Zamora 'deserves England chance'

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 53
  • Views Views 2K
Bobby is the best target man available to England, although his ability to actually score may be looked on unfavourably by some... (Capello, Heskey... seriously?)

I've never seen him in an England shirt, thats actually depressing because of how much of a legend he is, and thats coming from a City fan.

He won't get a chance this World Cup its a bit too late for him,
Think about it if they take Zamora over Heskey/Crouch and England do terrible fingers will be pointed
But if he goes with the tried and tested nobody can complain.
Plus Crouchy's England scoring record speaks for itself regardless of the opposition.

He won't get a chance this World Cup its a bit too late for him,
Think about it if they take Zamora over Heskey/Crouch and England do terrible fingers will be pointed
But if he goes with the tried and tested nobody can complain.
Plus Crouchy's England scoring record speaks for itself regardless of the opposition.

I would rather take Gordon Brown than Heskey to the WC to be honest.

Rooney is indespensable, we know that. Crouch is there on his international goals, Defoe or Bent on League Goals, and either Heskey, Cole or Zamora as the "Big Man". Now of those 3, who's proven themselves most worthy of the spot? Europa League MVP of course.

Whats Heskey got that Zamora hasn't? :S

Heskey's awful. Bobby's goooooooood. :)

I'd like to think Bobby will go but he won't, Capello has tried and tested the Rooney Heskey partnership and is has worked well for England in all of them, he won't change this, Zamora's only chance of going is if Don Fabio takes 5 strikers which would mean that Bent, C Cole and Zamora would be fighting for that 5th spot, I assume Capello will take Rooney, Heskey, Defoe and Crouch.

I wish he wouldnt take heskey, id rather take lee hughes XD

Can I just ask. All you Heskey Haters out there, Where you this critical when he was running Crotia ragged, Say what you like but he was a beast in that game, or did you all just watch Walcott shine and forgot about the 10 other heros we had that night. How about when he bullied the Germans about in Munich. Or his Memorable Match Aginst argentina in 2002 and then again when we played them a few years later. He may not score many goals for england, He may not look the most attractive. But when England Needs him. He rarely Doesnt Show Up. He is a player that England needs, Rooney Looks better next to him. He brings the best out of top quality Players, he did for Owen and now he is doing it for Rooney. If you ever here Rooney, Gerrard, Owen any of our Big stars talk, they all say the same thing. He is a top class player, they are also lifted when playing alongside him.

So for me. Heskey is a Must.

Heskey has barely played for Villa this season, and hasn't done much when he has. All Heskey can do is make Rooney look even better.

Can I just ask. All you Heskey Haters out there, Where you this critical when he was running Crotia ragged, Say what you like but he was a beast in that game, or did you all just watch Walcott shine and forgot about the 10 other heros we had that night. How about when he bullied the Germans about in Munich. Or his Memorable Match Aginst argentina in 2002 and then again when we played them a few years later. He may not score many goals for england, He may not look the most attractive. But when England Needs him. He rarely Doesnt Show Up. He is a player that England needs, Rooney Looks better next to him. He brings the best out of top quality Players, he did for Owen and now he is doing it for Rooney. If you ever here Rooney, Gerrard, Owen any of our Big stars talk, they all say the same thing. He is a top class player, they are also lifted when playing alongside him.

So for me. Heskey is a Must.

Hes slow, and he hasn't exactly come up against any GREAT defenders in the modern day, i think we need to limit the older players and take some younger ones for the energry etc, for example Joe Hart, i'd love to have him.

Anyway, this is a debate about Zamora, and if you asked about 90% of EPL followers, they'd say Zamora is better. If Heskey can't even get in the first team for his sqaud, i don't want him in my England team thankyouverymuch.

Hes slow, and he hasn't exactly come up against any GREAT defenders in the modern day, i think we need to limit the older players and take some younger ones for the energry etc, for example Joe Hart, i'd love to have him.

Anyway, this is a debate about Zamora, and if you asked about 90% of EPL followers, they'd say Zamora is better. If Heskey can't even get in the first team for his sqaud, i don't want him in my England team thankyouverymuch.

Please tell me the great defender thing was a joke, Just please tell me. The Mans played in a european competition for liverpool. He played and scored goals against top Premiership defenders all his career. he played 50 odd times for england, including nations like german, Argentina, Brazil Italy and Spain, Is Maldini, Canavro, Lucio Not great modern Day defenders.

Back