Your hopes, expectations and prediction for season 2011-2012

Yes, Sunderland have strengthened, but in numbers...not class.

Signing like Gardner, Brown and such will to get then into the top 6, although O'Shea and Brown may add valuable experience that is merely not enough. Plus, our forwards (Pav in particular) were just as good/poor as Sunderland's were. Gyan netted about 11 goals and Pav got 10 in the league I believe. Can't see them getting in the top 8 let alone 6 tbh.

See it ending up with -

1st - Chelsea
2nd - Yanited
3rd - City
4th - Liverpool/Spurs*
5th - Arsenal/Spurs
6th - Arsenal/Spurs
7th - Newcastle/Villa/Everton

*If we sign a top striker and keep Modric.

So you think we'll come 4th?...

Yes, Sunderland have strengthened, but in numbers...not class.

Signing like Gardner, Brown and such will to get then into the top 6, although O'Shea and Brown may add valuable experience that is merely not enough. Plus, our forwards (Pav in particular) were just as good/poor as Sunderland's were. Gyan netted about 11 goals and Pav got 10 in the league I believe. Can't see them getting in the top 8 let alone 6 tbh.

See it ending up with -

1st - Chelsea
2nd - Yanited
3rd - City
4th - Liverpool/Spurs*
5th - Arsenal/Spurs
6th - Arsenal/Spurs
7th - Newcastle/Villa/Everton

*If we sign a top striker and keep Modric.

Gyan had a better season, he was involved in making their goals as well as scoring them. They have enough to get top 6 if they have a strong season, and not fade like usual. Spurs are the weakest of the Top 6 right now

Sunderland lacked bite, and their signings offer that to go with the guile at the club already

have a look at http://www.whoscored.com/Blog/ow7l1...nderland-Additions-Give-Black-Cats-Extra-Bite

Last edited:
Gyan had a better season, he was involved in making their goals as well as scoring them. They have enough to get top 6 if they have a strong season, and not fade like usual. Spurs are the weakest of the Top 6 right now

We may be the weakest of the top 6, but are still far far stronger than Sunderland, who sold their 2 best players last season.

We may be the weakest of the top 6, but are still far far stronger than Sunderland, who sold their 2 best players last season.

And replaced them with players that fill the weaknesses read my edit

1. What are you hoping from Your favourite team?

Stay up and maybe even, and i know this is a big ask, get past the 3rd round of the FA cup for the first time in 10 years but that's probably pushing it.

2. New player you are looking forward to most or any other team's player?

Arr, this is a hard one, lets see...Jay Bothroyd or Keiron Dyer, umm, i'll go with Bothroyd. For other teams it has to be the Odemnator and see if/hope Raheem Sterling breaks into the first team then ultimately fails and goes to someone **** like Brentford.

3. Expectations from season and by other teams?

Relegation.

And I also think Cardiff will get relegated, and Brentford.

OP updated, so share your hopes and expectations for the new season.