becheren

Reaction score
I've heard alot of stories about managers having sons in FM, but I haven't seen any screenshots at all. Is there anyone out there who know how common this is and do you by any chance have a couple of screens? :)

It seems like something FM would have...surprisingly...i mean they always do this kinda stuff :p

I've never seen nor heard of it though.

there was a thread called 'ever had a son?' which discussed this subject and had a few screenshots, but unfortunately i can't seem to find it.... oO)

I've heard it's true, hasn't happened to me though. I'm in 2029 in my current save, have still to go probably at least 10 years until he appears.

Just realised I'm only 33 in the game...no chance of this happening for me then :(

it is possible in fifa manager i think but i herd that is possible on FM too

cant find nothing with the new search bar. There is a theard though, but if a remember the son was very poor on screen shots

Just realised I'm only 33 in the game...no chance of this happening for me then :(

Well I don't know if ingame age plays a part in when you're going to have a son.

I hope the whole having a son thing isn't just a myth, because as I said, I haven't seen any proof of it yet

I've seen regen relatives of real life players in the game. Nothing to say they are cousins, nephews, father/son etc... though.

I believe you have to stay with a club for a long time. I'm in 2020 now and don't have a son but I'm in my 30s. Maybe by 2040 I will have one. I just hope he is 5 stars! Would be rubbish if he 1/2 gray star, complete disgrace to the family name!

I've seen regen relatives of real life players in the game. Nothing to say they are cousins, nephews, father/son etc... though.

I believe you have to stay with a club for a long time. I'm in 2020 now and don't have a son but I'm in my 30s. Maybe by 2040 I will have one. I just hope he is 5 stars! Would be rubbish if he 1/2 gray star, complete disgrace to the family name!

Do you have any screenshots? :) And even if he only was 1/2 gray star, I think I would've used mine in the starting formation anyway

When I get a son, I'll be very tempted to FMRTE him to a wonderkid, veryyy tempted...

but getting that far in the game will be hard..the farthest i've gotten was in fm10 and it was 2020

Last edited:
I was 25, hall of fame and everything, number 1, done 27 seasons, nothing. What would he be called? It's only happened to me on PSP

I was 25, hall of fame and everything, number 1, done 27 seasons, nothing. What would he be called? It's only happened to me on PSP

I've heard that he would have your last name and you will be in his "favoured personnel"

I saw one thread about that, not in this Forum, which ended to be an epic thread. Someone stayed in Newcastle for a lot of seasons and found a player with the same last name in Newcastle youth team with him (the manager) as favoured personnel in 2020. They played together, played World Cups together and then played each other as managers. If I can post a link I could search for the thread in google. It was so fun to read the story hehe

Surely the easiest way to check is to just check your own favoured personnel rather than searching for them? Must say I've never heard of it, but it seems interesting. Quite far into my own game just now so hopefully it will happen to me.

Just hope that if it ever did happen to me they have a decent first name, no Horace or anything like that in my family thanks.