Your hopes, expectations and prediction for season 2011-2012

I'm personally hoping for a top four spot in the League, I'm preparing myself for the most competitive fight for the top spots ever in the Premiership.

my view on Arsenal 11/12!

1. What are you hoping from Arsenal?
A: 6yrs is too long. hoping to get a silverware at any stage (no, not the emirates cup, LOL), maybe carling cup first and keep momentum in EPL plus the FA and CL(or EL in some case) cup too ;)

2. New player you are looking forward to most or any other team's player?
A: Gervhino (superman@!A) and anyone else coming to arsenal. abit of ryo but not a big fuss cuz he's (might be) going on loan next year again. (wanna see an asian playing for arsenal ;D 0

outside: wondering wow Young will at the OT.
and whether Clichy will be the glitch of Man City defence. ;)

3. Expectations from season and by other teams?
A: have arsenal end the drought soon, and hopefully wreck Barcelona (bulls-eye) and big names like beating barca, chelsea and manu at the Emirates last year. ;)

1. What are you hoping from your favourite team?: Tottenham - Reaching at least semi-finals of Europa League and qualifying again for Champions League.
2. New player you are looking forward to most or any other team's player?: Any classy ones.
3. Expectations from season and by other teams?: Newcastle performing well in CC and winning it.

Last edited:
1. What are you hoping for Liverpool: Obviously to pick up where we left off with Kenny last season. Dont care about the domestic cups, would like to see a few young players get a run in those games. Realistically want to see us finish at least top 3 and Auto qualifying for CL next year. Its possible, if City or Chelsea fail to hit the ground running we can distance ourselves from them. To be honest I dont see Arsenal or Spurs as that much of a threat. Neither team have really strengthened their teams yet.
2. New player you are looking forward to most or any other team's player? Hoping to see Downing live up to his price tag, Aqua to show he can cut it in the PL and hopefully Higuan strutting his stuff in a LFC shirt(wishful thinking).Also looking forward to our youngsters getting a few games and developing...(Suso, Pacheco, Robinson, Kelly, Flanno, Coady, Sterling and Adam Morgan :wub: )
3. Expectations from season and by other teams? Expect Newcastle to do well, De Gea to flop at United and see them miss out on top 4 :p, Blackburn,Stoke and Villa to finish in top half. Other than that i have no cares about the rest of the table once LFC get back to the promised land :)

1. A place in the top two. Not expecting another league victory.

2. If we can, buy either Sneijder or Modric. But I'd really love a ball-winner in the midfield, some real battling strength.

3. I am expecting Chelsea and Manchester City to be huge title contenders, and if Chelsea get it right under AVB, they will be strong once more. Mancini has a chance if he bolsters his midfield and gets a striker to replace Tevez, should he leave.

1. What are you hoping from your favourite team?
Hoping for a top-ten finish, continuing to blood through some youngsters and hoping they prove to be a success.

Haven't signed too many players yet! That said, I hope Given does well, and Albrighton and Clark continue their wonderful development.

Arsenal will be fourth again I reckon, and United, City and Chelsea will be battling it out. It depends a lot on Chelsea under AVB and City's replacement for Tevez, but I think Chelsea might have it this year. Also, expect Sunderland to either do very well or fail utterly. Wigan to go down along with Norwich and Swansea. QPR to do well.

1) Win the Title
2) Have another strong run
3) Hopefully finalise the "Wesley Saga"

Jones getting some game time with Smalling, Young to prove my doubts wrong

Finish in the top two, with an epic fight from Chelsea and City, Sunderland to very nearly crash the party, but finish 6th

1) Win the Title
2) Have another strong run
3) Hopefully finalise the "Wesley Saga"

Jones getting some game time with Smalling, Young to prove my doubts wrong

Finish in the top two, with an epic fight from Chelsea and City, Sunderland to very nearly crash the party, but finish 6th

Out of curiousity, who do you think will finish below Sunderland out of the top 6 from last year?

Wigan;

1. I just hope we can fulfill our real potential and stake that mid-tabled finish before the last month of the season. We've been so unlucky these past couple of seasons with regards to results. losing by 1 goal in the last 20 minutes or giving away a lead in the second half, I honestly think, with the players we currently have that we can push for a mid-tabled finish over the next few seasons, RM is only doing good things for the club.

2. Connor Sammon, Victor Moses, James McArthur.. All are going to have to step up their game if we are going to punch above our weight. It looks like Charlie, Rodallega and Boselli may way be leaving us so we need the new/young lads to fill in. Also looking forward to seeing Di Santo, always been a good player but just not got the pitch time at Wigan he deserves. There are plenty of other players from the other teams I can't wait to watch but it isn't the end of the transfer window just yet..

3. I expect Wigan to trump their point total of last season, maybe matching the total we got in our first season which saw us finish 10th. I don't think the league is going to be as tight as it was last season. Think Liverpool will be serious contenders, QPR will stay up and Swansea, Norwich and Wolves will go down. Wigan won't be battling for safety on the last day.

1.A top 10 finish and a decent cup run would be good.And to go the whole season with only one manager.
2.I'm looking forward to seeing Yohan Cabaye in a Newcastle shirt and Hatem Ben Arfa with a fully functioning leg.
Elsewhere I think it'll be interesting to see how Fernando Torres does this season.
3.I expect mid-table obscurity 11-13 position.
Chelsea to win the league, with Man City,Man U and Liverpool taking up the other CL places,in that order.
Swansea,Wigan and QPR to go down.
And Real Madrid to win the Champions League

Hopes for Charlton: With all the new signings it has to be promotion.

New player I'm looking forward to watching: Danny Green, league 1's David Beckham, for us. For other teams Gervinho, Liverpool's new signings and how our former bright hopes Jonjo Shelvey and Carl Jenkinson do with bigger clubs if they are given opportunities.

Expectations: Norwich, Swansea and Wigan to go down, in that order, although I don't mind the last 2 so hope they stay up. QPR safe on the final day. United to win title, Chelsea, City and Arsenal make up the other CL places.

New player I'm looking forward to watching: Danny Green, league 1's David Beckham, for us. For other teams Gervinho, Liverpool's new signings and how our former bright hopes Jonjo Shelvey and Carl Jenkinson do with bigger clubs if they are given opportunities.

Expectations: Norwich, Swansea and Wigan to go down, in that order, although I don't mind the last 2 so hope they stay up. QPR safe on the final day. United to win title, Chelsea, City and Arsenal make up the other CL places.

Every time I went to watch dag and red last season Green scored. You have a great new player in Green :)

Out of curiousity, who do you think will finish below Sunderland out of the top 6 from last year?

Spurs,

---------- Post added at 05:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:06 PM ----------

My view may yet change, its still early in the window, but 'Arry is yet to strengthen up front, or anywhere. And we know how bad their forwards were. Yet Sunderland have seriously strengthened, so have liverpool, and the top 4 for the most part

Notts County:

Hope: We don't get relegated

Expect: We'll get relegated.

Spurs,

---------- Post added at 05:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:06 PM ----------

My view may yet change, its still early in the window, but 'Arry is yet to strengthen up front, or anywhere. And we know how bad their forwards were. Yet Sunderland have seriously strengthened, so have liverpool, and the top 4 for the most part

I think Sunderland will do well, but I can't see them coming top 6; as it stands this is the way I see it:

1. Chelsea
2. United
3. City
4. Liverpool
5. Arsenal
6. Spurs
7. Everton
8. Sunderland

Some of you probably think I'm being biased, however I've put Liverpool in fourth ahead of Arsenal because as it stands, we, unlike them, have addressed the majority of areas that needed improvement - Creativity, width etc. But I don't really think we can answer this thread properly until the transfer window is shut and everyone has finished business.

1. What are you hoping from Your favourite team?

That we Win Something ! and finish in the top 4

Gervinho and hopefully RVP has a full season

1. What are you hoping from Your favourite team?

That we Win Something ! and finish in the top 4

Gervinho and hopefully RVP has a full season

You forgot:

3. What do you expect?

Arsenal to bottle everything, as per.

Your forgetting Bradley Pritchard ;)

---------- Post added at 06:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:08 PM ----------

You forgot:

3. What do you expect?

Arsenal to bottle everything, as per.

to bottle everything, yet still finish above liverpool

Spurs,

Yes, Sunderland have strengthened, but in numbers...not class.

Signing like Gardner, Brown and such will to get then into the top 6, although O'Shea and Brown may add valuable experience that is merely not enough. Plus, our forwards (Pav in particular) were just as good/poor as Sunderland's were. Gyan netted about 11 goals and Pav got 10 in the league I believe. Can't see them getting in the top 8 let alone 6 tbh.

See it ending up with -

1st - Chelsea
2nd - Yanited
3rd - City
4th - Liverpool/Spurs*
5th - Arsenal/Spurs
6th - Arsenal/Spurs
7th - Newcastle/Villa/Everton

*If we sign a top striker and keep Modric.

Your forgetting Bradley Pritchard ;)

---------- Post added at 06:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:08 PM ----------

to bottle everything, yet still finish above liverpool
Wouldn't mind Liverpool 20th and Arsenal 19th :p