TZER

Reaction score
Hey,

I'm just wondering if I'm the only one finding it unrealistic and surreal that the game actually allows 15-20 year olds to actually demand wages in excess of 130,00-150,000 Euro/month? Sure it's on a "hot prospect" status, but most of the time when I try to change it they refuse to take it. ****, I've even seen them demand these kinds of wages on a backup/rotation basis. They're young and haven't even started their **** careers yet!

This has been happening to me more frequently the further into my saves I get and I honestly hope this is something they fix/address in their upcoming sequel. Anyone else finding this to be an issue?

This basically means that they don't want to join your club.

this only happens with regens, what season are you in?

just offer them a contract that you think is fair, click non negotiable and if they don't like it then move on and get someone else :)

im at the 2027 mark and the worst case of this for me was a 20 year old wanting 50k but he was worth it, usually i find the younger i get a player the less he'll want later on, players i've bought in at 27/8 all want like 200k where as my own youngings wen they reach 27/8 are around 80-120k

OAR!

you could give them the contract they want... and end up like Lol_101's gamesave. :D

Sure I could just not sign them due to this, but that would mean that I'd basically get no players. It's getting stupid, because most youngsters want these kind of wages. Guess I just have to live with it, but yeah personally I find it being an issue.

OAR!

you could give them the contract they want... and end up like Lol_101's gamesave. :D

heye heye hey...

atleast some of them are playing well and as expected. :)
well one of them did come at teh age of 17, and the player wanted a 10k wage, and he likes arsenal too.
seem alot but hey, in the end, he's been playing week in and week out, and now a top player for me.

and tbh, i dont give them silly wages blindily , but some of them came like in big numbers, i forget even what am i doing. :)

Actually it's not just youngsters I've noticed, just had a guy in my reserves (loaned regularly to get citizenship) demand an insane wage-hike to stay in my reserves. Going from 17,000 p/m to 250,000 p/m and then also demand an apperance fee of 25k is ****** up to me. Even worse is that he's not even that good yet, not even average!

Can't they at least ask for wages etc. that make COMMON SENSE? Some of my first 11 don't get wages that high! I really hope this is something they've taken a look at in 2012..

What team are you? What's your wage budget? I've noticed that players will demand silly wages when the wage budget is high. On a save where I used FMRTE to give myself ridiculous amounts of money, standard players where asking huge amounts of money because I had money.

Well I'm currently managing Man City, but the fact remain that I have waaay better players in my squad that have much lower wages than this less than average guy is asking. I just find it incredibly stupid, this guy asks for more than 10x wage increase for sitting in my reserves?! :/

You're not alone. My right winger Valenca (regen, 37 goals in 50 apps) demanded a 150k p/w contract after ONE good season. Sold him for £33m to Valencia. He's now swimming around in wads of cash on 180k p/w.

Greedy ******.

Last edited:
I Hate Fish, this guy hasn't even played ONE single game in my team yet. He's been out on loans to get citizenship for 3 years. I can live with weird referee decisions and players running with the ball off the field. But this is seriously ****** up..

Dayum. XD

Just tell him **** like "You have enough time on your current deal blah blah" and if he continues to persist, then just sell the ******.

Only sad part about that is that it would seem I can't keep most of my players then. It would seem Man City is destined to get screwed in the wage department due to their chairman. I'm only a few seasons into my save and these wages are only getting higher and higher.

just f*cking sell him. if he playes game,a dn does perform well, then give him the right wages. defo the scale should change over time, and together with the ambitiousness.

I just did, however I've got a bunch of players now who's contracts will run out in 1 year and they all want insane wage increases. Most of them are in my reserve squad though. Guess I'll just have to switch club as soon as I can.

I just hope I won't have the same problem at the club i switch to.

im in 2013/2014 on my man city, and im starting to find this as well, not that mental, but regens at 15/16/17 wanting 20k a week. erm, no.

Yeah I'm a few years ahead of you, but at this point I'd have to drop half my team. They want 5x-10x wage increase, I just can't agree to that. I mean I know there's pretty much unlimited funds, but I want some matter of control of this.. yeah I'm gonna swap team once this contract is out.

I just did, however I've got a bunch of players now who's contracts will run out in 1 year and they all want insane wage increases. Most of them are in my reserve squad though. Guess I'll just have to switch club as soon as I can.

I just hope I won't have the same problem at the club i switch to.

btw, what team are u managing.

imo, at some point u cant let a ur best player earn like low for his whole life sometimes. that in a big club perspective.

I think I've mentioned what Club I'm managing in the thread twice, it's Man City.

Well of course larger clubs will have higher wages and transfer fees, due to the quality of the players you bring in and have in your team. But when a semi-**** player (with lots of potential though) in my reserves want 10x the money just to stay in my reserves, well that's just ridiculous. Not to mention that he's asking for more money than some of my best players, it's not realistic and it's like the game doesn't take their stature and their position within the team into account at all.

Anyways, guess I'll just have to swap to another team. Perhaps one with quite a bit of debt.