Reaction score
Hey guys.

Has anyone gone through a youth intake since the new patch?

I'm playing with Bilbao, year 2018 and usually get strong (or at least normal) youth intakes with max facilities and recruitment etc etc.

This time, first intake since the patch, my intake only included 5 non-grey players. The regular non-grey players were ok, all 2, 2.5 or 3 stars...so not an amazing youth intake by any means, but also not the worst. In that respect, I suppose it was a perfectly normal intake. However the greyed players which made up the remainder of the intake were all 19-20 years old and awful.

I'm not complaining about a bad intake as such, clearly it wasn't terrible...it was just really strange, I've not seen that with the grey players before.

This IS a bug. If this carries on happening the game won't repopulate sufficiently and every team will be severely punished. You must report it in the SI bugs forum.

I've had the same thing happen to mein my save game, It's not ideal!

Posted on the thread as it's something thats bugging me.

It seems completely messed up as I've had 5 trash players in my second season and checking out what else came through in England shows similar stories at other clubs.

Whenever I have greyed out players... HOLY MOLY they are good... I don't why but their stats are incredible...

I've also added a complaint to the thread. Hope it's fixed soon. It's a major issue as it'll eventually kill your game if it ends up under populated. A patch is needed fast in this case.

Just went through my second intake since the patch and got a perfectly normal one, I even reloaded it three times to give it a decent test and it was normal every time.

Just went through my second intake since the patch and got a perfectly normal one, I even reloaded it three times to give it a decent test and it was normal every time.

same here.. maybe we are a few lucky ones.. even though my intake was utter rubbish.. i dont think i'll use any though unless they improve miraculously.. :p

Perhaps, but I don't understand why my first intake was weird and my second was normal!

I'm just approaching my intake, hopefully it's fixed now.

If I am on a save that I made before the update, will this problem still occur?

Is this not the same as it has been for a while now - the star rating for youth youth intake players are messed up and rubbish, but once you sign the one's with good attributes the report get's fixed? (So basically sign and players with decent attributes, and ignore the reports/stars until you have signed them)

i just had a new intake and only 5 were not greyed out that cant be right and the greyed out players were 19 to 20

Is this not the same as it has been for a while now - the star rating for youth youth intake players are messed up and rubbish, but once you sign the one's with good attributes the report get's fixed? (So basically sign and players with decent attributes, and ignore the reports/stars until you have signed them)

No that is fixed now. This is something else, as described in the original post

No that is fixed now. This is something else, as described in the original post

Ah okay, cheers. :)

Hope they fix this soon. I have just started an Athletic save but because I can only sign Basque players I really need a good youth intake :L