coolmcool

Reaction score
Does anybody know if you can get your youth intake to look at certain positions? i.e in my Dinamo Zagreb save i dont play with wingers but get lots of wingers in the youth intake? Or am i just buggered just seems strange that we would bring in youth players to look at that we dont want?

It wouldn't be very realistic if you could control your youth intake...

so nope you can't.

It wouldn't be very realistic if you could control your youth intake...

so nope you can't.
I dont mean essentially to control it but generally the youth intake is the young players your youth coach has brought in to see if they are worth signing by now im in my 12th season with Dinamo and have played with DMC, 3 CM's and an AMC they would realise that bringing me wingers would be much good, i dont think you understand what i mean, im not saying why dont i get the best players im saying positions wise its stupid to get 5 or 6 wingers in a youth intake of say 14 that i will never use

I understand what you're saying mate.I don't think there's much you can do about it tho.I don't have that problem but I keep gettin my best youths in the same position.left back and dmc.Alittle bit strange but everytime it's for that position will be my strongest youth prospect each year

Same here i always get the best in striker , Cm, AMC & right backs.. i have dozens of them.. hence i cant even play without full backs.. guess i have to stick to a formation to suit them.. yes i sell a lot too but still get loads..
Now am forced to develop a tactic with 2 strikers that will accomodate full backs, AMC's. thats a burden you know.. only a weird formation will do that.. hehe :(

Same here i always get the best in striker , Cm, AMC & right backs.. i have dozens of them.. hence i cant even play without full backs.. guess i have to stick to a formation to suit them.. yes i sell a lot too but still get loads..
Now am forced to develop a tactic with 2 strikers that will accomodate full backs, AMC's. thats a burden you know.. only a weird formation will do that.. hehe :(

a narrow 4-4-2 diamond where you have a standard back 4, 1dm, 2cm's, 1am, and 2 st's?

a narrow 4-4-2 diamond where you have a standard back 4, 1dm, 2cm's, 1am, and 2 st's?

yeah i have considered that.. but seriously i have world class wingers too & i pretty much like playing with wingers in the attacking winger roles not the flat left & right midfielder.. so u see my dilemma @ times..

Your youth intake is randomly generated on the regen date. If your really unhappy with your intake, you could always save just before and reload until you get positions you're happy with. Of course that might be considered cheating...

Your youth intake is randomly generated on the regen date. If your really unhappy with your intake, you could always save just before and reload until you get positions you're happy with. Of course that might be considered cheating...

Definetly considered cheating! I have got many good players from the youth intake its just a little moan from me after it happened again as with Dinamo i rely on my youth intake a lot

I'm sorry but judging me by my place on here isn't very smart is it now? but what's the point in asking such a silly question when a simple solution would be to release them....

You can retrain them to a different position. You do have some control though. Your HOYD will have tactical preferences, hire one that likes a narrow formation, you'll eat less wingers.

Retrain is the best option to keep the best. A fast winger with shooting can play as striker, a good passing one can play as AMC and the ones with excellent crossing or positioning you can retrian them as WBs. In my save i have Bale as center mid with Wilshere and it rocks!

Retrain is the best option to keep the best. A fast winger with shooting can play as striker, a good passing one can play as AMC and the ones with excellent crossing or positioning you can retrian them as WBs. In my save i have Bale as center mid with Wilshere and it rocks!
Isn't retraining a waste of PA, though? I thought you should only retrain as a last resort if you can't find any other options?

You can retrain them to a different position. You do have some control though. Your HOYD will have tactical preferences, hire one that likes a narrow formation, you'll eat less wingers.

Thanks for that tip that was all i was asking for someone who knows what there talking about giving me a useful tip

Last edited:
I'm sorry but judging me by my place on here isn't very smart is it now? but what's the point in asking such a silly question when a simple solution would be to release them....
Actually it is, a member who is a modern day legend and another who is a star player gave useful answers you on the other hand sent in some pointless nonesense,:p

Actually it is, a member who is a modern day legend and another who is a star player gave useful answers you on the other hand sent in some pointless nonesense,:p

haha hilarious mate, it's only my opinion, if i play a specific way and don't get the players i want either you BUY the ones you want and then release the ones you don't use, isn't this a good way to reduce the wage bill or are you that unintelligent? although it's only a youth wage it doesn't matter.

haha hilarious mate, it's only my opinion, if i play a specific way and don't get the players i want either you BUY the ones you want and then release the ones you don't use, isn't this a good way to reduce the wage bill or are you that unintelligent? although it's only a youth wage it doesn't matter.
Why did i never think of buying players!?! Get over yourself mate life is too short for you to be a keyboard warrior all your life :p