[13.3.3] Fantastic 3-6-1 - Literally, the best tactic for FM13. [Possession/CCCs]

To O.P.: both of us had the same idea, but rather different execution. I gave up this tactic in the end as I wanted more possession in the middle of the pitch, and I used a sweeper, with default marking and standard strategy. Default marking made sure the sweeper was zonal, and doing his job properly, and the two players above him were putting strikers in their back pocket with man marking, but using man marking anywhere in the field means lowering the tempo, or face consenquences of tired CBs after 60 mins of match, hence the standard strategy. You are doing okay, and going in the right direction but the tactic still needs work.

Post your tactic then plz? I've tryed ovro's and would love to try yours to see if it is better as you claim. Thanks in advance. :).

Post your tactic then plz? I've tryed ovro's and would love to try yours to see if it is better as you claim. Thanks in advance. :).

no, I gave it up...I like to play possession football, with short passing and wide width, and this one needs direct narrow approach

no, I gave it up...I like to play possession football, with short passing and wide width, and this one needs direct narrow approach

Ok. You said your tactic was better and I would have loved to try it but if you don't want to post it then fair enough. :)

it seems like a great and unique tactic

do u use OI?? do u use any shouts?? training?? match prep.

sorry for so many questions ;)

Currently playing as bochum, tactic is almost fluid with the team, it rocked pre-season, but extremely shakey at the moment in the league, only netting 6 points in 7 games. I've slammed the players a few times and encouraged them, but morale has gone down to around Ok. on almost everyone with some fairly goods and goods, nothing in the yellow or reds though, but struggling a bit with these away matches, hopefully it gets a bit better soon

Hey, I registered just to give some feedback on this tactic (v7) too. I've started a fresh save with A.C. Milan on patch 13.1.1, with no transfers update (but with CA/PA change by pr0 from FMscout).
Unfortunately, things have gone much worse than I expected. I always (and I mean always) get at least one goal against and I manage to lose even with the worst teams in the competition. Goals from my team don't come easy either, I never manage to score more than 2 and I never score from corners - in the beginning I had Fellaini forward on corner kicks but I saw I was so counter prone that I switched back to your settings.
I'm in november now and my team's familiarity with the tactic is Fluid everywhere but formation (Accomplished) and mentality (competent). I bought Demba Ba (too cheap a price to let go) and gave Pato away, Fellaini (underperforming so far) in and Boateng out; I also bought Astori and loaned Callejon, the formation is as follows:

GK: Abbiati
SW: Mexes (he's out for months though, so I'm using Zapata/Astori)
CD: Acerbi and Astori
WB: De Sciglio and Abate
MC: Fellaini and De Jong (Ambrosini and Nocerino, I never use Montolivo)
W: El Sharaawi and Robinho (Callejon)
ST: Ba (Pazzini)

I leave both my pre-match training and team talks to my assistant (Tassotti, shouldn't be bad at all with them).

I haven't touched anything in the tactic. So I'm wondering, is it the players themselves? The team still needs more familiarity with the tactic? The tactic won't work with the older patches?
Any feedback will be much appreciated. I close to giving it up.

Last edited:
Pretty much the only reason you won't have the latest patch is that you've torrented the game. The latest patch is far superior to that patch.

Pretty much the only reason you won't have the latest patch is that you've torrented the game. The latest patch is far superior to that patch.

Even if it was, is that the answer to my question? I actually thought it myself.

Yup, the quality of my team's play has increased quite a lot now that I can play 13.3.3.

Last edited:
I'm pondering over whether I will remake this for FM2014. On a glance back, it would appear to have more positive results than negative. I'd personally say this is because some people don't get the correct style of player for the tactic, however it could just be the league, I've always said 3 at the back will never work in the English Premier League.

Thanks to everyone that stood by this tactic, great to have the support, and I truly hope you got the most out of your game because of this tactic.

To those that didn't, please understand, I tried my best.

On more reflection, perhaps I shouldn't have been so confident that this was 'the' best tactic. ;)

People will always complain when they lose, which is joke really seeing as they probably downloaded a tactic because they can't create one of there own, or as you say did not use the correct players or manage the squad correctly, at least you put your neck on the line and actually put something out there, something I've never done.

I'm pondering over whether I will remake this for FM2014. On a glance back, it would appear to have more positive results than negative. I'd personally say this is because some people don't get the correct style of player for the tactic, however it could just be the league, I've always said 3 at the back will never work in the English Premier League.

Thanks to everyone that stood by this tactic, great to have the support, and I truly hope you got the most out of your game because of this tactic.

To those that didn't, please understand, I tried my best.

On more reflection, perhaps I shouldn't have been so confident that this was 'the' best tactic. ;)

I download tactics because I have no idea how to analyse a game, where it went wrong during a match etc and I am very grateful to people who upload tactics for me to try. But as you say, calling it the best tactic ever gives people expectations which are difficult to fulfill with every team. Don't stop Ovro or anyone else who regularly upload tactics which are presented well and describe the way they play.
Thanks.

Well, haha I'm not sure it's entirely plug and play, so just set your match prep to Teamwork for a couple of weeks. :)

Do you us any shouts? Pre match or during the match if things are not going to plan? It looks good so will give this a go. I have a 3 at the back formation based on Beisla's Chile. I have only used a Libero but never a Sweeper. Have you tried using a Libero instead of a Sweeper?

Do you us any shouts? Pre match or during the match if things are not going to plan? It looks good so will give this a go. I have a 3 at the back formation based on Beisla's Chile. I have only used a Libero but never a Sweeper. Have you tried using a Libero instead of a Sweeper?

Tried a librero, didn't work. I normally use 'get stuck in' if we're not winning, and 'get stuck in' if we are. ;) it ups the energy levels. :)

You get the best results with it? What version is the best for underdogs in your opinion?

I think that is Ovro. My error :) But i will try your tactic marky.

I don't use underdog much, as my team has now surpassed being 'underdogs'.

Version 7 is working fantastic for me at present. :)