• Replies Replies 594
  • Views Views 27K

Will there be any Cup Upsets

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think 4-0 was harsh on us.

Definitely, we deserved a goal or two but no they had to have a beast in goal.

Weird seeing Walcott in a Newcastle shirt, thought it was Routledge for a split second.

Seeing him at Brentford last year, he's like Neo from the Matrix with those saves he makes. His agility and reflexes are mad, a future star? Certainly. Even Wenger said it, but he needs to be patient.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brPWeQIc4Eo"]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/ame]

Quality for us !

At least villa have been brought to extra time like us so it will be even on the weekend

Bare in mind it was out reserve team and we were missing some quality players like Tiote, Nolan, Ameobi, Enrique, Coloccini, Harper, Simpson and for most of the match we were missing Carroll, Barton and Jonas.

Arsenal played a pretty strong side, I'm happy with the performance, not the result. We were unlucky not to score.

2157: BREAKING NEWCASTLE NEWS
The club have released a statement on the back of speculation surrounding Chris Hughton's future, reading: "Chris is our manager and will remain our manager. It's our intention to renegotiate his contract at the end of the year."

2157: BREAKING NEWCASTLE NEWS
The club have released a statement on the back of speculation surrounding Chris Hughton's future, reading: "Chris is our manager and will remain our manager. It's our intention to renegotiate his contract at the end of the year."
Not exactly the biggest backing you will get, would have to say he is up against it.

Newcastle would be incredibly stupid to sack Chris. He was and is doing a great job.

Newcastle would be incredibly stupid to sack Chris. He was and is doing a great job.

It hurts to say it, but I agree with you. 9th in the Prem and have held their own against many bigger sides, even beating Chelsea, it's hardly a bad season so far.

Ohh Friedel save! CUELLAR OFF THE LINE! Friedel's been a wall today!

Full time. Aston Villa 2-1 Burnley

Last edited:
I don't get all this speculation surrounding Hughton. I know the media loves to make up bullshit about Newcastle but this is even more unfounded than they usually go for. He's worked very well with limited resources, got us back into the premiership and forged a team out of what was left when the mercenaries fled. We've been playing far above what you'd expect from a freshly promoted team and were it not for a few shocking decisions could be a good few places higher, but we're still 9th.

Sorry, am i missing something?

Why would they want to sack him anyway?

they're newcastle. enough said

Shepherd/Hall are gone and have been gone for nearly 3 years now, taking their knee jerk reactions and frank stupidity with them. Mike Ashley, and I never thought I'd end up defending him, has only sacked one manager and that was Allardyce.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back