Madrid
River Plate
Sao Paulo, Palmeiras
Anderlecht
Porto, Benfica, Sporting Lisbon

and these countries:

Scotland, Brazil, Cameroon, Senegal, Nigeria, Portugal, Brazil, Argentina, Spain, Italy, Norway, France, Holland

I've been playing since 02.. The teams iv managed:
Man United, Barca, Sampdoria, Leeds, St Patricks Athletic, celtic, yeovil, rusden and diamonds, xerez, lanzarote..

Just started a new save with Man Utd (to have a big team), Leeds, (Challenge) and Brazil u20's!!

I started with FM09, but have been playing other football manager games before that.
I have no memory of which teams I've managed though.

First started like championship manager 99/00 i think when i was about 7 or 8, Was Chelsea,
Pompey
Villa (most successful team i've been) currently in 2018 with them on 09 :)
Loads more lol

Started from fm 2007, been:
Arsenal (fm 07)
Real madrid (fm 07 and cm 08)
Barcelona (cm 08)
Man City (fm 09)
Huddersfield (fm 09)
Stoke City (fm 2010)

Since 05:
Newcastle
AFC Wimbledon
Cambridge United
Cambridge City
Man Utd
Hull
Burnley
Reading
and MANY more...

I remember being Ajax on FM2005 and I was unbeaten for three years and dropped 2 points in 2 years.

Thats probably better than Celtics record 62 games unbeaten.

Last edited:
started on fm 2005, hmm I don't really play loads of saves tbh but I think I've done:

Fulham
Nottingham Forrest
Aston Villa
Brentford
Everton
West Ham
Sheffield United
Millwall
Valencia
Ajax
Palermo
Catania