• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 594
  • Views Views 27K

Will there be any Cup Upsets

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Reds boss told MUTV: "We have a big complement of players here, and Fabio, Gibson, Kiko, Obertan, Bebe, Evans and Smalling will all be involved against Wolves.

I hope Wolves beat them, I'd love it if none of the big 4 were left in at the Quarter-Final stage.

Mon the Wolves, Brentford and Burnley tonight and tomorrow

---------- Post added at 05:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:33 PM ----------

Tonights Team News from BBC

Birmingham boss Alex McLeish has included 17-year-old Akwasi Asante in his squad after he scored five goals for their youth team 10 days ago. Craig Gardner is back after suspension, but Stuart Parnaby and Martin Jiranek are out.
Brentford will give a late fitness test to Charlie MacDonald after he was taken off after an hour against Peterborough due to illness.
On-loan Reading goalkeeper Ben Hamer is cup-tied, so Richard Lee deputises.

Ipswich back-up goalkeeper Brian Murphy started Town's three previous League Cup ties and may again get the nod ahead of Marton Fulop. Teenage striker Connor Wickham could start his first game for over a month, but on-loan duo Jake Livermore and Jack Colback are both ineligible.
Northampton have failed in their bid to overturn John Johnson's suspension after he was sent off at Oxford.
Fellow defender Dean Beckwith is already banned for the trip to Suffolk.

Leicester manager Sven-Goran Eriksson may use the Carling Cup to test the strength of the squad he has inherited. Conrad Logan, Miguel Victor and Yuki Abe are among several fringe players hoping to impress their new boss.
West Brom will be unable to call upon the services of Jonas Olsson or Marc-Antoine Fortune after they were both injured in Saturday's win over Fulham.
Leading scorer Peter Odemwingie is again sidelined so Roman Bednar and Simon *** could be paired up front.

Manchester United will field a largely second-string XI, with Michael Owen expected to lead the line. Mexican Javier Hernandez may be rested after his match-winning exploits at Stoke City on Sunday.
Wolves midfielder Stephen Hunt may have another run-out after making his debut from the bench at Chelsea following eight months out with a foot injury.
Goalkeeper Wayne Hennessey and Serbian midfielder Nenad Milijas are likely to be given a further chance to shine

Wigan manager Roberto Martinez has to be decide to whether to restore Ali Al-Habsi in goal or continue with Chris Kirkland, who played against Bolton. James McCarthy is out for 10 weeks and Tom Cleverley is ineligible, but Steve Gohouri could return.
Swansea have been dealt a blow as Wales defender Ashley Williams is set to miss the trip after suffering concussion in Saturday's 2-0 win over Leicester City.
But Middlesbrough have allowed Swansea to play on-loan striker Marvin Emnes.

Line up:

Amos

Brown
Evans
Smalling
Fabio

Gibson
Carick
Park

Obertan
Macheda
Bebe

Subs: Kuz, Morrison, Neville, Chicharito, Rafael, Brady, Eikrem

I love this Evans Smalling pair. Will get to know how they cope up. After all they are the future. And also obertan and Bebe. Happy with the libe up. But Owen not starting is very harsh on him. Hope Eikrem gets some time on pitch, same to Ravel morrison.

lol @ Amos

makes me more hopefull of a wolves win :P

i could swear Owen was supposed to have an injury? or recovering from one? I'm still annoyed that our reserve/academy striker Will Keane isn't on the bench.. he#s supposed to be one for the future!

i could swear Owen was supposed to have an injury? or recovering from one? I'm still annoyed that our reserve/academy striker Will Keane isn't on the bench.. he#s supposed to be one for the future!

Not even close to first team. Last season he was academy player, this season he has made a step up to reserves. He is at least 1-2 seasons away from first team action. Eikrem is the one from reserves who should be getting mins.

Watch out for Ravel Morrison if gets any mins, excellent technique he has.

lol @ Amos

makes me more hopefull of a wolves win :P

You lot should be last one to laugh at GKs. Flapianski and Lolmunia gives you no freedom to laugh at anyone XD

And how many times have you watched Amos play? or just that FM doesnt rate him, you made up your mind that he is ****?

---------- Post added at 06:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:44 PM ----------

yeah i've heard good things about young ravel

Yes, i have read a lot about his attitude problems, now he looked as if he has sorted it out. He is trusted even to play as CM in reserves. That tells how much he has improved tactically.

I have read some Mancity ex player or someone said Ravel Morrison is the most technically gifted youngster in England. That says a lot when many like Wilshire, Josh are making noises.

You lot should be last one to laugh at GKs. Flapianski and Lolmunia gives you no freedom to laugh at anyone XD

And how many times have you watched Amos play? or just that FM doesnt rate him, you made up your mind that he is ****?

---------- Post added at 06:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:44 PM ----------

Yes, i have read a lot about his attitude problems, now he looked as if he has sorted it out. He is trusted even to play as CM in reserves. That tells how much he has improved tactically.

I have read some Mancity ex player or someone said Ravel Morrison is the most technically gifted youngster in England. That says a lot when many like Wilshire, Josh are making noises.

never heard him before

Brian Marwood, Manchester City’s football administrator, has been put in charge of cultivating Man City next set of stars (possibly a new Rooney as they can’t have the current one!) at their Platt Lane academy and in the Telegraph today whilst discussing youth development at City, Henry Winter stated,
Probably the most gifted teenager in the country is Ravel Morrison at Manchester United.
That’s a pretty big statement to make especially if you consider the players who are in that bracket and the experience they have compared to Morrison, who has only played at reserve level for United but Marwood agreed adding:
“I signed him at Nike at 15. I know the baggage there. United will work hard to get him back into line. A lot of other clubs give up on that side and indulge him because he’s a talented footballer.’’

---------- Post added at 06:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:49 PM ----------

never heard him before

Lol, liked your honesty. :D

Anyone got a manchester united stream

Northampton have taken the lead! My prediction is on it's way!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back