andrichbrand

Reaction score
23/03/2014 v4 is out.
Better defense (as you can see), but the same old goal tally
View attachment 403348View attachment 403347View attachment 403346
if you are having problems in leaking goals with v4, do the following:
1. Add "Shorter Passes" in Team Instructions
2. Add "Drop Deeper" in Team Instructions

IF YOU HAVE DOWNLOADED v3.... PLEASE DOWNLOAD IT AGAIN. I UPLOADED THE WRONG ONE! SORRY!!!!

13/03/2013 v3 is out with better defense and more stable results. Also added Gooner2408 v2 Counter tactic up.
09/03/2014 Gooner2408 made a GREAT underdog tweak for my tactic *Must Try*
05/03/2014 New Tweaked version out. Better defense, but still the same amount of goals.
:D

14.3 NEAR PERFECT 4231 by andrichbrand:

Good day,
I have been playing with the new update now for the weekend and this is what is come up with. I had previously made a successful 4231 (Denmark) tactic {in my opinion}: http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/shar...giving-match-engine-bit-its-own-medicine.html

So while I was tweaking the tactic, I wanted the striker to have more support in front of goal and the Inside Forwards weren't doing what I want them to do and I created the 4231 (Narrow) tactic and it works like a charm.

This tactic got everything:
1. Solid defense thanks to the Back 4 and the Midfield
2. Wing play thanks to the Full Backs and Shadow Strikers
3. Attack through the middle thanks to the Midfield and Attacking Midfielder
4. ASSISTS ASSISTS ASSISTS
5. GOALS GOALS GOALS

Formation:
View attachment 412656

Get player in the right positions, as stated in the formation.

Tip from Skippmeister:
Skippmeister
A good tip andrich. i have always been doing this also using other tactics.
If you lead by 2 goals at half, make changes to team instructions.
- Play more diciplined
- Lower tempo
- Mentality to Control

OBS: i do this in away games where there is a chance the oppenents can make a comeback because we play too high tempo and too offensive.

at home we can keep high tempo and keep attacking.
Tips from kintungkimprut
Some tips :
1.For AI with 1 striker and 2 winger, in OI take their winger : tackle hard, tight mark, show into weak foot, and closing down. That will reduce the hellplay of their winger
2.I use left ss with right footed player, right ss with left footed. that will make openplay worked much better, because if u use L SS with LF and R SS with RF, they do more run and shot rather than passing, it quite break the tikitaka play 4 me. With L SS with RF and R SS with LF, they will automatically do less run with ball and less **** shot.
3. Team talk very important, don't forget that, cause it can change the workrate of the player.

Set Pieces:
Still working on it for the new patch.

Let me know if you have any good ones.

Results:
View attachment 412654View attachment 412653View attachment 412651View attachment 412650View attachment 412649View attachment 412648

Famous Matches:
View attachment 412646View attachment 412645View attachment 412643View attachment 412642

Results for other Users:
dimartino
View attachment 516756

mike887
View attachment 516757

Skippmeister
View attachment 516776

Player Filters:
sortitoutsi Player Role Filters

Team Talk:
Assistant Manager
or
As always, trust the best: Raikan007's Teamtalk Guide Fm14: How to get the right reaction!

Training and Match Prep:
View attachment 412639
Team cohesion and Tactic only (till fully gelled) 50%
Balanced and Tactic only 30%

** I only try the one on top you are more then welcome to try different training and give your insight **

Pitch Size:
Max

Opposition Instructions:
None

Going Down a Player or Players:
Remove the Att Midfielder. After that it is your choices who you want to take off. I would recommend the Striker.

Skin I am Using:
Steam Workshop :: Alavanja 14 PerVection V1.5

***Please do test or try and leave your comments***

and with hard work and your help, I can help my fellow FM players to find a good tactic.​

Last edited:
my most succesful tactic for patch before, ill hope it will works well again with underdogs and best teams like the one before...will test and send SS this week

Im gonna try this tactic with aston villa, i will let you know how i get on.
What is the training once tactic is fluid?

my most succesful tactic for patch before, ill hope it will works well again with underdogs and best teams like the one before...will test and send SS this week
Thanks mate. It is going well with Everton. So hopefully it will do well for you. Thanks for the support throughout.

Im gonna try this tactic with aston villa, i will let you know how i get on.
What is the training once tactic is fluid?
I just stick to the balance and tactic only.

But will play around and see if any of the other training works better.

Looking good mate :)

Ehm is it not too offensive when ur fullbacks are set to offensive ? are u playing same tactic home and away ?! gonna give it a try with liverpool..

Looking good mate :)

Ehm is it not too offensive when ur fullbacks are set to offensive ? are u playing same tactic home and away ?! gonna give it a try with liverpool..
It is not too offensive the bwm actually help the full backs out in the wings. I do play the same tactic home and away. just plug and play.

I would have tested it with Liverpool, but it is against my football religion to do so! :p Being MAN UTD fan.

I've got this week off work so going to play 24/7 despite what my missus wants to do...

Not played it for a while, got sick how easy it was with corner bug, just updated to the latest patch so hoping this fixes things.

Going to start with Inter Milan, main job first shipping out the huge earning old timers. I'll report back at some stage how i'm going on with your tactic but looks nice on paper!

I've got this week off work so going to play 24/7 despite what my missus wants to do...

Not played it for a while, got sick how easy it was with corner bug, just updated to the latest patch so hoping this fixes things.

Going to start with Inter Milan, main job first shipping out the huge earning old timers. I'll report back at some stage how i'm going on with your tactic but looks nice on paper!
Happy FM the week, thanks for trying the tactic.

Juve will be a good team to try it out with . Keep me up to date.

Hehe same as me, i never play other teams than liverpool in fm :).

But are u playing same home and away ?

I'm going to test this with Liverpool.
Train Daniel Sturridge to be a CAM & play him in the SS role. Hopefully it will work for him