10 Players You Must Break The Bank To Buy

I was able to secure Renan for only £13 million, so call it a coup if you're saying 15.25? I know it depends on the game and everything, but lemme know if it's that low or somewhere around there.

Good call on Balotelli as well...fell in love with him on FM09 and that was the first move I made on FM10 as well. £33million and I think it was well worth it...was kicking *** for me until he went down for about three months, but with him set as an advance playmaker alongside Drogba, they had 8 and either 6 or 7 for Drogba at the time he got hurt.

Mat Rits.......
Hugo Almeida.
Mauro Zarate.......
Curtis Davies..........His marking went 19 for me and tackling 18 with high heading and jumping......
Akinfeev..............Got him for 35 Million US Dollar but worth it. Conceded 9 in 14 games in premierleague(i play attacking game).
Joe Hart........... Was my No.1 before Akinfeev. Got him for 2 Million USD in 2nd season.
Freddy Adu.........21 yrs old... my 2nd highest goalscorer and he is AM.
Ivan Rakitic....... Awesome finishing and freekicks etc for a AM. 16 finishing for me....
Mirel Radoi......... got him for 17 Million USD. Awesome player for both CB and CDM.
Ashley Barnes....... Age 19. Not superstar but very good player when he turns old. 17 finishing for me @ age of 22 yrs old.... got for 2 Million.
Cesar Azpilicueta......aged 19 Right Back. Osasuna. You have to break bank for him. 25 Million USD. But he is worth it. Was part of Premier league line-up of the year in his first season for me(22 yrs old). WORTH BUY. I never miss him.
Mahmdou Diarra....... Great DM. First took him for loan for 800k in first season. Next season again 800k loan and when his loan finished,his contract expired so got him for free.. :D
Fransesco Bolzoni......... Got him for 18 Million USD. He may concede lots of yellow and red cards but he was awarded as bast passer and best tackler in his first season for me. 4 red cards that season though.. :p
Duffy.............. 300k USD from Everton. 18 yr old CB. potential to be great player.
James O'Shea........... 21 yrs old in start at Birmingham. cracking Winger.
Jeremy Helan....... LB. got him for 250k USD from Man City. 17 yr old great potential.......
WORTH TRY. although i bought all them in patch 10.2 but they are still grt in patch 10.3.......

Lol,people,you're still forgetting Maicon.

Not even £100million to buy him.******* insane.

How can you forget about toni kroos buy him early for about 10-15m and in a season on two he is god hes only 19 :)

Bruno Alves - 13m., Sandro - 15m, Meireles - 9m., Diego Souza - 15m., Kléber - 15m. , Neymar - 18m. (with 10.3 patch)

David N'Gog.

You can loan him for £2M and if played right, can get you around 20 goals, in the EPL.

:)

.......nice joke, but seriously, for a 2 mill loan try van der vaart or fat ronaldo. they will both score more and one is an AM.!

And as promised, here are your suggestions.
Righty-o from the top then.

1) Bojan (FC) (Barcelona) - Very young and very much adaptable. Has a lot of potential, obviously, he's from Barca. His determination is the best thing here and he does well playing for big clubs. £7M for an 18 year old isn't bad, especially if you look at some transfers that happened really..Berbatov for £30M? Please. Although obviously Bojan won't be £7M. Barcelona want to keep him so a bid around £20M+ is needed.

2) Ignacio Camacho (DM, MC) (Athletico Madrid) - Good, but not the best player around. Yes, he is efficient at what he does, but I do feel Miguel Veloso offers more to the team. Very great for a backup defensive midfielder, or a ball-winning midfielder. Very cheap to buy him as well, he's only about £1.6M worthy at 19, but about £7.5M costly. Cheap for a player though, fails to make my ultimate 10 however. Buy him early if you want him.

3) Marco Verratti (AMC) (Pescara) - A very good young attacking midfielder to bolster your options. Becomes one of the best midfielders in the game, although doesn't come close to someone like Gerrard or Hamsik. Barca snap him up in my game, so that's saying something. Very very ridiculously cheap at the beginning, a mere £210,000 at only 16 years of age. I notice someone like Inter do co-own him so maybe give that a go before they do.

4) David Villa (FC) (Valencia) - There's no point saying anything about this guy, you know the stats. Amazing talent, in real life as well as on computer. Congratulations if you can buy him though, Valencia put up one **** of a fight. Spanish clubs, eh? I'm guessing £45M-60M should do. Plus some type of clause. At 27, he is in his prime already so it's not going to be a walk in the park to get his signature.

5) Silviu Lung Jr. (GK) (FC Universitatea Craiova) - Yes, I've never heard of the team either. But this is one of those goalkeepers who is already oustanding for his age. Someone like Joe Hart. (Don't buy him in the game though) Lung Jr is only 20 and costs 130K, so is definitely one for the future. Will never be as good as Akinfeev or Casillas unfortunately.

6) Maicon (D/WB R) (Inter) - Without doubt, one of, if not, the best right back in the game. Inter suck him dry in the game, nobody gets a shoe-in with a chance of buying him. My advice? Go for him early, when he hasn't even played a game. Rated £17.5M with a ridiculous wage, you have to spend at least £90-120M and unless your Man City, I wouldn't even think about buying him. The whole point of the guide was so you can buy these players. This was one in which you really can't. If you can land him, you deserve a medal. And I'm not talking about buying him when he is old and unwanted. Go buy Gary Neville then. (Seriously, do not buy Neville)

7) Neymar (FC) (Santos) - A great buy, he is a real talent. Young and lots of potential, this is a striker for the years. Just 17 and worth 3.2M, you can buy him for just over £10M if you're lucky. £15M should be tops though. Anything more and you're pushing it.

8) David Silva (AML,C) (Valencia) - What is with these Spanish players? Brillaint majestic players with the price tag of a golden horse riding a gold-plated carriage, carrying the Queen of England and Barack Obama at the same time. Enough about the metaphors, David Silva is one **** of a winger. Get the 23 year old attacking as one and you've got yourself a real gem. You might think £10.75M isn't bad, but remember, you've got to pay at least £30-50M for him. He's just one of those guys.

9) Geremi (MR,C) (Newcastle) - Ok, as I said I would do all the suggestions, but I'll leave the not-so-good ones out. But this 30 year old Newcastle midfielder gets a special mention for being part of the very-very-not-so-good players. Yes, you can buy him for abou £1.5M but even then, you're wasting your time. Boos for 'christophermcl', poor suggestion.

10) Mesut Ozil (AML, C) (Werder Bremen) - Good find 'hejh0pp' (the guy who suggested it) This guy's got talent. And I mean more than Britain's Got Talent. He's 20, and worth £4.8M and buying him would take £15M tops. So why not I hear you say. My answer? I don't know. Buy the guy, he's definitely worth it. He plays as an attacking central midfielder, but put him on the left for equal effect.

11) Gonzalo Higuain (FC) (Real Madrid) - In real life, this guy is highly recommended. In the game, not so much. It's like the Vela syndrome. Vela was better in 09, not so much in 10. (In the game that is, never in real life) Higuain is only 21, so is very youg and worth just over £15M. Buy him if you can be bothered, otherwise stick with Dzeko. He is a fantastic player, and will score goals but I would still root for Edin Dzeko. Slightly older, but the best player in FM10, let alone striker.

12) David N'Gog (ST) (Liverpool) - Just putting it in as an example of the same case as Geremi. Yeah, buy N'Gog if you're looking for someone who takes 5 attempts to get one on target. And in the game, he is much worse. 'Coach Carter', you a pool fan?

13) Oscar Ustari (GK) (Getafe) - A very good goalkeeper, but short of excellent. Like Jung Jr, this guy is young with boundless talent. Oh wait, there is a boundary and it's not good enough unfortunately. Cheap, great second choice keeper at £3M and at 23, he is young too. Not a world-class keeper though and won't be in time either.

14) Angel Di Maria (AML, C) (Benfica) - The guy that looks like a cone. I can say that, because he's rich and I'm not. He is 21 and is an efficient winger for say, a Championship side. Not good enough for the Premier League I'm afraid.

15) Rene Adler (GK) (Beyer Leverkusen) - As 'RoyJonesJr' stated, if buying someone like Akinfeev is too much of a hassle, go for this guy instead. Very very good goalkeeper and although he isn't that expensive at £5.25M, he will still cost quite a bit, possibly £15M-20M. Plays similar to top goalkeepers and is an amazing talent. So basically, the cheaper (could be better?) version of Igor Akinfeev. Good suggestion.

16) Lisandro Lopez (FC) (Lyon) - A top quality striker and will definitely bag goals for you, even in the top leagues. His strong point is heading, so he makes for a brilliant target man. Ageing on a bit at 26 when you start, so not one for the future, but the present. £6.75M sound good to you? Even if it does, takes around £15M-20M to shift him.

17) Lukas Sinkiewicz (DC, DM, MC) (Bayer Leverkusen) - Good player as midfielders go, versatile as you can see by his positions. Try not to buy him unless you're borderline desperate or are strapped for cash, in which case why are you reading this post? Sinkiewicz isn't the best player in the world, but can be used as backup or third choice. Purchase for about £5M-7.5M.

18) Mamadou Sakho (DC) (PSG) - This is an example of what God would be like on the football pitch. Doesn't have to be all creative, just strong, compassionate and very much consistent. Sakho, at just 19, turns out to be one of the best defenders in the game. An amazing talent and an amazing find. Buy him early and hold onto him. Fantastic player. He may be worth £5.5M, but you must buy him for whatever it takes, in the region of £15-20M. Buy him, buy him, buy him.

Special mention to 'arsenallegend' who handled all the youth players out there for me. Thanks mate. Glad to see the player info virus is spreading. I should be getting paid for this.
Anyways, on we go.

19) Artem Milevskyi (FC) (Dinamo Kiev) - Good efficient £4.7M rated striker but for some reason lacks the quality to be a big star. Can get you some fair share of goals but nothing extraordinary. Can buy for £10M at your local Kiev store and at 24 has a good few years ahead of him. Although he won't progress into anything special.

20) Toni Kroos (AMC) (Leverkusen - On loan from Bayern Munich) - Kroos is one **** of a player if you can get him. He has an amazing ability to score goals, set up players and boss the midfield. Someone that is going to take your team from 5 stars to 'Screw the Star System.' He offers such great passing skills and is one of the players that should really be in the top 10. Buy the 19 year old when he's finished with his loan and make sure Bayern Munich don't try and stop you. I think £25M should be enough of a bribe. But you can get him for cheaper as he is worth only £4.5M. Lowest is probably £10M. Snap him up quick.

21) Michael Essien (DMC, MC) (Chelsea) - One of the best defensive midfielders you will ever come across. If you want someone who can win the ball back, organise the defence and score spectacular goals, this is your Michael. Forget Ballack, or Owen, or Silvestre (I know it's Mikael but I was struggling to find any more Michael's) this is the only Michael in the game that is worth it. But question is, can you buy him? I'm going with...er, no. That's the sad part. Unless you are playing Chelsea, you don't really stand a chance. Essien is just worth too much, £26M and is just way too good. Buy him for like £120M and you've got yourself a deal.

22) Gai Assulin (AM R,L) (Barcelona) - Assulin is a talented player, let's put it that way. If you buy him, he becomes a Barcelona reject, and you know what happens with them. See, I can't even think of one. He's a good winger, not great. Efficient but not effective. Worth buying? I'll pass. But at £1.8M, he's not bad and will get better with age. If you want, I'd say £5M should prize him away.

23) Hugo Lloris (GK) (Lyon) - Fantastic keeper and more than just a safe pair of hands. We've already got a few goalkeepers on this list, so if you don't like the sound of the name Akinfeev, or Adler, go for Lloris instead. Same thing, pretty much and he is very young at 22. So definitely worth it. One of the top keepers in the game and worthy of £4.7M. You can get him for about £15M though.

Another shout out to 'adityajain' for making my life easier and doing some scouting of your own. Nice! No sarcasm intended by the way. I actually mean 'thanks'. And to 'JustKituno,' calm down, Maicon's here, safe and sound.

More shout outs to 'Kieran brookes' and 'robtsi' - nice to see the infection has spread. And 'Spoffmeister,' thank you for realising the N'Gog joke. Seriously 'Coach Carter' what were you thinking?

24) Giorgio Chiellini (DC) (Juventus) - Great great defender, and just as good as Sakho. Lot older though at 24 so will hit his peak much earlier. One of the greats in the game. Italian defender, what do you expect? Worth £12.25M, so I'm saying go for it with at least £30M. Should buy him at start before someone like CityMoneyBags comes along and takes him alongside N'Gog for £90M each. (Sorry CoachCarter, I'll stop the N'Gog hating now)

Ok, that's me done, until next time. I shall just continue staring at the alluring adverts on the right until someone posts some more names. Sorry for the long wait, it's just well...I have a life. Thanks for reading and making me somewhat popular. It may say amateur next to my name, but I have been playing FM10 for longer than I can possibly imagine. Ok, you got me, I don't have a life. Needless to say, I am not the best manager, but am not far from it either. Thanks for reading, you have been brilliant. I'm just getting prepared to have an argument with Fabio Capello, as my name wasn't on any shortlists for the England World Cup Squad. What a costly mistake that would be. Until next time folks :)

Last edited: