[13.3.3] Fantastic 3-6-1 - Literally, the best tactic for FM13. [Possession/CCCs]

Changed to Balanced/Overload and lowered tempo to 3 notches from left so slower. Immense....

Hi Ovro, I'm just about to start a new game, but much to your dislike? I've moved the Sweeper to an Anchor Man, keeping the same defensive mentality, passing, closing down and i'm going to see if this works. Out of all the tactics i've tested.... all of them!! lol! this is the most exciting and well... different in the way it plays. I am Sunderland with a few new signings in the first season so I will report back if it works or is a disaster with the player moved to ANC

Hello!!!!

I've been trying to make a tactic with this exact formation (v7) since I saw a newspaper talking about how dutch national team played with a "VW" formation back in the 70's, but I've never been able to produce decent results.

I've only played 3 or 4 games so far, but it seems a lot more solid than mine, specially in midfield, where I had a huge gap

Thank you very much =)

what will happen if i change the libero to teh central defender position? this will destroy the tactic, or there is a reason for the libero instead of the cd? thanks in advance :)

another thing can you tell me with general training and match prep do you use? :)

what will happen if i change the libero to teh central defender position? this will destroy the tactic, or there is a reason for the libero instead of the cd? thanks in advance :)

another thing can you tell me with general training and match prep do you use? :)
I always use Team Cohesion on High and if I'm an underdog Def. Positions, same if I'm on par and if I'm superior I use Attack Movement. My players are pretty ****** with the training but I drop the intensity down as the opponents I face get weaker. If I am facing a tough opponent I knock it up a few matches before the big game which really helps. (and rotate the squad frequently to keep players fit for the big game)

Hi Ovro.

First of all I would really like to appreciate all your efforts, especially the way in which you chose to respond to every poster and kept on improving your tactic.

I would like some feedback/advice from you. I have been looking for a good offensive and defensive tactic for my Man City side (usually 4-2-3-1, 4-1-2-2-1, 4-4-2), tried a lot but never came back impressed (they were either too leaky or too dry (lots of 0-0 and 1-0). So I found your tactic, and reading through the post (yes I read every page) I came away really impressed.

So after my first season I made some new signings, began pre-season in June.

Team:
GK: Hart
SW: Nicolas Nkoulou (being trained), Rekik (being trained since 6 months)
CB: Kompany, Nastasic, Zouma (rotation), Boyata (backup)

RWB: Zabaleta, Richards (rotation)
LWB: Clichy, Shaw (understudy)
RWB/LWB: Some Japanese guy, forgot his name, 2.5 star, 3.5 potential, can play all back DL,DR,WBR,WBL. Backup

CM: Toure, Vidal, Thiaga Alca (rotation), Rodwell (rotation), Barry (backup), Will Hughes (understudy)

Wingers: Silva, Gotze, Nasri (though I might swap him for Shaqiri) (rotation) , Lamela (rotation), Chamberlain (understudy), Barkely (understudy), Sinclair (backup)

ST: Falcao, Lewandowski (rotation), Paco Alcacer (understudy), Guidetti (backup)

(Yeah I have a big squad. 1st season had 20 or so, almost never got a full bench due to injuries!)

Staff:
I have a great coaching staff, 4 star in attacking and shooting, rest is 4.5 or 5. I have Francisco Ayestaryaan as my AM, 20 Tactical knowledge, 19 Defending, lots of other good stats (low on motivation though and I think Discipline too). I give all me team talks myself, he gives the Opp instructions.

Pre-season:

Set training to fitness for 2 weeks, then tactics for 1 week, then team cohesion for 3 weeks. Along the way I set friendlies with Arsenal, PSG, Dortmund, Schalke, and Tottenham (and a couple of other smaller teams). So that I could achieve full cohesion/etc. as you require.

Played all games friendlies myself, won only by 1 GD, never scored more than 2, lost 1 against PSG, drew Dortmund etc. Not impressed with results so far (NOT A CRITICISM)

Season (or sort of):
I will start season today. But just for fun, overnight I sent my manager on vacation for the season, set this tactic as the only tactic, and checked the results in the morning. 3rd in league, knocked out of CL in group stages. Really bad GD. Now, maybe this is due to Assistant so I am not complaining, but I want your feedback nonetheless.

Is my squad fine? Any other tweaks?

Thanks

PS. Replies from other will also be accepted/appreciated.

Hi Ovro.

First of all I would really like to appreciate all your efforts, especially the way in which you chose to respond to every poster and kept on improving your tactic.

I would like some feedback/advice from you. I have been looking for a good offensive and defensive tactic for my Man City side (usually 4-2-3-1, 4-1-2-2-1, 4-4-2), tried a lot but never came back impressed (they were either too leaky or too dry (lots of 0-0 and 1-0). So I found your tactic, and reading through the post (yes I read every page) I came away really impressed.

So after my first season I made some new signings, began pre-season in June.

Team:
GK: Hart
SW: Nicolas Nkoulou (being trained), Rekik (being trained since 6 months)
CB: Kompany, Nastasic, Zouma (rotation), Boyata (backup)

RWB: Zabaleta, Richards (rotation)
LWB: Clichy, Shaw (understudy)
RWB/LWB: Some Japanese guy, forgot his name, 2.5 star, 3.5 potential, can play all back DL,DR,WBR,WBL. Backup

CM: Toure, Vidal, Thiaga Alca (rotation), Rodwell (rotation), Barry (backup), Will Hughes (understudy)

Wingers: Silva, Gotze, Nasri (though I might swap him for Shaqiri) (rotation) , Lamela (rotation), Chamberlain (understudy), Barkely (understudy), Sinclair (backup)

ST: Falcao, Lewandowski (rotation), Paco Alcacer (understudy), Guidetti (backup)

(Yeah I have a big squad. 1st season had 20 or so, almost never got a full bench due to injuries!)

Staff:
I have a great coaching staff, 4 star in attacking and shooting, rest is 4.5 or 5. I have Francisco Ayestaryaan as my AM, 20 Tactical knowledge, 19 Defending, lots of other good stats (low on motivation though and I think Discipline too). I give all me team talks myself, he gives the Opp instructions.

Pre-season:

Set training to fitness for 2 weeks, then tactics for 1 week, then team cohesion for 3 weeks. Along the way I set friendlies with Arsenal, PSG, Dortmund, Schalke, and Tottenham (and a couple of other smaller teams). So that I could achieve full cohesion/etc. as you require.

Played all games friendlies myself, won only by 1 GD, never scored more than 2, lost 1 against PSG, drew Dortmund etc. Not impressed with results so far (NOT A CRITICISM)

Season (or sort of):
I will start season today. But just for fun, overnight I sent my manager on vacation for the season, set this tactic as the only tactic, and checked the results in the morning. 3rd in league, knocked out of CL in group stages. Really bad GD. Now, maybe this is due to Assistant so I am not complaining, but I want your feedback nonetheless.

Is my squad fine? Any other tweaks?

Thanks

PS. Replies from other will also be accepted/appreciated.

I don't think many tactics work overly well with the manager on vacation. ;)

Big disappointment

This tactic has to be the biggest disappointment in my football manager history. I used your tactic with Man Utd, and the results are far from great. I finished only 5th in the league, and was knocked-out in the group phase of the CL. I lost to Bayern 4-0, OM 3-0, Man City 5-0 TWICE. So I don't understand way everyone is so positive about this tactic. I concede way to many goals!

The players are not the problem. Alaba and Srna as wing backs, carrick and romulo as midfielders and Reus-Rooney-v.Persie as my forward three.

So, what the **** am I doing wrong?

This tactic has to be the biggest disappointment in my football manager history. I used your tactic with Man Utd, and the results are far from great. I finished only 5th in the league, and was knocked-out in the group phase of the CL. I lost to Bayern 4-0, OM 3-0, Man City 5-0 TWICE. So I don't understand way everyone is so positive about this tactic. I concede way to many goals!

The players are not the problem. Alaba and Srna as wing backs, carrick and romulo as midfielders and Reus-Rooney-v.Persie as my forward three.

So, what the **** am I doing wrong?

Yeah, I don't understand. Maybe someone is selfish in the forward trio?

I randomly picked a promoted club in the bottom playable league at Brazil, this tactic went undefeated almost the entire year until the save file got corrupted. (didn't know how to fix back then...wish i didn't delete it)

Edit: Lmao...lost my mind when I read this "Let me guess? "BRB whilst you ******?" mmmk." in OP post. So hilarious, lol.

Last edited:
I LOVE YOU. SERIOUSLY.

I literally just registered here to say thank you for all the time and effort you put in this tactic, then gave to us for free.
Thank you man. For real.
And Merry Christmas.

Ye and I can say I don't have any sympathy towards people that claim that other peoples tactic SUCK! and then release the worse bullcrap in the process. This tactic has been tested with a real tactic template that reveals if your tactic is really amazing or not. I even bet the author have no idea what he's doing when it comes to management since he claims that other tactics doesn't work - I see it time and time again that people are dissapointed or can't make a tactic work and honestly its your own fault most often probably because you don't understand the easy to read steps that is spoonfed to you, so before flaming someone else flame yourself first. Look at yourself are you so perfect or is it just yet another useless creation of life ;)

If you want to see value and even learn important tricks and formula's towards the game the best place is my thread here at fmbase.

comprehensive-test-mr-ls-tactics-including-his-new-ones

Have never seen point in belittling other peoples tactics.. As usually reason they don't or do work for me is down to me and not the tactic. People take the time to create tactics and this should be encouraged, as we can then all learn something. I created a tactic about a month ago and is not great, will not score 100 goals in league, but is a simple tactic and learnt from what others have imparted on this forum. May well only work for me.. But I would like to thank all creators of tactics in this forum as without them I would long ago stopped playing this game that I love!