Your views on Arsenal?

Where will Arsenal come this year in the Premier league?

• First

Votes: 9 18.8%
  • Second

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • Third

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • Fourth

Votes: 15 31.3%
  • Fifth

Votes: 4 8.3%
  • Lower than Fifth

Votes: 6 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
i massivly agree tht utd will suffer without ronaldo but as for utd not starting well in the league they have done this alot and still manage to win the league.
yh true, but tbh im so glad 2 see that diving cheat out of england

yh true, but tbh im so glad 2 see that diving cheat out of england

yer u say that but i dont mind drogba diving about. its a 2 way situation when a oppostion player dives agaisnt your team to win a match yes its the most frustrating thing in the world. but if one of my players do it i laff and find it class.

yer u say that but i dont mind drogba diving about. its a 2 way situation when a oppostion player dives agaisnt your team to win a match yes its the most frustrating thing in the world. but if one of my players do it i laff and find it class.
yeah i guess so. managers are like that. if someone on their team dives, they didn't see it. but if someone on the opposing team dives, they ****** saw it alright! lol. well, that's the case for wenger and definetely sir alex ferguson

yeah i guess so. managers are like that. if someone on their team dives, they didn't see it. but if someone on the opposing team dives, they ****** saw it alright! lol. well, that's the case for wenger and definetely sir alex ferguson

yer too true mate. the only fing that ****** me off about fergie is that whenever man utd loose he never does the press conference lol he always sends mike phelen.

I personally think Arsenal are gonna have some selection issues. With Rosicky back they now have 4 wingers in Rosicky, Walcott, Nasri and Arshavin. All 4 want to be and are good enough to be 1st string, It will be tough for wenger to pick 2. Nasri, Arshavin and Rosicky can play behind the strikers but I don't see Wenger moving Fabregas out of position under any circumstances. Walcott can play upfront but then that means they will have 5 forwards again with Van P, Bendtner, Eduardo and Vela none of which have hit 30 goals in 40 games like Adebayor. 5 is a ridiculous amount of forwards really. Also Wenger showed in 07/08, that he is not a fan of rotation when he totally kept Gilberto Silva and Diarra out of the team for Flamini and now not one of those players are at the club. Arsenals chances could come crashing down if they don't find a consistent goal scorer , an experienced anchorman and they need to hope and pray their defense holds without Toure. I predict 4th or 5th place for the Gunners.....and I'm done:)

I personally think Arsenal are gonna have some selection issues. With Rosicky back they now have 4 wingers in Rosicky, Walcott, Nasri and Arshavin. All 4 want to be and are good enough to be 1st string, It will be tough for wenger to pick 2. Nasri, Arshavin and Rosicky can play behind the strikers but I don't see Wenger moving Fabregas out of position under any circumstances. Walcott can play upfront but then that means they will have 5 forwards again with Van P, Bendtner, Eduardo and Vela none of which have hit 30 goals in 40 games like Adebayor. 5 is a ridiculous amount of forwards really. Also Wenger showed in 07/08, that he is not a fan of rotation when he totally kept Gilberto Silva and Diarra out of the team for Flamini and now not one of those players are at the club. Arsenals chances could come crashing down if they don't find a consistent goal scorer , an experienced anchorman and they need to hope and pray their defense holds without Toure. I predict 4th or 5th place for the Gunners.....and I'm done:)

nasri has a fractured leg and rosicky has an hamstring problem out for two weeks..nasri can play as an winger..but i feel his abiltiy are well more suited to his natural position attacking mid or center mid. I thought having a big squad is good? everybody knows arsenal have badluck due to injurys so anything can happen.

I think the arsenal squad should be -

Almunia
sagna vermaelen gallas clichy
walcott denilson fabregas arshavin
nasri(when back from injury)
van persie

playing as 451 which has worked in the past, aslong as the likes of fabregas, nasri(attacking mid), arshavin, walcott get up as much as possible to support van persie plus they need to get back aswell to help out denilson when they aint got the ball..if wenger buys a dm then he can replace denilson

then the likes of rosicky, eduardo, bendtner, song, diaby, wilshere, ramsey and others can come in when injurys start to creep in.

looks like a contender for the title if you tell me. if the lieks of arshavin, fabregas, gallas, van persie have mind blowing seasons as i slated above..

Last edited:
bad luck. more like a squad made of glass.

no way lol,

eduardo - broken leg
rosicky - in the past hamstring but somehow hes out for a year..
clichy - got injured just before we faced you lot in champions league..
fabregas - half way through the season he was out for 2 months...

and cba to go on.

Last edited:
I won't go into detail, but I predict 4th place.

They won't trouble Chelsea (who I think will finish 1st), Man Utd, or Liverpool, in my opinion, but I also don't think they themselves will be troubled by Man City, Everton, Aston Villa, and unfortunately... Tottenham.

Shock horror for some of you, but I'm predicting 5th place for Tottenham too, not Man City! *Gasp*

Arsenal for 4th place for me this year too guys, but dont write wenger of yet, give him 2 years with his "youngsters" an theyll be the Arsenal of old!! Eduardo to shine this season after his horriffic leg injury. look out for babel too keen as mustard on the training ground, surprise player for the season.

I think they will finish 3rd. I think United and Liverpool will battle it out again with Liverpool finishing on top. I think Chelsea will struggle I believe Zhirkov will struggle in the PL and without any other major signings trying to adapt to Ancelotti's Italian style play will be hard. Arsenal will take advantage of this.

I doubt that City will take a rise to greatness this year, they'll probably get into the Europa League, Hughesy'll get sacked and Arsenal will finish JUST inside the top 4 as usual. I can't see anything being different this year, City have got too many new players, their starting 11 this year is nothing like this time last year, the team needs time to gel and that wont happen if new lads keep coming in. Arsenal will be playing their kids in the cup and for some league games still, as wenger likes to blood the young lads at a young age so they mature earlier and become bigger, better players. Wengenr's policy on playing the younger lads seems to be going well, they've been top 4 for ages now and they've been playing the young'uns for ages too, so if it ain't broke don't fix it ay? Chelsea might catch 2nd this year, with Zhirkov in their side they'll be alot stronger and will have some strength on the left, strength that Malouda hasn't really been able to give consistently. Also with Ancelloti as gaffer this may turn things around for the team, maybe they can return to the dominant days like back when Mourinho was in charge, only time will tell. United might have a shock this year, they came down to earth on sunday when they faced chelsea and realised how much they miss Ronaldo and Tevez, they're lacking goal scoring ability up front, Fergie likes to give Rooney more of a shadow striker role, just sitting back and feeding balls into the area for Berba to run onto, and Berba doesn't seem to have his goalscoring head on at United and needs to sort himself out quickly. Liverpool may scrape 2nd again this year, but I think it will be much harder than last year. Without Alonso they have a big hole in their game, I've never seen this Aqualini lad play but I doubt he is as much of an all around great as Xabi. They may find a use for Andriy Voronin this year though after he proved himself as a goalsorer last year at Hertha, he could do well up front with Torres. Liverpool are also lacking power down the right, the best right winger they have (other than Stevie-G - who should be playing in the middle) is Dirk Kuyt and he is, in my opinion, an all out striker - not one of those strikers that you can stick on the wing or in Midfield as a backup. Aston Villa may get a shock this year too, City have had massive investments and have nicked Gaz Barry off them, which will no doubt cause damage to their chances of CL football. They are obviously missing the power in midfield now, regardless of bringing in Downing and Fabien Delph (who is really, really overrated). What Villa need is a little speedy central midfielder who can take the wings while Milner and Downing cut inside to help out Agbonlahor. Everton may put up a decent threat this year if they can keep hold of Lescott and keep all of their strikers fit. I've always rated Everton and seen them as 'Englands biggest small club' and I say that with no offense intended towards any Evertonians, I say it in a way which is totally respectful towards the club and it's fans. By 'Englands biggest small club' I mean that no one ever fancies Everton to put up a challenge and every year they do, Everton have shocked the Premiership a few times by pulling amazing trickery out of their pockets and with a good eye for a bargain (eg. Fellaini) they could pose a threat this year and maybe cut inside the top 4. Tottenham are another side who I believe could catch the Europa League this year if they tried, they made some amazing signings last year, bringing Keane and Defoe back and bringing in Wilson Palacios, not to mention that they've brought in Crouchy this summer and 2 young lads from Sheff U. I'm not sure how Redknapp has done what he has at Spurs, at the start of last season they looked certain for relegation after a terrible run under Juande Ramos, with Luka Modric and Dave Bentley looking to be massive flops and Harry turned it all around (other than the Bentley being a flop part :p) and keep Spurs up AND get them in the top half by the end of the season, I wouldn't be surprised if Spurs gatecrashed the Top 7 this year.
Sorry about that lads, I know this thread's meant to be just about Arsenal, but when I start I don't stop :) haha

i think arsenal will find it hard this season if man city bring in another top class defender and poss a midfielder they will prob get 4th or 3rd and with villa and everton being there i wouldent be suprised if arsenal finish 5th or even 6th

i don`t think its possible to rate were there finsh tbh if there injury free and the young guns take the chance theve been waiting for over the last few years then they could go all the way we have some amazing youngsters that made it to a major final a year or too back all be it the carling cup
and the point of playing the them and paying them is to one day give them there shot and this year it looks like its time for wiltshere,vela,bentner,gibbs,ect to step up to the plate and take there chances or move on! personally im excited by the prospect of this season and can`t wait we have a really tuff game away at everton today but we do well there normally and i would settle for a draw tbh ithink we will have to be stronger as a unit which we lacked last year with gallas n toure at each others throughts off the field n ade n bentner never got on did they so in my option the too players out of that 4 that have gone wouldn`t have been my choice ie toure n adebayor i would have liked to seen bentner n gallas go but do i know better than wenger no not at all so he must have his reasons, both the 25mill and 17mill from city is there come january if it all goes pair shaped so for me i`m 100% behind wenger but i want a trophy i wouldn`t be a true fan if i didn`t, i have voted arsenal to finsh 1st because i have faith it maybe miss led but thats my own option! one love one arsenal!^^)
p.s look out for chelmsford city n 10 years!

Arsenal will probably come 4th, but I hope they do better. I like Arsene Wenger and his trust in youth players. Arsenal just seem to have a lot more charm to a neutral than any of the other big 4, I wish them to win the league every season, but it just doesn't seem likely :(

Arsenal will ve dangerous this year but in the end think they not good enough...(H)

nasri has a fractured leg and rosicky has an hamstring problem out for two weeks..nasri can play as an winger..but i feel his abiltiy are well more suited to his natural position attacking mid or center mid. I thought having a big squad is good? everybody knows arsenal have badluck due to injurys so anything can happen.

I think the arsenal squad should be -

Almunia
sagna vermaelen gallas clichy
walcott denilson fabregas arshavin
nasri(when back from injury)
van persie

playing as 451 which has worked in the past, aslong as the likes of fabregas, nasri(attacking mid), arshavin, walcott get up as much as possible to support van persie plus they need to get back aswell to help out denilson when they aint got the ball..if wenger buys a dm then he can replace denilson

then the likes of rosicky, eduardo, bendtner, song, diaby, wilshere, ramsey and others can come in when injurys start to creep in.

looks like a contender for the title if you tell me. if the lieks of arshavin, fabregas, gallas, van persie have mind blowing seasons as i slated above..

I have to agree with gatid here, i think arsenal play much better in a 4-5-1 system.
Even with only 1 striker i think we wil be more thretening with the likes of arsharvin, rosisky, nasri. and walcott (all being naturally attack minded players i think we will have enough goin forward to trouble most defences.