Reaction score
I know many previous posts have commented about finding "regan players" (future stars). but i wonder how many of these players have come through your youth system. IM playing with Arsenal, which have a very good youth policy set up, but the level of players coming though is not very high and never produce a top level regan player. has anyone ever produced one of these players from their youth set up

I have a wasome CB turned the best CB in the world and i was villa

Im Fulham and have top youth facilities but in 4 seasons have yet to produce any real quality regens. Most have regens rated at decent or fairly good player come through..one has potential to be a good player...

I am Chelsea in 3rd season. I improved youth set up immediately and hired back room staff with high attributes for Working with Youngsters & Judging Potential and I appear to have 2 Wonderkids in my ranks. 1 each season long may it continue.
But previous years no never had a class regen
****** need them too as Chelsea have no money after Season 1 & loads of wages and debt to pay!!!

your own clubs NEVER seem to produce quality players at all really! maybe 1 every 2 seasons or so.
but if you think about it, the players that are wonderkids that you find from certain clubs are probably the only one coming through the ranks at his club, does that same club have more than the one player you have found?? NOT REALLY. but i do agree that i for one have never had any awesome Wonderkid coming through my ranks, this is a problem that i have, it really ****** me offf!!!! hahha :p

its hard to continue with chelsea after first season:p. i bought lot of players so expanson of youth facilities was cancelled due to lack of funds:p. no wonderkids have ever come through my youth ranks in my games

scouts arnt allways right u haft to attually use them and make them good

your own clubs NEVER seem to produce quality players at all really! maybe 1 every 2 seasons or so.
but if you think about it, the players that are wonderkids that you find from certain clubs are probably the only one coming through the ranks at his club, does that same club have more than the one player you have found?? NOT REALLY. but i do agree that i for one have never had any awesome Wonderkid coming through my ranks, this is a problem that i have, it really ****** me offf!!!! hahha :p

so do you think it worth while having youth academy, maybe scarp it save some money. do you think it is realistic by not producing your own if you have a excellant youth set up in real life. FM is based on real life to a certain extent and i think this can be a major issue which needs thought for next issue of FM

you need to have the best youth facilities "if and when you find" these wonderkids, you will need to put them in that set up yes to get the most out of them, but what i dont think is the thing is if you have a "state of the art" youth academy, this does not necessarily mean that you wil produce "wonderkids" mine never do or did really, you do neeed the best youth academy to faciliate the growth and potential of these wonderkids you will bring to the club though.

I was like 6th he was best player in the world because every one esle was **** and old then the hole file went dogey

you need to have the best youth facilities "if and when you find" these wonderkids, you will need to put them in that set up yes to get the most out of them, but what i dont think is the thing is if you have a "state of the art" youth academy, this does not necessarily mean that you wil produce "wonderkids" mine never do or did really, you do neeed the best youth academy to faciliate the growth and potential of these wonderkids you will bring to the club though.

I understand and appericiate your response. im not saying that just because i have one of the best youth facilities it means that i produce wonderkids every year. But all im saying is that there is no balance. i have been playing all the versions of FM and in all my time i havent produced a "wonderkid". i know i can find and place them in my youth setup, but it dosent feel the same "as my own"

I understand and appericiate your response. im not saying that just because i have one of the best youth facilities it means that i produce wonderkids every year. But all im saying is that there is no balance. i have been playing all the versions of FM and in all my time i havent produced a "wonderkid". i know i can find and place them in my youth setup, but it dosent feel the same "as my own"
yeah i know, thats exactly how i feel too, thats what i was implying earlier. never happens with me!

They're potential ability doesn't always reflect the level they'll reach.

For instance, a 16 year old could be predicted to be a good Premier League player when he is 16/17 but when he is 19/20 he could be predicted to become a leading Premier League player. Works the other way as well.

its hard to continue with chelsea after first season:p. i bought lot of players so expanson of youth facilities was cancelled due to lack of funds:p. no wonderkids have ever come through my youth ranks in my games

shock 1st year eith chelsea, and no funds. what have you been doing with your money. have you been buying shares in HSBC.

---------- Post added at 02:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:02 PM ----------

They're potential ability doesn't always reflect the level they'll reach.

For instance, a 16 year old could be predicted to be a good Premier League player when he is 16/17 but when he is 19/20 he could be predicted to become a leading Premier League player. Works the other way as well.

understand, but do you also think that if you had better level of coaches, who understand the level of traing they will recieve, they can give you more reliable predictions

Abramovich takes 2.5m a month as loan repayment.
Add that to 2m a week wages and you haemorrhage cash quicker than Ray Parlour post divorce.
I was £80m in debt at the end of the year.
Still less than HSBC...

crystal palace always seem to come up with the goods on my games

shock 1st year eith chelsea, and no funds. what have you been doing with your money. have you been buying shares in HSBC.

---------- Post added at 02:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:02 PM ----------

understand, but do you also think that if you had better level of coaches, who understand the level of traing they will recieve, they can give you more reliable predictions

i spent all my money on new players and i didnt sell any players so the balance of chelsea is in minus:mad:

That's not the point. Even if your assistant had 20 in judging potential and ability, the player could still exceed their original predictions, or, of course, not reach the level they thought he would.

If you have really good youth coaches then the player will more likely be a better player. That's why when I'm a bigger team I always have 6 youth coaches and 6 first team coaches who are experts in at least one of the outfield attributes - tactics, ball control, etc.