1109 Passes In One Game With Barcelona And 93% Possession

Barcelona haven't changed strategy at all. However, the way teams line up against them has changed, as you have so rightly pointed out in your second paragraph.

The only thing Barcelona has changed in recent times is their formation, from a straight forward 433 ( 41212/460 whatever you want to call it) to a 3-4-3 (3-1-3-3/2-2-3-3) in order to accommodate the arrival of Fabregas, which now gives Alves more of a free role to sit as a cb or act as wing back, while fabregas now slot into an upfront position of acts as one of the 3 mcs replacing Abidal who has rarely played.

Anyway, this isnt a barcelona discussion thread, so ill let you get back to discussing your tactic. I apologise for any offence if caused, it was just an issue i felt I had to address.

It isn't my tactic. :)

Just thought I'd defend this tactic as it seems to be a effective tactic and a good attempt at adapting an already very good possession tactic.

Your are right about Barcelona not changing their strategy, I guess what I meant was that they weren't willing to adapt that strategy to create more chances when faced with teams defending deep (although this is obviously debatable).

I do agree with your points about a lot of possession tactics that don't create enough chances and get their goals from corners, FK's and long shots, just thought I'd make the counter argument.

As you say though, I think we may have invaded this thread with debate about possession tactics and Barcelona. So I guess we'd better stop ^^)

Hey guys, I just love the passing philosophy and enjoy watching my players play almost hogging the ball and dictating the whole match. I am playing Real Madrid over two legs in a minute in Super Cup so will let you know how we fair against them.

1109 Passes In One Game With Barcelona And 93% Possession

3-4-3 Possession By Tacktzz With A Few Variations

View attachment 259692View attachment 259693

Firstly I do not want to take credit for someone else's work so a huge shout out to Tacktzz for this phenomonal tactic which has given me the chance to see games out through sheer dominance of possession. The screenshots above shows that AA Gent had 7% possessioj throughout the whole game. Crazy! The only thing I have adapted is that my fullbacks sit and hold, my left and right attacking midfielders use throughballs and that the centre defender acts as a limited defender. Xavi's role hasn't changed and he is the machine behind this tactic. Likewise great shoutout to Tacktzz as this is all his work I have just adapted it. There is a link below to his fantastic explanation and story as to how he made it... Great Read!!

http://fmtacticalnewspaper.fmcrowd.com/3-4-3-possession-discussion-1/
download link?????????????

Mate your not using this tactic to its full potential...... you may have had loads of possession which is good but you are not having the possession in the right areas. Most of the passes are on the half way line when they should be in and around the opponents area. 2 key passes out of 1019 is pointless it is all jolly good having possession but what exactly is having it all on the half way going to do. If i was your opponents i would just let you play there all day long. Try increasing the mentality to on the edge of attacking or when in desperate need of a goal even higher. leave passing/tempo as it is try decreasing the pressing slider (i odnt know why but it all ways seems to help descreasing i) probably coz there is never as much space and your nebver getting pulled out of position

Congrats To takticzz ! he is the best one making tavtivs and explanining them!

This possesion tactic its amazaging

I'm the only one who thinks that 93% possession two goals and only 5 key passes is a little wrong. Also it's just Barcelona.

Think any decent FM gamer could replicate that. For starters Gent are utter **** compares to Barca.

Think you need to sort the final third mate. Controlling game is one thing but putting the ball in the net is another.

You stay classy......

I think this is very good if you are winning 0-1 against Barca and want to keep it. But to start a game with this.... only if you like draws!!!

I beat Borussia Dordmund 3-0 with PSV Eindhoven! (home) 66%34 possession

looks like a good tactic, wat pitch size, match prep and shouts (haven't download the tactic yet)

Possession is also defense. A great amount of possession is the best defense.

Nice effort. these stats are perfectly replicable, how easy probably depends on who you are and more importantly your opposition. Its quite easy to rack up the passes if your opposition just sits back with men behind the ball.

I played around with possession and passing a while before I saw this tactic, I've created my own tactic and had it now for 4 seasons and hit 1138 passes and 95% possession before

View attachment 261483View attachment 261484

but I will have a play around with this tactic and see how it goes.

Last edited:
Anyone had any luck opitmizing this to full potential yet? I 've just started tweaking around with it now. .