zyndar

Reaction score

Welcome to my tactic lounge of 1 striker formations!

Since in FM16 I tested tons of tactics instead of playing the game, I decided that in FM17 it will be different, I will play more careers and test must less number of tactics. Considering this I am opening this thread only for formations with 1 striker. Please note that training and team management parts are general and should be applied to all tactics.

Training

General training is Fittness - High in the first 2 weeks of pre season and then Team Cohesion - High until the end of August, Balanced - Medium afterwards. Match preparation (bar fully on the left) is Match Tactics until it gets fully fluid, defensive positioning afterwards (set the bar 2 ticks from the left).

Team management

You are the manager, so this is definitely one of your tasks: manage your team! This part of the game is extremely important and cannot be ignored. Creating a good tactic is one thing, a good starting point. Buying/developing better players is also key. But as time goes by, the morale of your squad might be dropping due to various reasons or you will simply face a drop in performance, since no team in the world is able to win all the matches. You have to react to these situations properly in order to make them happier/keep the morale high or to cut short the time of the downturn.

2374898-20161101-ZRS8va.png

Team talks

I don't like to complicate things in this area, but I always do it by myself. Actually let the overall team talk done by your assistant, but after that you should do the positional team talk:

Before the match

- Home always assertively: I have faith...

- Away calmly or assertively: I have faith...

Half time

- If leading: assertivevely/calmly: don't get complacent... - never praise them! You might see some negative reactions, but don't care about it.

- If it's a draw or losing: assertively/calmly: show me something else...or similar

Full time

- If won than praise them
- If drew or lost then assertively chew them out

During the match

- Encouraging players is always a good idea, so if they are not playing confidently, use this shout
- If you do not have the lead after the 1st half, tell them assertively/calmly to demand more or push forward
- If you have the lead than for the last 20 minutes tell them to concentrate

Team meetings

You can use these events for 2 reasons: if the team is performing good or bad. Let's consider you are using a good tactic. How to determine if your team is performing good or bad? If you are with Bayern München and other team is leading the league after 10 matches, you are definitely on a bad run or doing something wrong. If you are managing Burnley and you are fightning for the Europa League places then you are doing the right thing. My advice is to hold team meetings once every month and praise or warn them about their form. You can track when the meetings were held by clicking your profile -> My History -> Conversation history.

Praising players

When your player have an average match rating above 7.60 for the last 5 games, you can interact with them and say they recent from is good. Only avoid to praise more then 4 players at the same time (obviously if you are on a winning streak and more then 4 players are red hot, then only praise the best 4) and do not praise the same player in the same month again.

Bad streak - change the training

It is absolutely normal that at some point the results will be worse for some matches and you will see that after a good run you got 2 defeats and 3 draws. Does this mean that the tactic is ****? Definitely not. You have to take care of the situation and my advice is that you should change the match training to teamwork and general training to tactics for 2 weeks then change back the previous setting.

Most important player attributes - it applies for all tactics. If any other requirement should be met, it will be listed in the notes of the relevant tactic.

Download the filters here ==> Player search filters

The basic value for the most important player attributes is set to 13, but you should definitely modify it based on the level of the league you are in. If there are too few players matching the filter who are interested in joining your team, you should set the matching rules to 5/7 or 6/8 etc.

NOTES

- Corners are to be taken by the best corner taker
- Follow the rules of the training
- The striker is the most important player in this tactic. If he is on fire, you will succeed. You should have 2 strikers of the same quality to rotate

TEST RESULTS WITH SOUTHAMPTON

LEVIATHAN V5

2444863-20170115-MgbM3w.png

View attachment 110004View attachment 110064

Notes

Corners are taken by the best corner taker

Last edited:
I liked your fm16 tactics a lot. Going to give this a try for sure!

Best tactic ever! Joy to watch how your team is playing.

just wanted to tell you that your tactic works really good. im playing with arsenal, i know they got a good team but they are my favorite team and i just started playing fm so im not good at creating tactics. i won 4 matches, 17 goals scored and only 2 conceded and thats because i played with a lot of youth players against west ham.

hope you keep up the good work!

just wanted to ask if you could try and create a 343 like conte is playing with chelsea right now, love the italian league :D

going to try with cagliari
Zyndar which kind of player you search for CM attack from you filters CM or AP?

just wanted to tell you that your tactic works really good. im playing with arsenal, i know they got a good team but they are my favorite team and i just started playing fm so im not good at creating tactics. i won 4 matches, 17 goals scored and only 2 conceded and thats because i played with a lot of youth players against west ham.

hope you keep up the good work!

just wanted to ask if you could try and create a 343 like conte is playing with chelsea right now, love the italian league :D

Well the 3-4-3 is not something in my favour, so there is a good chance that I won't create such tactic :) Maybe you should check the 3-4-3 from Mr. Langvatn

going to try with cagliari
Zyndar which kind of player you search for CM attack from you filters CM or AP?

Search for CM.

Wow, I am playing with a similar tactic, same mentality, almost same roles, same passing style (direct TI and short PI). I have a box-to-box instead of the support CM and a DM (s). Works very good and your tactic seems to do it very well. Keep it up!

Against some very good opponents (i am playing with a weak club) I close down at 'normal' with outside players (wingers and back to close down more). So I have closing down more (against equal opposition teams), normal closing down (when I am the underdog) and defensive mentality with close down much more (when far underdog). Maybe something for you to test!

Oh, and no closing down at OI to DMC, DMCR, DMCL. Also worth a test!

Last edited:
Wow, I am playing with a similar tactic, same mentality, almost same roles, same passing style (direct TI and short PI). I have a box-to-box instead of the support CM. Works very good and your tactic seems to do it very well. Keep it up!

Against some very good opponents (i am playing with a weak club) I close down at 'normal' with outside players (wingers and back to close down more). So I have closing down more (against equal opposition teams), normal closing down (when I am the underdog) and defensive mentality with close down much more (when far underdog). Maybe something for you to test!

Oh, and no closing down at OI to DMC, DMCR, DMCL. Also worth a test!

Whats your tactic called Christian? Big fan of your tactics.

enjoyed your tactics last year, so gave this a go in my Toronto Fc guinea pig save despite my idiosyncrasy for lone strikers on support duty... well my striker responded decently with two hat-tricks in two games, while I also had to answer questions about my team conceding 0 shots in a game XD

my striker has the 'tries to beat offside' PPM so it's interesting that this seems more dangerous on a DLF than a Poacher.

I've used inverted foot players at IF's and box-to-box type of midfielders at CM and worked well. I tend to have a few great AMC type of playmakers though so will try to slot them at CM/a despite their average work rate and positioning.

Very promising tactic!

Whats your tactic called Christian? Big fan of your tactics.
I won't publish it as it looks ridiculously (?) similar to this one. I selected less TI's and PI's and I used the tweaks in my post above. If you want you can add these instructions. But I think that this tactic, the original one, will do good Gary!

Working Well

This tactic worked well for my mid-table Estoril side in the Portuguese top division.

Introduced this tactic during the Christmas break to my 9th placed side and had a very solid second half of the season, finishing 6th and just outside the Euro Cup spots.

Highlight was a 2-1 away victory at Benfica with Joker Defensive.

I would probably have done better without a run of injuries picked up during March which cost me a couple of victories. That had more to do with my weak kneed squad rather than the tactic. :p

Christian no one would accuse you or Zyndar of copying tactics, so i would share your one.

Christian no one would accuse you or Zyndar of copying tactics, so i would share your one.
Well, there are quite some differences, yes. But I haven't seen someone who did use the same passing style: direct at TI and shirt at PI. Works really nice and I just don't want anyone to accuse me. That's why I just tell the differences in my and Zyndar tactics, without sharing.

But I think Zyndar's tactic is working really well, so i don't think my tactic is needed! ;)

- Keep it simple at PI. I don't use instructions like 'keep it width' or 'runn onto flanks', etc.
- Keep it simple at TI. I don't want to bepredictable to my opposition.
- Use three tactics for different opposition: close down more, close down normal/standard and defensive mentality with close down more.
- I use instead of the CM (s) a B2B player and I use a DM (role) on support.

That's it, let's get it ontopic to Zynar tactic! ;)

Well, there are quite some differences, yes. But I haven't seen someone who did use the same passing style: direct at TI and shirt at PI. Works really nice and I just don't want anyone to accuse me. That's why I just tell the differences in my and Zyndar tactics, without sharing.

But I think Zyndar's tactic is working really well, so i don't think my tactic is needed! ;)

- Keep it simple at PI. I don't use instructions like 'keep it width' or 'runn onto flanks', etc.
- Keep it simple at TI. I don't want to bepredictable to my opposition.
- Use three tactics for different opposition: close down more, close down normal/standard and defensive mentality with close down more.
- I use instead of the CM (s) a B2B player and I use a DM (role) on support.

That's it, let's get it ontopic to Zynar tactic! ;)

I would love to see your tactic Koen,either here or in a separate topic! But it's up to you my friend.

I would love to see your tactic Koen,either here or in a separate topic! But it's up to you my friend.
Could be a bit awkward, because I do not have a Tactic Testing League. I just play FM for my own fun with creating my own tactics. And sometimes I have something that turns out great, but could be rubbish for someone else's career. I think you have tested your tactic further so I would be more confident about your tactic. ;)

But, due to a pretty similar one, this could produce yours and mine tactic: Almere City, no transfers, first two seasons. Yes, some draws and losses, but please look through statistics and results. The play is beautiful, even with a very poor squad. Both leagues we had the lowest predictions in the end ranking. Yes, as a very low ranked team you will get some spaces because the opposition thinks the can overload you, but even in 3rd season - when the opposition knows about your play and intentions - the start is great!

View attachment 119643 View attachment 119642 View attachment 119641

Formation
(TI are for all three tactics the same, except from mentality and closing down style. See earlier post for details)

View attachment 119638 View attachment 119637

I will see how it goes in the Champions League and than I might publish something. Or maybe something with Zyndar involved. I am a bit curious and unsure about putting tactics online these days, without a proper tactic testing league. I like to share my thoughts, specially for your tactics Zyndar which are a pleasure to the FM community!

Last edited:
kamil vacek is a very good player, one of the best in the at the momenet in real life

I've tested a lot of tactics on this forum and I must say "Joker" is easily the best so far.