10 Players You Must Break The Bank To Buy

hitsman

Reaction score
I say 10, but maybe it's 11, and some of them are cheap :)

In accordance to Betfair, the top 10 players you must buy are the following in no particular order.

1) David Beckham (MR,C) (L.A Galaxy) - Yes, he's getting on a bit, but he does really play like a world class player for a couple of seasons. Assists aplenty with this guy and for a free signing at the beginning of 2009, you can't go wrong. In my game, he ends up going to Burnley, so come on.

2) Diego Renan (D/WB R,L) (Cruzerio) - Will turn into one of the best left-backs in the game, with a huge amount of potential. At only 19, he has what it takes to be world class and with the right team, he will be. At just 3.5M, he looks a bargain, but there is no way you are going to pick him up for that, unless you know how to haggle. Has a £15.25M release clause, but I guarantee it will be worth it.

3) Igor Akinfeev (GK) (CSKA Moscow) - Every team needs a world class keeper. What better than a guy who ends up unhappy by the end of the first season. "Feels that he needs to leave to further his career" to be exact. So cough up the money and buy him, he'll make the difference between a draw and a win, and that's the most important thing. Moscow won't give in easy though so I'm saying £10-15M should shift him.

4) Steven Jovetic (AML,C, FC) (Fiorentina) - I don't think this guy needs an introduction. He is an absolute legend on the left wing. Forget Ronaldo on the right, at 19, this guy is great even before he matures. Buy him, buy him, buy him. Even if he will probably cost £20-30M.

5) Nicolas Otamendi (DC) (Velez) - This guy just needs to blossom and he will be as good as Ferdinand. Rio, of course. At a bargain price of £2-5M, you can get him on the cheap and nurture him for that world class potential he possesses.

6) Edin Dzeko (FC) (Wolfsburg) - Talk about striker. If you're looking for one, look no further than Dzeko, the goalscoring fanatic. He is a perfect targetman, and is heading ability is top notch. Only 23, and already he can fire 30+ goals. But he will make a dent in your account at around a £20M bid.

7) Mario Balotelli (AMR,L, ST) (Inter) - A fine fine player, will grow to be one of the best. A great finisher and a brilliant player to bring in others around him on the wing. If you do manage to sign him though, tell me how you did because Inter will not let him leave for more than £30-40M.

8) Miguel Veloso (DM, MC) (Sporting CP) - The defensive guy every team needs. Arsenal had Vieira, Chelsea Mikel, Liverpool Alonso and Man Utd Keane. This player will match all of them. He has great potential and the ability to win balls with excellent tackles. Works great for top teams. Will cost quite a bit though around £15M.

9) Marek Hamsik (AMC) (Napoli) - One of the greatest growers in the game with the ability to play just like a Lampard or a Gerrard, scoring in double figures per season. Hamsik can play just behind the strikers and is a definite must-buy, playing for a decent club isn't good enough for this guy. Buy him immediately, for roughly £21M for the 22 year old.

10) Youann Gourcuff (AMR,C) (Bordeaux) - A great player, can score goals from distance and has the ability to dribble. Gourcuff plays similarly to Hasmik, so having both will destroy any opposition. £24.5M for the 23 year old and your team is going places.

11) You can't leave Sergio Aguero out, but for him you'll have to wait a whole season before you can buy anyone else. The Athletico Madrid Striker costs well over £40M but he will be sensational if you can prise him away.

Good luck with the game and I hope you enjoy it! :)

EDIT: After looking into the Akinfeev matter, CSKA Moscow do not allow him to leave unless it's about £27.5M, but if you wait a couple of seasons, due to his unhappiness, the value of him decreases.
And just especially for you Mike, I'll add that 'M' in Veloso's price-tag that I forgot ;)

Last edited:
i agree 100% with the likes of aguero,dzeko and hamsik out there.

aguero really tough to buy. i mean,the highest i'm offering to Atletico was 35 milion or something. luckily i bought Bojan. he's really good. and has lot of potential. not to mention his determination to be a world class striker.

check out Asenjo,Ignacio Camacho and Javi Martinez. Viva La espana...

Camacho = God.

You hardly have to break the bank for Beckham & Renan mate but it's a good guide, well in :)

diego renan is class, but every time i have to go for his release clause of 15.25m, its killing me...beckham you can get on a free alot of the time...those players quality, but of course there are more, but they are probs the best 10, maybe...don't really think beckham is worth it tho, but he's good for a lower team

Marco Verratti. Get him early and cheap. I ended up having to pay £30m for him

Good guide. Thanks for this and I can see why Beckham may break the bank for a Lower Premier League or good Championship side. Wants quite a lot of cash a week. :(

This is a good guide but players who are more unknown would be better but I'll take nothing away from the effort in making that guide

is it really possible to get akinfeev for that much??

A signed Beckham for Real Madrid on a free. So far 18 games played, he gt 12 assist and 2 goals, quite decent. I have to agree with Gourcuff, he is a top class player playing for my Man Utd he netted 17 goals, 18 assist in 23 apps. But i would prefer u guys breaking ur banks to sign david villa if u really want a goal scoring machine, he scored 32 goals for me in 25 apps with a couple of assist. However, is Igor Akinfeev weak in the air? If it is then i prefer Silviu Lung Jr.^^)

This is a great guide, thanks.

I'd love to buy Veloso for just £15, that'd be awesome ;)

I had to pay 28m half way into the first season for gourcuff... Hopefully it will be worth it cuz i have 20m to give in next 36 months lol

I had to pay 28m half way into the first season for gourcuff... Hopefully it will be worth it cuz i have 20m to give in next 36 months lol

I offered 20 million and they accepted, but Gourcuff had no interest in Tottenham :( (1st season.) I'll try agian when I jump in the CL with Spurs :D

Neymar 15mill. Deffo buy for any prem team.

wheres David Villa hes a top asset for a top team and David Silva.