[13.3.3] Fantastic 3-6-1 - Literally, the best tactic for FM13. [Possession/CCCs]

Hi

I'm using Inter in Serie A and version 6.0 doesn't work for me (I lost vs a lot of team...included the ones in the last positions of the ranking!!)...anyway due to the great success reached by a lot of user I would like to try version 7.0...how many games do the team need to learn the tactics?

What!? The last of the last version? Versioninception o_O

Well, I guess Version 6 was more based upon what worked for my players. I had Pogba and a regen called De Caso, so long shots were great.

Using this with Roma. I have good players for the system, but I'm not doing that well. I always get about 10 shots and only 2 or 3 on target, very few chances inside the box. This is despite having very creative players such as Florenzi and Lamela.

Results have been:
0-1 Loss
1-1 Draw
0-0 Draw
2-0 Draw
2-0 Draw
0-1 Loss
1-1 Draw
3-1 Win
1-1 Draw
2-3 Loss
1-2 Loss

My striker has only scored 3 using this tactic as well

Last edited:
@ ElJEfe

This tactic is not good (see my post # 541). As the great results obtained by the others probably this tactic is not good only for Italy! I suggest to use the best tactic of this forum: Mr Langvatn's Rock Final Version.

I have been using this newest version with tons of success so far in nChamp with Middlesbrough, which brings me to this point, I just got lucky by choosing them but if you are looking for a sweeper right away and have a couple million budget I would suggest Jonathon Woodgate from Middlesbrough, he is a great defender and amazing at SW, he is avg. 7.22 form right now in 22 starts there. Yes he is 33 but he is cheap and gives you an option while you train your next in line, personally I signed Manoel from Brazil to fill Woodgate's spot eventually.

Just changed from v6 to v7. Not having much luck in front of goal right now. But the defense so far gives up a lot less shots. 4 games into this version and only 4 clean sheets with my 18yo back up ( who isnt really that good yet)

me playing my tactic http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...-2-vinngbacks-poachers-meraklija-vujevic.html so if you like this style with 3 back players try this

Fulham
HSV
Pescara

with this 3 clubs i won their leagues in first season,all game status and screenshots are on my topic.

Stop advertising your tactic on other people's threads, if people want to use your tactic they will go to your thread and download it, don't think you'd appreciate everyone going into your thread and advertising there tactics all the time taking the focus away from yours

Just finished my season last night. Came in 3rd with 79pts.

Played into oct or nov with v6, then switched to v7. I had 1 horrible game. First game of the year I lost 6-2 to everton.

Ended up conceding about 30 goals for the season. Take away the 7 I gave up in my first 2 games, thats only giving up about 22 in the other 36.

My #1 gk had the 3rd most clean sheets. Now if I played him every game im sure he would have been #1.

Only downfall I can find with this tactic is the lack of goals it scores. Ive seen games with 10-15 shots on target and I struggle to score 1 goal.

This might be due to the youth I have up front. I have benkete as my main striker who scored 23 for the season. But then my rotation involves 3 other strikers under 21 years old. Next season the should step up better, ill probably get another season done this weekend so ill post the results of how they do.

Well, it was a fun run. I consider version 7 to be my greatest FM13 tactic. At least for me anyways. :p

For those who got success out of it, congratulations.
To those who didn't, we all have different styles and minds, ey? :p

See you in FM14 people!

Was 2-0 up in the first half versus Marseille, they pulled it back to 2-2 in the second half, then we go on the counter and scored a 90th min winner!

I have been using Version 6.0 in my Tottenham story just making the TM a poacher.

First season I won the league and the Europa League.

Second season I won the BPL, FA Cup, European Super Cup and the Champions League!

Hey Orvo, using the tactic w/ my Millonarios squad and loving it.

I have a question, and excuse me if this has been previously brought up, I looked but couldn't find anything. The majority of the wide players in my squad are generally what you would call central wingers (players like Nasri, Silva, etc. players who like to cut inside and influence the play that way) so would you recommend switching the two wide spots from "move into channels" to "cut inside" and have the wing backs set to "move into channels". Thanks, Joey.

I have Cavani up front and he's only scored about 2 goals in 6 games or so, Suarez is racking them up however and Enrique and Glen Johnson are doing well.

I think the strength truly is incredibly important for that striker

I won the 2020 European Championships with Slovakia using the defensive version

LIXAsZc.jpg

thanks for the well explained tactic, gonna test and update with result.

Well, it was a fun run. I consider version 7 to be my greatest FM13 tactic. At least for me anyways. :p

For those who got success out of it, congratulations.
To those who didn't, we all have different styles and minds, ey? :p

See you in FM14 people!

I am new to FM and I made this my first formation after scanning the web for a long time. One I love aerial strikers and I love good/offensive Wingback play, I am a Chelsea fan and love Cole, Sadly we are weak at Aerial Strikers, I hope that Lukaku will fill that role, but I am off subject: I did a Middlesbrough game with this tatic. Libor Kozak has been tearing up the Prem with this strategy as my Target Man. He has been top 3 in scoring in the past 3 seasons with at least 22 each season including 8 assists in the first season up from Championship. I have some great young players and will not quit till I beat Middlesbrough's best of 3rd in the Prem way back in the early 1900's.

Thanks for a great formation, I use this and the heavy defense version for away games at top teams, It works great!. 4 seasons with Middlesbrough 1st: Promoted to Prem after finishing 1st in Championship, 2nd: Finish 13th after injury ridden season, and still building. 3rd season: Sign Libor Kozak finish 9th in the prem 4th: Injury bug again sadly finish 12th 5th: just starting with a new Head Physio, should hope to finish top 10 again then on to the Europa Cup and a top 3 finish is only a few years away!

To O.P.: both of us had the same idea, but rather different execution. I gave up this tactic in the end as I wanted more possession in the middle of the pitch, and I used a sweeper, with default marking and standard strategy. Default marking made sure the sweeper was zonal, and doing his job properly, and the two players above him were putting strikers in their back pocket with man marking, but using man marking anywhere in the field means lowering the tempo, or face consenquences of tired CBs after 60 mins of match, hence the standard strategy. You are doing okay, and going in the right direction but the tactic still needs work.