Welcome!

FM Base has been serving the Football Manager community for nearly two decades and we're keen to ensure that we are here for two decades more.

Become a part of our community today, and you'll quickly realise that the Football Manager community is the best community.

Register
Reaction score
Right, I dont really need DC I guess, but I want to strengthen it especially since my 10.5M pound bid for Otamendi and 5M pound bid for Zapata has been accepted. I mean, it's a bargain (for Zapata anyway). But If I want to buy those 2, I have to sell either Agger or Skrtel. Even if I sell them, I dont think it can balance the budget as I only get like 20% of the transfer fee :mad:.

So my choice is really between Zapata and Otamendi. Otamendi is Liga Zon Sagres Central Defender of The Year, a year younger and has better stats than Zapata. So tempting. And I want to get him for ages in FM10 and never did coz his club want 20Mpound. The problem is, he is twice the fee of Zapata and I need to spend my 40M budget wisely on AML, AMR, Backup ST, Backup GK. Note that I need first team players at AML and AMR so it will be costly. Might have to spend 15M on AML, 10.5M on AMR, 10M on ST, 5M on GK. I dont have the time to think. Both of transfers just need confirmation now and I did stalled it for a week. Please help. And sorry for the double topic, but this is different matters.

Reaction score
i got otamendi in my city team and hes a beast as said above, would deffo recommend him.

Reaction score
You mean Otamendi is the worst of those 4????
Na just put him there oO).

Yes, Otamendi is the worst of them imo. He is always **** for me and the other three have always been good.

Reaction score
i got otamendi in my city team and hes a beast as said above, would deffo recommend him.
How about for Liverpool? If more recommend him, then I will buy him.

---------- Post added at 09:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:14 PM ----------

Yes, Otamendi is the worst of them imo. He is always **** for me and the other three have always been good.
You play as Liverpool?

Reaction score

like i say , maybe you fail to play. not him ;)

Luis Suarez!
Reaction score
Agger > Otamendi > Skrtel > Zapata for me, Otamendi is a beast on my Liverpool save!

Reaction score
Of those 4 i think Otamendi is the best.
Only had him on fm 2010 and he was a beast.

Reaction score
£10.5M for Otamendi?
You are in heaven son. Cost me £21M from Porto in my LFC save. Sell Agger (class but INJ prone). Skrtel kept on making too many errors.

I sold them 2 and replaced with Sakho and Otamendi as my 2 CB. Gone 9 games without conceding including 2-0 over Utd and 0-6 AT Juventus.

Staff member
Reaction score
Zapata > Otamendi > ... > Agger > Skrtel > Vanjagl

Reaction score
I bought both Otamendi and Zapata lol since I got Van Nistroy on free transfer..that means I dont have to spend big on a striker. I'll worry about replacing Van Nistroy who's in 1 year contract next season...oO) I'll sell the the defenders next season, when I can identify who's better and of course it also depends on who's unhappy first :p

DMF

@dmf180593
Reaction score
Zapata > Otamendi > Agger > Skrtel

Skrtel is definitely the worst defender in that list, however Otamendi will be the most difficult to sign as he's just signed for Porto.