[13.3.3] Fantastic 3-6-1 - Literally, the best tactic for FM13. [Possession/CCCs]

Liam

Reaction score
Introducing........
View attachment 363106 Fantastic 3-6-1 View attachment 363106
Have you ever downloaded a tactic just to see it become a total waste of time?
Gutted? Let me guess it didn't work.
Well, guess what! You're in luck!!
I think I may well have just created the plug and play, that you've been waiting for.

Warning: If you're generally a bad manager and you don't do the simple things like praise your players and motivate them with team talks, then don't expect the same charming results I've had.

View attachment 363287 CLICK THE LINK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE TACTIC.View attachment 363287
OLD View attachment 363108 OLD

Version 2:
OLDView attachment 363447 OLD

Version 3:
OLD View attachment 364177 OLD

Version 4:
OLDView attachment 364483 OLD

Version 5:
OLDView attachment 364504 OLD

Version 6:
OLDView attachment 365604 OLD

Version 7:
NEW View attachment 370137 NEW

Bug Fix:

V7.0:
-Less long shots.
-Less holding the ball, more moving the ball.
-No more defensive errors.
-More CCCs.
-More Goals.
-Less Goals Conceded.
-FINAL VERSION.

v6.0
: -Games that previously would end as a draw should now end as a win. Due to adding another 3 routes for the ball to reach the net.
-Changed 'Control' to 'Attacking' whilst remaining solid at the back, you will now see an increase in possession, chances and goals.
-Played around with Librero but ended up staying put with the Sweeper.
-With this new change, please use a defensive midfielder with passing above 15 in the MCR slot.

v5.0: -Fixed attack deficiency by making it much more lethal, expect your Techinical Target Man to run a little more now, whilst the attacking play will also be more superb from your AML/AMR.
-MCR closes down whole pitch and plays like a deep lying playmaker, whilst MCL will only close down in his own half. Adds more dimensions, passing options and a better defensive shape.

v4.0: -Fixed issues with sloppy defending, defenders are now focused on specific defensive positions as opposed to joining the attack.
-Goalkeeper will now distribute to a player nearby to prevent sloppy goal kicks leading to goals for the opposition

v3.0: -Fixed issues with games ending as a draw, added 3 or 4 more potential goal scoring methods.
-Added a lot more possession based build up play, you should now expect 65-70% of the ball.
-The ball winning midfielders become playmakers when on the ball so make sure they can also pass!

v2.0: -Fixed issues with opposition counter attacks.
-Fixed issues with games ending as a draw and lack of attack potency, added more link up play potential.

View attachment 363287UNDERDOG/AWAY VERSION 2.0 GET IT HEREView attachment 363287
View attachment 365606

The underdog/away version of this tactic is more of a 3-5-2, it looks to combine solid defense with lightning paced counter attacks. I enjoyed a fair amount of success using this tactic with MK Dons, winning the league cup in the process.
Works very well with the above 3-6-1. I wish the underdog/away version could also be 3-6-1 but it's proving tough to make, so please enjoy this 3-5-2. :)

BUG FIX:

v2.0: -Whole tactic revamped, new shape, new instructions.
-Very strong defensively, very cool and precise offensively.
-Extremely direct, yet also fluid.
-From defense to attack in seconds, never before seen.

Getting started? Don't fret, that's why I'm here.
So let's begin with Match Preparation.

As you've probably guessed it, YES teamwork is vital. You want maximum team cohesion, so work long and hard on that one.

But let's not forget them special matches, now I'd go as far as to say this tactic can create goals, anytime. So I'd say if you're facing another top team, definitely go with Defensive Positioning.

Oh sh*t! You want Pitch Size too? REALLY.

MAXIMUM.

But let's not forget, you want some proof this tactic works? Right..? RIGHT?
Well, look no further, my friends.

View attachment 363109
Holy ****!?! So many clean sheets. Holy ****?!?! So many WINS.

View attachment 363110
Let me guess? "BRB whilst you ******?" mmmk.
Oh? You think my team is full of 'top players'? Well, you're wrong. LOOK BELOW.

View attachment 363111
Okay, okay... So they're no pushovers, but they're not on the same level as 'Man City' 'Barcelona' or 'Bayern Munich' that's for sure.

So.. excuse my french but how the f*ck does it work so f*cking well?
Well.. Let me explain and attempt to demonstrate.

Here is a blank picture of the tactic.
View attachment 363112

Now, let's analyse.

• The Wing-Backs are attacking and have a setting to cut inside. Whilst the Wingers are supportive and move in to the channels. Now, as you can imagine, that makes 'our tactic' really hard to defend against for the opposition. I haven't come across a single formation that can deal with us yet. As proven.... below.
View attachment 363115
As you can see, the AI has been unable to find a way around this tactic so far. Potential to be plug and play? Hmm. Moving on to the defensive side...

• [*=center]Now, you're wondering about them Ball-Winning Midfielders, right? Trust me, they're hugely important. Taking them out will be very detrimental to the tactic. Them, combined with the wing backs and defense, win the ball back with lightning paced pressing. But you're thinking... "What else do they do?" Well, they thread the through balls through to the Advanced Playmakers and Inside Forward Wing-backs, they certainly do their job.

VIEW POST #13 ON PAGE 2 FOR FURTHER ANALYSIS OF POSSESSION AND CCC'S.

Still anxious? OH! It's about your main striker? What's that? You like them to score lots of goals? OH.
Well check this out. ;)

View attachment 363126

OH and the wingbacks... they score too!

View attachment 363197

View attachment 363199

View attachment 363201

Okay, just going to explain the kind of player's you're going to need.

Recommended Players:

GK: All you'll need is a good all-round solid keeper.
eg. Ter Stegen, Sergio Romero..

SW: Converting any ball playing defender with good anticipation will have this role filled.
eg. Alderwierld, Douglas, Vermaelen, Vertonghen.

WB: Attack minded full backs retrained to wing backs and then work on their finishing.
eg. Armero, Cuardrado, Peruzzi, Maggio, Jordi Alba, Dani Alves, Maicon.

CM: Tough tackling midfielders with some passing ability.
eg. De Rossi, Xabi Alonso, Wanyama, Inler, Fellaini.

AML/AMR: Your team's playmakers. High creativity and passing, with good crossing, dribbling, finishing and techinique vital.
eg. Hamsik, Giovinco, Florenzi, Lamela.

ST: A big, strong centre forward. A target man, with good pace. Must be over 16 strength really...
eg. Benteke, Lukaku.

For all players these attributes are vital:
Over 12: Stamina
Over 11: Teamwork
GK, CB, WB and CM must have high work rate.

Enjoy. :)

If you're still in doubt here is a shortlist with the kind of player you'll need included for every position except Goalkeeper.

View attachment 363444

POSITIVE RESULTS:

A great big hug and sloppy kiss to ovro!
This was my Quadruple winning 1st season with FC Bayern Munchen:)

View attachment 365841 View attachment 365842

View attachment 365844 View attachment 365846 View attachment 365847

Used version 5 all season until the Champions league final and German cup final when I used Fantastic Underdog/Away v.2.0.
Going to give Version 6 ago next season.
Thanks again Ovro, this is a BONZA tactic:)

Started off a season with Ajax and the 3rd version, going all good till I checked the thread again and by Jan there was version 5 so I got that. Anyway went unbeaten with 10 draws which is quite a lot? But still this tactic WORKS. You need to give it time, get the right players and let them gel. I also managed to reach the semi finals of the champions league, knocking out bayern along the way. Currently testing out v6 and it's going great, lost my first league game due to playing a weak team but I'm sat in second now.

Couple screenshots, one of first season table and first season fixtures.

View attachment 365693

View attachment 365694

Working great for me so far!
View attachment 365695View attachment 365697View attachment 365698

Now I know Celtic isn't exactly a hard team to manage given the quality of the other SPL clubs, but the start I've had is much better than I anticipated. The Champions League games have also gone well, beating Montpellier and being unlucky to only get a point vs Valencia and Arsenal. Hopefully I can keep this unbeaten run going for some time!

Well I just completed the double in my first season with Southampton.
W:28 L:4 D:6
GF: 68 GA: 17

Benteke scored 29 in 36 Appearances in the BPL.

View attachment 365095

3 CCC the tactics does what it's says on the tin and does it well if only jelavic could finish

This tactic is great, although I'd like to ask if anybody else noticed that even if the team fires dozens of shots on target, the team just can't go over 3 goals per game, bar one or two odd games where the team scores 4 or 5 goals. Nevertheless, I went on an unbeaten run with my Arsenal team and I'm not complaining about anything. This tactic is up there with the greatest ones on this patch.

Finished my first season as Newcastle, finished a very respectable 2nd, and reached the F.A cup final where I got beat 3-1 by Man City, who also won the league and were pretty much unstoppable!

I did re-shape the squad with quite a few signings to fit the tactic, but managed to cope quite well with the amount of adjustments I made!

One thing I would note with this Tactic (v6) is that I feel it's very important your CB's have decent Composure & Passing stats, in the first half of the season I had Taylor & Mbiwa there and they constantly panicked and gave the ball away resulting in conceding. As soon as I got Williams in this stopped!

Looking forward to the 2nd season with Champions League footy!

Top tactic!

View attachment 366542View attachment 366545View attachment 366547

SHOUTOUTS:
-Big thanks to mikes2k9 for helping new users to this tactic when I've been offline, I haven't missed the fact you're always being helpful and also thanks for sticking by the tactic! Hope you're enjoying it dude!

Okay, I think this is my last tactic for FM13, so if you like it, please post a review, a rating or some scores. If you hate it, then just f*ck off.... Kidding, tell me why. :)

Really hope you people enjoy, this may sound biased but I'd personally call this the best tactic made for FM13.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you got a ss of your training, also could you upload your player filter list please

Have you got a ss of your training, also could you upload your player filter list please

My assistant manager does all that stuff, If you're unsure, just download and see for yourself. It's a wonderful tactic. I know, because I made it. ;)

I would totally agree. Winning 27 out of 27 with that team certainly means you have uncovered an exploiting tactic that the Match Engine cant handle.

I would totally agree. Winning 27 out of 27 with that team certainly means you have uncovered an exploiting tactic that the Match Engine cant handle.

I lost to Manchester United 2-1 in the Champion's League, though?
Maybe it's just these Italian teams. ;)

Hey Ovro, this certainly looks like a tactic that I need to test. This looks like a beast of a tactic :)

i'm waiting since the day football manager came out the best tactic and i hope this is the best tactic because we need the best tactic i'm right now testing it with athletic bilbao in the middle of season so please dont scam me if i loose match and loose europa league i'm on the ****.

the problem is there is no defensor libero there only napolitan defensor who can play with this way of defensor because what should i do for making my defensor player libero

Last edited:
i'm waiting since the day football manager came out the best tactic and i hope this is the best tactic because we need the best tactic i'm right now testing it with athletic bilbao in the middle of season so please dont scam me if i loose match and loose europa league i'm on the ****.

Well, haha I'm not sure it's entirely plug and play, so just set your match prep to Teamwork for a couple of weeks. :)

View attachment 363106 Fantastic 3-6-1 View attachment 363106
Have you ever downloaded a tactic just to see it become a total waste of time?
Gutted? Let me guess it didn't work.
Well, guess what! You're in luck!!
I think I may well have just created the plug and play, that you've been waiting for.

Warning: If you're generally a bad manager and you don't do the simple things like praise your players and motivate them with team talks, then don't expect the same charming results I've had.

Introducing........
View attachment 363108

Getting started? Don't fret, that's why I'm here.
So let's begin with Match Preparation.

As you've probably guessed it, YES teamwork is vital. You want maximum team cohesion, so work long and hard on that one.

But let's not forget them special matches, now I'd go as far as to say this tactic can create goals, anytime. So I'd say if you're facing another top team, definitely go with Defensive Positioning.

Oh sh*t! You want Pitch Size too? REALLY.

MAXIMUM.

But let's not forget, you want some proof this tactic works? Right..? RIGHT?
Well, look no further, my friends.

View attachment 363109
Holy ****!?! So many clean sheets. Holy ****?!?! So many WINS.

View attachment 363110
Let me guess? "BRB whilst you ******?" mmmk.
Oh? You think my team is full of 'top players'? Well, you're wrong. LOOK BELOW.

View attachment 363111
Okay, okay... So they're no pushovers, but they're not on the same level as 'Man City' 'Barcelona' or 'Bayern Munich' that's for sure.

So.. excuse my french but how the f*ck does it work so f*cking well?
Well.. Let me explain and attempt to demonstrate.

Here is a blank picture of the tactic.
View attachment 363112

Now, let's analyse.

• The Wing-Backs are attacking and have a setting to cut inside. Whilst the Wingers are supportive and move in to the channels. Now, as you can imagine, that makes 'our tactic' really hard to defend against for the opposition. I haven't come across a single formation that can deal with us yet. As proven.... below.
View attachment 363115
As you can see, the AI has been unable to find a way around this tactic so far. Potential to be plug and play? Hmm. Moving on to the defensive side...

• [*=center]Now, you're wondering about them Ball-Winning Midfielders, right? Trust me, they're hugely important. Taking them out will be very detrimental to the tactic. Them, combined with the wing backs and defense, win the ball back with lightning paced pressing. But you're thinking... "What else do they do?" Well, they thread the through balls through to the Advanced Playmakers and Inside Forward Wing-backs, they certainly do their job.

Still anxious? OH! It's about your main striker? What's that? You like them to score lots of goals? OH.
Well check this out. ;)

View attachment 363126

Okay, just going to explain the kind of player's you're going to need.

GK:
Just a standard Goalkeeper really, nothing specific.

SW:
Any BPD, such as; Alderwield or Douglas, then simply retrain them to Sweeper.
CBs: Preferably, you want them with a passing stat above 12, but if not, just making sure they're solid will be fine.

Wingbacks:
Any left back who can already mark and tackle really well, but still has enough potential leftover to be trained to finish, cross and dribble.

BWM:
These need to be your absolute tanks, with a slight passing ability, yes 'Fredy Guarin' I'm looking at you.

AML/AMR:
Advanced Playmaker with nice finishing. Examples Hamsik and Lamela. Retrain them to play the opposite wing too, because they'll be lots of chopping and changing between them. ;)

Target Man:
Strong, but that doesn't mean lose the pace, Peter Crouch would be f*cking awful. Benteke, Lukaku, as examples.

Okay, I think this is my last tactic for FM13, so if you like it, please post a review, a rating or some scores. If you hate it, then just f*ck off.... Kidding, tell me why. :)

Really hope you people enjoy, this may sound biased but I'd personally call this the best tactic made for FM13.

is this a possession tactic? can i see some SS? passes?

so far three friendies 2-0, 5-0, 7-0...I like how anyone can score shaw and clyne tea it up at wingback! Hopefully carry this into the season.

is this a possession tactic? can i see some SS? passes?

Sure, here you go.

3uNQw6w.png

SWZ9PQQ.png

Normally 60 percent is where the parties at. Even in real life.

Normally 60 percent is where the parties at. Even in real life.
Hmm if u say so..
I think now in FM you can get some more..
but it's usually goes like this? if it's 61 at home so away?

does it matter how much possession you get as long as you win

Looks awesome, any teams that are already set with the sweeper?

it matters for me..I love the absoloute control