It is also important to have youth coaches with high recruitment abilities, such as judging player potential and ability. If that is high, the coaches are more likely to recruit good regens.

In my game with Woking I got a regen with 4.5 stars potential, which would obviously only mean he would reach League1/2 level but I think that's the most potential i've had from someone from my youth system in any of my games.

when people say with the right tutoring and training, i can do the tutoring but how do you know how to do perfect training ? any tips because usually i just put individual training focus as the one that they are worst at and leave them :/

I've noticed two things which may help:

(1) If you get your u18's on pro contracts, they have more broad (covering more attributes) and much quicker (every month) improvements.

(2) In consecutive years, I've had two 2.5 star ST that I signed to pro contracts. The most recent one had a big jump in attributes in the first month after signing and the older one (gave him pro contract at 16, now he's 17/18, can't remember) now bounces between 3 and 3.5 star rating.

The younger one's value before pro contract was about 220k, after pro contract and a month of improved attributes was 300k. The older one was about 250k on youth contract and mid-way through his first full pro season, he's now valued at 825k. I have played him a fair bit, too, due to injuries and match congestion. He even scored the only goal in a win against Chelsea(!) in League Cup quarterfinal. He has 4 goals in all competitions and I'll be looking to unload him, hopefully for a tasty sum, although there were no takers at 775k in the January window.

BTW I'm Lincoln City playing in the Championship in 2019-2020. Good Training facilities, Excellent Youth facilities and Fairly Basic Youth Recruitment Network (can't upgrade until I get a higher reputation).

my solution is just to save before intake day and load. Frustrating and time-consuming.

It seems to be highly related to (surprise) the quality of the youth facilities. In my Dynamo Dresden save (german 3rd league) I pulled a 4,5 star 15 y.o. CD, a 4 star 15 y.o. CD, one 4 star and one 3 star GK and two 3,5 star 16 y.o. AMRs in the first pull. the rest is equally spread between 0,5 and 2,5 stars.

Youth facilities are at good level. In my other saves with Bellinzona (swiss) and Maastricht (dutch 2nd league) I also only pulled **** mostly, and the facilities were much worse.

I'm playing as Leeds United, and I'm in my 8th season, turned them into a side which is consistantly in the top 4 of the Prem now. Bought a couple of lads (a 16 y.o. Italian CB, and a 15 y.o. Bulgarian Striker) who cost me no more than a million for both of them. Could probably get £45m if I sold both of them now, to be honest. Wasn't until my 8th season that I got some decent players, and now I've got a GK, 2 LB's, and a promising young winger in the Under 18's.

Started a new save as Guiseley now, to see how far I can take them, and there's nothing whatsoever.

Related question... Is there that much difference playing your youth players in your u21/u19 team than first team somewhere else?? Or is it just "game time" that matters?? I always end up sending all my good'ns to average teams as regular first teamers, but I don't know whether to keep them in my youth squad and know they're not gonna get first team play.

Do they develop differently or is it just a matter of minutes on the pitch??

Its fairly realistic as recently most clubs dont develop many of their own players.
Barcelona being the exception.
I dont find the star ratings that accurate as i had a player in my blackpool save with 2 star pa, I kept him and tutoured him and after 4 years he was in the england team and top scorers in the premiership.
Dont rely on the scout reports mate.

the scout reports are based on the level of players at your own club. eg tom mooney (age 39 ST) is a 1/2 star for pompey, but at havant and waterlooville he a 5 star must buy

i sign u17s my self. just picked up jesus unzue from barca in my crawley save in BSP

I never sign a player on a free unless he comes on trial with me 1st. If he doesnt want a trial hes not worth signing.

Only use reports (esp with **** scouts) as a guide. you can see how good hes stats are, and whether he will fit into your team.

Just remember about the location, you're at Telford. The chances of getting very good regens are low due to Telford being in close proximity to the likes of Wolverhampton, Aston Villa & Birmingham and if there are any promising youngsters, chances are that they will be with them.

Be patient! It'll come...

It seems to be highly related to (surprise) the quality of the youth facilities. In my Dynamo Dresden save (german 3rd league) I pulled a 4,5 star 15 y.o. CD, a 4 star 15 y.o. CD, one 4 star and one 3 star GK and two 3,5 star 16 y.o. AMRs in the first pull. the rest is equally spread between 0,5 and 2,5 stars.

Youth facilities are at good level. In my other saves with Bellinzona (swiss) and Maastricht (dutch 2nd league) I also only pulled **** mostly, and the facilities were much worse.

I am currently playing with Dresden right now, he youth team won the youth leauge three time in a row, from the starting seasson

mate ive had a the top facilities on my game for decades and ive only had 1 player that was world class so dont worry about it

Is it just me, or do other teams always seem to have much better regens than the player - regardless of facilities?

I got a 4 star Brazilian left back named Pinga on my arsenal save. Already a starter :)

Also got a Liberian a striker with 4 stars the season before named Leon Kun who is also a starter.

I have great luck with regens I guess!

i did get once a 3 star pa regen, other than that, its either 2-2.5 or total **** teenagers.