Zamora 'deserves England chance'

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 53
  • Views Views 2K
If there is a surprise it will be adam johnson imo

oh yeah completely forgot bout adam johnson however we have enough speedy wingers walcott,lennon,wright phillips,joe cole,james milner,downing hiz good but doubt he will go. or it could actually be zamora. It's odd how fabio hasn't even commented on Zamora. he s playing week in week out and is on form could be a surprise package but i still have major doubts

Adam Johnson is better than stewart downing, hes been our most consistent player recently, i would take him on the left, not to play, as an impact player

yes but zamora cant score goals against good opposition i think he scored most of his goals againt poor oposition in the bottom half. I wonder when the last time he scoreda against top 4 opposition ?

Didn't he just score tonight, against the current German champions?

CAPELLO'S OPTIONS: Striker goal/games ratios for 2009-10 season
J Defoe: 17/21 (81%)
W Rooney: 14/25 (56%)
D Bent: 10/18 (56%)
B Zamora: 9/21 (43%)
G Agbonlahor: 9/23 (39%)
C Cole: 7/19 (37%)
P Crouch: 8/22 (36%)
M Owen: 7/22 (32%)
E Heskey: 3/22 (14%)

Difference between Fulham and Villa was one place last season, 6th and 7th, they are out of Europe but are doing better in the League. They just have more fans than us and more money.
I really don't get what that table is showing.oO) Rooney has more than 14 goals?oO)

sorry if this is just me being stupid or something?

But Dunc CJ posted that 4 months ago a lot of things change in football in 4 months.

THIS THREAD WAS POSTED IN DECEMBER

I really don't get what that table is showing.oO) Rooney has more than 14 goals?oO)

This thread was from december. hence the table was from december

But Dunc CJ posted that 4 months ago a lot of things change in football in 4 months.

oh yeah.

well.. I didn't bring it up.. ;)

CJ posted that 4 months ago a lot of things change in football in 4 months.

I lol'd so hard.

Bobby has been in great form for a little while now, i say take him as a surprise option. And to reddevilz, Kevin Davies plays for Bolton XD

Last edited:
isn't that wot i sed he'll be a sub for england

---------- Post added at 04:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:10 AM ----------

oh **** i remember sam allardice and a guy called davies so i assumed blackburn as allardice managed blackburn didn't he? sorry don't follow bolton or blackburn

The role Zamora is vying for isn't that of a goal scoring nature. So any goal stats. that are thrown around are pretty much redundant.

If he was brought into the squad he would be as a target man for Rooney to play off. A job Heskey does extremely well, he is a master of disrupting the back four and holding the ball up, as silly as it sounds Heskey will be one of the key men this summer, in my eyes, if he doesn't do his job then Rooney won't have the time and space to be able to play.

But back to Zamora, I thought his performance tonight was pretty much faultless and he he proved to me for the first time (I haven't watched him much) that he could push Heskey for that role. He doesn't just seem to barge people over like Heskey, he muscles the defenders off the ball with finesse, and conceded very few fouls due to his technique.

Yeah, sorry didn't check when the thread was made.:$

I woulldn't mind him in the squad Tbh, he's better than Heskey. Rooney, Defoe,Crouch,Zamora,C Cole - my ranking of 'em. I'm not overly bothered, as long as Downing dosen't go really :D

How often does Crouch or Heskey score against top opposition, Zamora is the same type of player and has scored more goals this season, he is also getting game time unlike the other two, Capello has always said that he wants a big man upfront.

zamora should have been given an opportunity, agreed.
however i cannot see zamora, heskey or crouch ever becoming quality international players

Capello will take a big striker so at least one of Carlton Cole, Peter Crouch, Emile Heskey or Bobby Zamora will be included in the squad. From first choice, I would like to think I would choose Zamora but I'd go for Carlton Cole.

I'm sorry but the 3 points I have marked underlined there are complete madness. Have you not seen Crouch's record for England?!?!?!?!?!!??!!?!?

Last edited:
Crouch has a great record for England,and for clubs too. It'd be harsh on him not to go,if i were him i'd get ****** and probably just retire :D

anyone but Heskey. The man is overrated. Bobby would be a better target man because besides the pushing and shoving he can actually play football and score. LOL. Heskey is just a brute

england should take. rooney,crouch,zamora and defoe as their strikers.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArEzqMeWFAg"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArEzqMeWFAg[/ame]

That goal is class !

Back