Zul's MUFC v2.1 tactic - have a go at it and let me know

3rd Season starting now. Won the league and FA both seasons. Liverpool knocked be out in the semi finals in the euro cup last season. My attack for the new season will be FC - Aguero & Tevez. AMC - Rooney & Rossi.

Both Tevez and Rooney needed a season to get comfortable with the positions. Ill report back to you with Aguero and Rossi.

I offered Aston Villa 30+ for Hamsik, but they turned down. Im using Moutinho and Palombo in the midfield, just sold Carrick to Newcastle for 14+.

One of my favorite players are Hamsik, where would you put him? My belive is LM.
Cheers
I normally buy Hamsik every time I start a new game and I have always played him as a CM. Works for me.

I normally buy him aswell, he is one of the best MC's. And I was curious how he would do with this tactics... Oh well, guess I'll have to brake the bank, since Villa aint letting him go before i talk to the chairman :eek:)

Aguero scored 3 goals in 3 games sofar in the ST position. Curious to see how well he actually can do there. Wanted Vagner Love, but he always ends up in City if you aint fast enuff.

---------- Post added at 10:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:49 PM ----------

Vagner Love is the man you need for the ST position. Loaded my old game from the start to test him out, and he made 8 goals in 3 matches.

---------- Post added at 11:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 PM ----------

And I ment MCL ;)

Time to revive this thread... Any news on the tactic? Good? Bad? Any suggestions to improve it? I truly hope it works out well for you as it has for me.

Im currently making a new tactic, based on the 433 formation. Will post it when the tactic is ready, it's kinda very raw now.

I will try this....i try all the tactics in the world the striker dont score!!!!:S
I did a good tactic but had to restart my laptop...lost it for ever try to do it again and nothing...this game is doing my head...

I can make the striker score! I give time, retrain....tried every tactic...
I love this game but is to much(9.3)....i want to trash the oposition...exemple in the 9.0 ronaldo scores 50 goal a season as a winger 9.1 40 goals i think i got him left winger scoring like 100 in 60 something games, 9.2goals 30, 9.3 10 at the most...its a game a good one but is a game, i spend more time googleing for tactics then playing, my machine is not soo fast but i did some programing soo runs a bit fasther...best trainning and coaches and players in the game and results nothing.Time to gel,didnt buy to many players to keep the moral...i use your tactic and tweak it for the corners score, more goal from corners vidic 25 goal! more then all the strikers together. i check arsenal and the striker is scoring... i'm playing MU if my striker dont score why other can and dont tell me gel and bla bla bla, free kicks 2 or 3 goal a season when you have 18 19 free kicks taker...all the goalkeepers look like casilhas...30 shots to goal 15 on target and you will lose 1 -0 when they go 1 time to goal and with akinfeev or ochoa or any other fantastic goalkeepers. Manchester City is very annoying!just in the game!(dont have any thing against them)I'm Benfica SLB) they buy 20 players a season...Its good for my finances 35 millions maybe 40 for Berba.;). But i'm not happy with the f...strikers.:S is it just me?!vagner love 50 games 10 goals 2 season after spending 1 season gelling...come on...i'm not saying 50 games 50 goals but 25 goals in 50games...I'm out of ideas.
Sorry. thank you for reading.
Good games.

Can anyone tell me if it would work quite well for my manchester city because i want to start a new 1 with man city because they have all the money in the world so i am not tempted to cheat and if there is any player you would recomend me signin it will also help i will be doing the 9.0.2 update not the 9.0.3 because i hear you can get bojan for free in the second season

Cheers

Last edited:
Can anyone tell me if it would work quite well for my manchester city because i want to start a new 1 with man city because they have all the money in the world so i am not tempted to cheat and if there is any player you would recomend me signin it will also help i will be doing the 9.0.2 update not the 9.0.3 because i hear you can get bojan for free in the second season

Cheers

It will work with any team, so long you have the right player for the position and give the team time to gel. Read up the Guido guide that I linked in the first post, it helped me a lot in getting the players I need.

You are right there, with Man City, you shouldn't have to resort to cheating(not that you ever need to anyways), but they need a major overhaul in the team to make them good, i think. I want the team to win and win in style!.. Try going for Bolzoni, Senna and Moutinho to bolster your midfield. Vagner Love as your TM would be good. Vargas, Santon or Srna (or all) as your full backs. A better keeper.. Akinfeev is awesome. Good wingers(only SWP is good enough to me in the Man City team..)

But, of course the tactic isn't foolproof, i managed to tweak it a little here and there. Like, I set my wingers as the targetmen when teams are playing with DMCs to help ease the pressure on the middle of the pitch, and I tend to have more attempts on goal. and if the pitch is short and will be cramp on the center of the pitch, this would help too!

And.. if you did manage to fine-tune tactic even more(or have any feedback), then feel free to post. I love to 'foolproof' this tactic.

(This game never cease to amaze me.. There are finer details to everything!)

how much did you pay for karim benzema and how many goals did he finish with if u brought him the season before ?

how much did you pay for karim benzema and how many goals did he finish with if u brought him the season before ?

I bought for 38million pounds(cash+installments). I don't quite understand your second question, so I added this screenshot. Hope it answers it!

You told me to try and sign Vagner Love but i am not doing 9.3.0 i am doing 9.2.0 so i have 59,000,000 mil left and i want a striker who can gaurentee goals i have tried all of these in other profiles
Pogrebynak , Aguero , Gomis.
So if you could tell me which strikers to sign and a few centre backs and this is my current team the tactic has helped me win 7 games in a row but none of the goals came from the strikers so i would recomend the tactic to anyone 8-|
This is my current team so any improvements will help
--------------Mandanda---------------
Onhua---R.Dunne----Richards---Garrido
Srna----Veloso------Moutinho-That russian wing back Zuri ?
Robinho
?????????

You told me to try and sign Vagner Love but i am not doing 9.3.0 i am doing 9.2.0 so i have 59,000,000 mil left and i want a striker who can gaurentee goals i have tried all of these in other profiles
Pogrebynak , Aguero , Gomis.
So if you could tell me which strikers to sign and a few centre backs and this is my current team the tactic has helped me win 7 games in a row but none of the goals came from the strikers so i would recomend the tactic to anyone 8-|
This is my current team so any improvements will help
--------------Mandanda---------------
Onhua---R.Dunne----Richards---Garrido
Srna----Veloso------Moutinho-That russian wing back Zuri ?
Robinho
?????????

hmm.. 9.2 eh?? I believe Aguero will do the job nicely. I tend to look for strikers that have a high att in off the ball, composure, acc and pace and of course finishing. So, yeah, Aguero would do well there.

Another thing, the setting for Long shots are tied to the players attribute. The 'default' setting is set to mixed, but this is only for players with a min 14 in att in long shots. Anything lower than that, I would set it to rarely.

Now i have tried 9.3.0 this version is my favorite this is my team so far i have won every match so far

----------------------------Akinfeev------------------------------
Rafinha/?-------Richards/?----------------Sakho/?-------Guardado/?
------------------------------------------------------------------
Quagliarella/?-----Veloso/Ireland-----Moutinho/Kompany---Buonanotte/Fernandez
-----------------------------------------------------------------
------------Robinho/?----------------------------------------------
-------------------------------Vagner Love?---------------------

If you think i have cheated i haven't i will pay most of the clubs monthly!
And it would be nice if you could tell me who to replace the ? with
Thanks

---------- Post added at 03:26 PM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 09:28 PM ----------

For some reason Vagner Love is not scoring he has only hit the net 4 times in 9 as for robinho he has hit the nett 11 in 9 HELP!

Last edited:
Now i have tried 9.3.0 this version is my favorite this is my team so far i have won every match so far

----------------------------Akinfeev------------------------------
Rafinha/?-------Richards/?----------------Sakho/?-------Guardado/?
------------------------------------------------------------------
Quagliarella/?-----Veloso/Ireland-----Moutinho/Kompany---Buonanotte/Fernandez
-----------------------------------------------------------------
------------Robinho/?----------------------------------------------
-------------------------------Vagner Love?---------------------

If you think i have cheated i haven't i will pay most of the clubs monthly!
And it would be nice if you could tell me who to replace the ? with
Thanks

---------- Post added at 03:26 PM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 09:28 PM ----------

For some reason Vagner Love is not scoring he has only hit the net 4 times in 9 as for robinho he has hit the nett 11 in 9 HELP!

Relax.. Ideally, the TM should have move into channels, likes to break offside trap under his preferred moves. Try training him on those.

Another thing you can do relieve some pressure on the TM is to set the TMs to be your wingers. This combined with a wide field, will give Vagner spaces to move into. I've been trying this out on my game with Benzema as my TM and he has been scoring more often than in previous season.

One thing I see in your line-up, you should play Guardado as your winger instead and get a good left back. Vargas? Guardado is the bomb in the left winger/midfield role. He plays for Arsenal in my game as he just tears down the flank everytime against me.

Zul's MUFC v2.4 tactic

I added another version(v2.4) of the tactic after some tweaking and it is under moderation now in the tactic section. (but Im attaching it here for immediate downloading..)

V2.2 and v2.3 weren't as good, so i won't bother posting it. I usually set Old Trafford to it max allowed and this v2.4 is tailored for that. It works best on those long and wide fields.

One change you should make for this version is to set your TMs to your wingers and with the team instruction for width set to full wide, it fully utilise the width of the field, pulling players wide and easing some pressure on the central players(helps to counter those playing with DMCs).

Try it out and let me know if it works for you too.

Cheers!