Your Rivals

• Thread starter Thread starter Billy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 45
  • Views Views 3K
i have decided to choise man utd because they have been our main title rivals for a few years now.

What do you hate most about your rivals?

that they just dont stop winning trophys lol. the ammount of premier leagues they have won is ridiculous lol and i just cant stand seeing them win.

Your best ever derby moment?

chelsea 3-0 man utd in 2006 when we thrashed them to win the premier league title for a second year in a row.

And the worst?

ive gotta pick the champions league final because that is such a big trophy chelsea have never lifted before and i wanted it so bad and i remember how heart broken i was when terry missed that penalty :'(

What do you secretly admire about your rivals?

their desire to win games and how they never give up no matter how many goals they are losing by. it could be the 95th minute in a game utd are a goal down and you still couldnt count them out.

Which player do you most fear from the opposition?

after last season it has got to be rooney. he didnt win the golden boot but he was easily the best striker in the premier league last season and when his on top form no defence in the world can stop him

How they can say they are the bigger team, when we spent 27 years in the prem, and they had what, 5 years? Also, when we went through admin, they constantly were having digs at us, and our 10 point deduction, and can't seem to take it like men now they are experiencing the same troubles.

Sat behind the goal, watching Peter Crouch score a last minute penalty to knock them out of the F.A Cup. Shame he went and joined them straight after, ****.

And the worst?

The 4-1 in the premiership, but most recently the 4-1 in the F.A Cup this season, which we dominated them for 45 minutes - should have been 3-0 up, they score from the edge of the box, we draw level through Sir Rickie of Lambert, then they sit back and score on 3 counter attacks from set pieces.

Their general luck, how they always get the decisions on the field, how they can get below avrage players to at least play well in the premiership most games.

Well, both teams have the same standard of players in my opinion, but Jamie O'Hara was a very technically good player, and Belhadj is a premier standard player so.

Best Derby Moment - Cardiff 2 - 1 Swansea - Late winner by Chopra. Amazing match and a great atmosphere

That they are the self-proclaimed 'greatest fans in the world', well the greatest fans in the world weren't there last year when crowds at Parkhhead plummeted to 30,000. Oh, and not to mention,

Destroying them 4-2 at Parkhead in the opening derby match of the 08/09 season.

And the worst?

Losing the league cup final 2-0 to them 2 years ago. Ouch.

That their ex-players actually stick up for them in the media, and hate Rangers.

I don't, and thats honest, we don't have much to fear, both teams are even enough. Except Rangers are better.

That there players are scum and that they dont play decent football against celtic and instead try to kick them off the field, and that the majority of there fans are ignorant and hypocrites

The 2-1 and 3-2 wins in 2008 that which made rangers throw away there title

And the worst?

Anytime that we dont win it is a bad moment

They have won the most league titles in the world, you have to be jealous of that

None, really they are all not great apart from wilson who looks promising but will leave, or has he already? They for some reason :P are getting rid of there good players boyd was a good player as was pedro mendes.

We are both Spurs fans and I go to every home match. Unless i'm unavailable.
So I agree with your OP.

RIVAL; RANGERS

I actually can't say that I do hate them. The only thing I hate is the whole "religious" background that both sets of fans bring in.

Oh wait, there is one thing; Kyle Lafferty.

Celtic 6 - 2 Rangers anyone? :D

And the worst?

3 months later when it was Rangers 5 - 1 Celtic :(

Their World Record and how they can just keep going.

Sasa Papac is one scary ****** :| He's what Baldé was to Celtic.

Can't stand those ******* geordies...

Their fans, and how deluded they are. They constantly try and build their team up, pretending they should be winning the league every year, even when they got relegated. They even think that they have a better history than Sunderland, completely forgetting the fact that we have won double the amount of First Division titles they have, and how they haven't won a title since 1909.

Personally, the 2-1 in 2008, with a Richardson free-kick. I also enjoyed the back-to-back wins on tyneside back in 99/00.

And the worst?

Losing 4-1 a few seasons back.

Don't know about admire, but I've always been a bit jealous of Shearer.

Joey Barton. Not for footballing reasons, just I don't wanna get mugged.

Rivals:

Would have to be Crystal Palace i guess, although Millwall deserve a mention due to their violent, brainless (not all of them to be fair) fans. also claiming not to see us as rivals and yet achieving their record attendance at the den last year to play us (smashing the attendence present to see liverpool) okay then...

What Do You Hate Most About Your Rivals:?

they constantly slag us off, and are always coming on our forums in their droves to spread trouble, and then they claim to not care about us. get real

oh, and Simon Jordan, but hes gone now

Your Best Derby Moment:

firstly, Dennis rommedahl in the last minute to secure a 1-0 win and selhurst
also the 2-2 at the valley to relegate them :)

Your Worst Derby Moment:

Generally had the upper hand in recent years, but the cup defeat at home was pretty embarassing.

What do you Secretly admire about your Rivals:

hard to find anything really :) i suppose the team spirit there is second to none, and thats what kept them up, through all the financial difficulties

Which Player do you Most Fear:

none of their players really strike fear into the my heart tbh. i guess ambrose, hes very limited but the pure fact he used to play for us almost guarentees him to score if they played us

just want to say this is all light hearted by the way, and actually really enjoy the rivalry and our derbies

Picked Everton over United as they're out local rivals.

The fans, so annoying. Hate it when Liverpool draw or lose because all you get in school is bitter blues walking past taking the ****. However when they lose there is always a reason why. Their fans are so bitter!

Also, Tim Cahill.

I have 2.

1. Couple of years ago sitting in the lower Bullens (Everton stand) at Goodison when we won 2-0 and Cahill got sent off. Torres got both goals and it was a great performance from Liverpool.

2. Bit longer ago, again at Goodison however I weren't there. Won 3-0, Owen got 2 and Kewell scored.

And the worst?

When they beat us 3-0 at Goodison, Reina made a couple of awful mistakes and we were outplayed, I was nearly crying after this game.

The manager, what Moyes has done on a shoestring budget is admirable. Also they don't have the best players in the league but when their main players are fit they are one of the best teams in the league.

Tim Cahill, absolutely hate him but he has popped up with a fair few important goals in derby matches.

Rivals:

What Do You Hate Most About Your Rivals:?

they constantly slag us off, and are always coming on our forums in their droves to spread trouble, and then they claim to not care about us. get real
Seriously, read my rivals, We list Scumwall and Brighton as our rivals, Charlton really don't figure....

I hate Sunderland, purely because every Newcastle fan hates Sunderland, and every Sunderland fan hate Newcastle. Will never forget the humiliating 2-1 defeat around 2002/2003.

Newcastle 4-1 Sunderland - HERE

This was such an important game for Newcastle in more than one way. Not only did we take the bragging rights with a bang, it was also the final game of Alan Shearer's career:'(. Goals from Chopra, Shearer, N'Zogbia and Luque won it for us, but it was spoiled by Shearer being stretchered off early. I think Luque became a bit of an icon after this game, even though he was diabolical in every other Toon game.

And the worst?

Newcastle 1-2 Sunderland.

Just losing to them is bad enough, but at home is painful. Apparently is one of the greatest games in Sunderland's history,, as it gave them back-to-back wins at St James.

Steve Bruce. A Geordie supporter, would have loved for him to take the reigns at the Toon, but now at Sunderland. Seems to find players from nowhere and turns them into real decent players.

There is a couple I like the look of.

Darren Bent. Lethal scorer on his day.

Jordan Henderson. Looks a real talent, would like him at St James

Martyn Waghorn. Again, top looking youngster.

It's just the fact that they're our closest and probably fiercest rivals. I find Harry Redknapp a brilliant manager but a cocky, Mourinho-wannabe type character.

A win in one season is equally as good as a win in the next. FA Cup Semi Final 2000-01, the 2-0 home win the same season, the 5-4 at WHL... the list goes on.

And the worst?

The 5-1 defeat in the League Cup - although not important - was truly embarrassing. Also the 2-1 defeat at ***** Hart Lane hurt, after the tremendous league record versus them.

Harry Redknapp has the tendency to do well at whichever club he manages. It's game on for the clubs now as both are in Europe, and I admire Redknapp for that. Oh, and the fact they've got several more English players than Arsenal.

Can't really say I 'fear' anyone on their team, but if I had to choose, I'd say Jermain Defoe as he's proved himself England quality in the season, and he's so deadly in front of goal on his day - clinical, composed and knows how to hit the net.

EDIT: ****, forgot Modric. Yeah, Modric.

Last edited:
As a Leeds fan, there's quite a few :P

Man Utd - ...I just really don't like them, or Fergie, or Cantona, or Ferdinand, or Smith. See a pattern rising? :P

Chelsea - I don't like it when Abramovich nearly picked us, or when they buy the league.

Millwall - New rivals, but some/most of their fans are ... idiotic to say the least.

I'll go for the recent 1-0 win over Man Utd, I know it didn't mean anything to Man Utd fans but by christ, I was drunk for 2 days.

And the worst?

Getting hammered over and over again when we were on the fall to administration, etc.

Man Utd - Fergie, top class manager.

Chelsea - Abramovich's bottomless pocket, well, I've seen a bigger one over at Man City :P

Millwall - Nothing. I hate them. LOL.

Man Utd - Rooney, Club-wise he's amazing.

Chelsea - Lamps, again, club-wise he's awesome.

Millwall - No-one, I just hate Neil Harris. Complete and utter...

What I hate the most about Arsenal

How Arsenal fans are extremely cocky, and think they are the best team, always putting other teams down, even though, they haven't won a trophy in 5 years and never a major trophy in Europe (Barring the Cup Winners Cup :S ).

How Arsenal have virtually no English players in the First Team, and no starters. Disgrace.

How Arsenal fans go on about their famed youth academy when all they do is take 16 year olds out of other academies and try to claim them as their own. Also, how Arsenal have a team of 'kids' yet the average age of the team is around 24 to 25.

They are extremely bad losers, especially the manager. Cannot take a defeat. Also, players like Gallas, are *****.

Your manager, is a paedo :P....and how he always whines and whinges about other teams and there dirty tackles, yet when an Arsenal player does something wrong its always "Ohhh I did not zee it".

Generally just being ****** :), and not letting Fabregas leave even though he is begging to...

Best Ever Derby Moments

Tottenham 4-4 Arsenal - Coming back from 4-2 down, David Bentleys jizzafied screamer, Clichy's slip which let Jenas is, and Lennons last minute equaliser :wub: and then the fan running on the pitch bundling him :P

Tottenham 5-1 Arsenal - 'Nuff said

Tottenham 2-1 Arsenal - Danny Rose screeeeaaamer :D, and just the first win in the prem in about 11 years :(

The Worst

Cant really think of the worst, but generally all the games where we led, we're comfortable and then crumbled as Henry scored and we ended up losing :S

What do I secretely admire

Not alot TBH. Probably how they buy there players for very little and make a lot of profit from them.

Player I fear the most

Van Persie....As shown when he came on in the 2-1 Victory of the bench, he hadn't played in 5 months but was scarily good :S Overhead kicks etc... but we're all prevented by Gomes (K)

I.Do.Not.Like.Arsenal (K)

Lets see

I hate Spurs because they have one good season and they think they are brilliant (well my friend does) and just because they are Spurs :P

Best Derby moment is whenever we beat them I suppose. :)

I admire Redknapp and the way they defied all odd's to get into the CL, not a lot of money, not a great reputation, and playing Chelsea, United and Arsenal all in the space of 10 days i think and still claiming enough points to continue their campaign.

Who I fear? Actually you have to respect a lot of the team, Defoe is a machine on his day, Crouch for his aerial 'ability' Bale because he pop's up when you least want him to and Modric because he is just Modric. I actually have a lot of respect for the player's and if it wasnt for the fact they played at WHL i might actually like them.

Ahhh, Liverpool Football Club

I mostly hate that they think they can easily beat in every derby, also they just go on and on about 5 times champions league winners, also about 20% of L'pool fans actually live in Merseyside!

Oh, and Jaimie Carragher, Fernando Torres, Steven Gerrard and most of all the horrible rat, Mascherano!

My best was of course Dan Gosling's 119th minute winner, in the FA Cup, I ended up about 10 rows further forward, it was the best moment in my life. The Lee Carsley winner will definately stay in my heart as it was such an important goal for the whole season. And no-one can forget the 3-0 drubbing that Andy Johnson and super Timmy Cahill scored in, ahh, "Reina drops keep falling on my head!"

And the worst?
Gotta be all the times Steven Gerrard scores at analfield. :'(

Well, for those 20% who live in Merseyside, they are really good fans, and JUSTICE FOR THE 96.

Steven Gerrard, the day he retires or leaves L'pool, I am going to sigh a huge sigh of relief, I hate him with a passion. :'(

I just hate Celtic plain and simple some off my best friends are Celtic fans but the club i just can't stand and have felt like this since i can remember

When we won 8 or 9 in a row at Celtic park was special also the first old firm game when Walter Smith returned as manager and the scottish cup final we won 3-2 with Peter Lovenkrands scoring 2 and Barry Ferguson scoring 1

And the worst?
2 seasons ago when hessilink (sp) scored in injury time

The fact that they can afford to spend millions on rubbish players

Samaras 's hair but in truth none

Last edited:

I despise Manchester United. Alex Ferguson's purple face, their success, the Manc people with their nasal drawl, Gary Neville, Roy Keane's disgusting pre-meditated foul on Haaland, the club's handling of the Munich Air Disaster, the hoardes of scummy plastic fans; glory supporters who've never been to Old Trafford in their lives, the way they claim monopoly on the nickname 'United', the press referring to them as 'United', the press chumming them out at every opportunity, the so-called Theatre of Dreams, the fact that they are from Lancashire, the colour red, Alan Smith, Eric Cantona, Wayne Rooney, their disgraceful 'Istanbul Reds' banner and taunts after two Leeds fans were killed by Galatasaray thugs, the way 'Fergie' is characterised as the best manager to ever have lived when in fact he's had bucketloads to spend on his teams.

If it's my "best ever", then I'm guessing I don't have to have been there, so:

#1 - The FA Cup Semi Final and Semi Final Replay in the 64-65 season. Supposedly where the rivalry originates from and it was Revie vs Busby. A brutal couple of matches in which Bremner scored in the last minute of the replay to secure a Leeds win.

#2 - Leeds 1-0 Man U in 2002; shame it was a Harry Kewell goal that won it, but a great achievement considering we were managed at the time by Terry Venables.

#3 - When little old Third Division Leeds beat them 1-0 in the FA Cup last season at Old Trafford.

And the worst?

Most games against them, pretty much.

Their style of football. No tippy-tappy BS like Barcenal and they have still managed to be successful.

Darren Fletcher, what a brute

RIVAL; RANGERS

I actually can't say that I do hate them. The only thing I hate is the whole "religious" background that both sets of fans bring in.

Oh wait, there is one thing; Kyle Lafferty.

Celtic 6 - 2 Rangers anyone? :D

And the worst?

3 months later when it was Rangers 5 - 1 Celtic :(

Their World Record and how they can just keep going.

Sasa Papac is one scary ****** :| He's what Baldé was to Celtic.

Sasa Papac :wub:

Back