Zarate could stay at Birmingham

I like McFadden, I rate him quite a bit. Can strike a ball, can beat a man, can cross a ball, can take a free kick. Are these not all important attributes of a winger? I think he's looked great whenever I've managed to catch him.

Kris i think your been a little unfair on mcfadden, he works his socks off and everything that happens when he has the ball is good, forssell is very grateful of all the work mcfadden does for him and has said openly, he is a great team player and does the spectacular now and again, i would much rather have him than zarate who is ball greedy and cant pass to save his life, does more bad than good. You havent seen mcfadden in a full blues game except maybe arsenal which he did great in. He didnt get a fair crack at everton never given a good run in the team, you must have something against him because your the only one that seems to think he is ****

You have got to me joking me. Zarate does more bad than good? Are you a birmingham fan? Bit of generalisation so i hope i dont offend anyone but this is the problem with English footballing mentality. A bloke that works hard is apparently better than a bloke that can beat the odd player, technically gifted. I gather there has been a transition at the grass roots level especially after the failure to qualify for euros.

Anyways i don't know how many games Zarate has started i think its only about 3 games and i'm pretty sure he has been best on park for birmingham for at least two of the three. Mccleish already has said he hopes to keep him, If you don't want him ill take him at Leeds....:D

I would say mcfadden is as gifted as zarate, its not just work rate he has the ability to make things happen but he can also pass the ball to a team mate, how many times have you seen zarate for a full game in a blues shirt? He is so frustrating plenty of times players have found space but he has lost the ball trying to do too much, he is a good player and he will get better and start to pass but at the moment we need people like mcfadden because were not man u, we dont have a good defence and with ridgewell the butterfly watcher we cant afford to be just giving the ball away as easy as he does.

Do you even watch McFadden play? he makes f all happen ever!!!

just because he hit a dead ball past Arsenal dont make him a good player

So if he makes nothing happen how does he have 4 goals and 3 assists in 8 apperances? Luck? Mcfadden is a good player and for some reason you seem to hold something against him i dont know what he has done but he is a good player and everytime he gets the ball st.andrews is on there feet expecting something to happen, alot of everton fans on the bbc 606 are really sad that he has left as they thought he is a great player too, they all say the same thing he didnt get a decent run in the team he was always in and out, but he still has 12 goals to his name this season which aint bad. We have really missed him in our last 3 games especially against wigan and reading away.

Ive actually watched several Birmingham games lately of the purpose of watching Zarate (since January) who i can tell you now will be a better footballer than McFadden is if he isn't already. Yes i agree his game involves beating players and at times he does do a bit too much but i can honestly say majority of what Birmingham have created in the games Zarate have started have been through him. Even in the 2-0 nill lost to Wigan he made the best chance of the game for Birmingham by beating a player few players and hitting a nice shot. Anyways like ive said Mcfadden is a good footballer but i totally disagree with the statement "does more bad than good."

i dont recall saying that i just dont think he is a premiership footballer. Brum boy you talk ****, always have so i cannot take any arguement you make seriously.

i dont recall saying that i just dont think he is a premiership footballer. Brum boy you talk ****, always have so i cannot take any arguement you make seriously.

Nah mate wasn't referring to yourself was aimed at Brum Boy.... i understand what you were saying Kris on Mcfadden and i pretty much agree. I suppose the reason i'm backing Zarate so much was cause i saw him at u20s with Argentina and he was pretty phenomenal - Argentina won with a bunch of midgets on the field (a team that had Insua of Liverpool, Aguero of Atletico Madrid, Di Maria of Benfica, Ever Banega of Valencia etc). I also guess you don't earn a 20million dollar move albeit to the Gulf if your not any good.

Last edited:
In the rumour mill on bbc it says West Ham are willling to make an 18 million dollar bid for Zarate.

Now i have said it you will notice that Mcfadden just runs himself into trouble and in a way i can see why Brum Boy likes him as he is better than the **** they have like Forsell and Gary mcsheffrey but Zarate i cannot really say as i have not seen enough of him

IMO McFadden is a decent player at best. Yes he has the odd good game, like against us, but most of the time he's un-noticeable in the B'ham matches I have watched. Birmingham fans expect too much from an average player. Zarate on the other hand has skill, vision, and he's still very young so can improve a **** of a lot, I think in 3-5 years we'll be seeing Zarate in the Argentina 1st team.

Apart from the sunderland game, fadders hasnt had a bad game in a blues shirt and as his stats show he has done more than michael owen in the last 8 games nufc, owen is average at best. Ah yes living dragon you must be refering two the one shot he had in the game against wigan when forssell was free on the right and mcsheffery was all alone on the left instead prefering to shoot and get no where which was not our best chance but thats all match of day and goals on sunday decided to show you. He is not half the player you are making him out to be (at the moment) he may well be in a couple of years time but not just yet. He is better on the bench coming on with 20minutes left because he is an impact player he drifts in and out of the games, he loses possesion far to easy and as kris said our players are **** so we cant afford to give it away as easy as he does. He is better suited for a team near the top but is no where near worth 15-20m which is been talked about, plus david tight **** sullvan will never spend that type of money so his stay with us will be a short one.

i watched the game condensed down to an hour and that was your best chance.....and havent even watched MOTD.

BBC SPORT
I'm happy in Birmingham - Zarate

On-loan Birmingham City striker Mauro Zarate says he is very happy at the club and would like a permanent move.

The 21-year-old Argentine is on loan until the end of the season from Qatar club Al-Sadd but has made a big impact since he joined Blues in January.

"My first choice would be to stay with Birmingham. I do not want to go back to Qatar," Zarate told BBC WM.

"I just have to wait until June to see but I really want to stay here. I want to make an impact in England."

Zarate scored two goals in Birmingham's important win over Manchester City and he has become a favourite with the home crowd.

And he says playing in front of them is proving a bit special.

"I was very happy against Manchester City. When the manager took me off and the fans were singing my name I was very, very happy with that."

"My target when I came here was to have an impact in England and I'm doing that.

"I'm happy in Birmingham."

Blues boss Alex McLeish would like to make Zarate's move permanent but is not sure the club could afford the £10m asking price that has been reported.

He said: "If the chairman [David Gold] or David Sullivan decided to spend that kind of money we would be looking for the finished article.

"We certainly won't be spending that in the foreseeable future, but time will tell. He's a great kid to have around."

Whether Zarate ends up staying or not, McLeish is sure more players of the Argentine's quality need to be brought to St Andrews.

"I've got a dossier on a few players in the world who would enhance our team. If we can target players like Zarate then we can take the club forward and won't be battling relegation each year."

Zarate's agent Christian Otero said: "Al-Sadd want more than they paid for Mauro but another loan deal might be possible.

"We haven't set any date for any talks yet but I hope we can reach an agreement and speak soon.

"Mauro has captured the attention of other clubs as people can see he will be a top, top player. His performance against Manchester City last weekend is the normal sort of level for him."

Birmingham City's trip to Wigan on Saturday is live on BBC WM 95.6FM

Story from BBC SPORT:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/sport2/hi/football/teams/b/birmingham_city/7327908.stm

Published: 2008/04/03 16:48:32 GMT

© BBC MMVIII

Brum Boy i think we will have to agree to disagree on this one...

Brum Boy, number 1 I never once said Owen wasn't average at best, even though he is much better than McFadden :cool: and 2, where the hel you getting your stats from, cos I've just checked and McFadden has got 4 goals in the last 8 matches, with Owen scoring 5 in the last 8

calling Owen average proves my point that you talk ****

nufc i was refering to assists etc too, owen has to be one of the most overated forwards in england, but anyway back to the thread zarate has had one good game which was man city and everyone thinks he is awesome and has suddendly forgot the stick he was getting the games before then. He also got a bit of stick on saturday at wigan because of his playing for himself type of game. All i said was i would prefer mcfadden in the team to zarate and its turned into this big argument. Zarate would be more suited to the spanish league with all the diving they do over there, he already has a rep of diving over here in his 7 apperances or so and has already been booked, he just isnt the type of player we need in a relegation battle, most of our fans would rather have de ridder in the team but for some reason mcleish isnt giving him a look in.

Thats because he is a ******. Good motivator but signs the wrong players.

****** is a little harsh and david murphy is a great signing for 1.5m especially at this money crazed time. But some of his subs drive me crazy