1860 München: Establishing a Noisy Neighbour

Maximus94

Reaction score
1860 München: Establishing a Noisy Neighbour

View attachment 364618

View attachment 364619
View attachment 364620

In breaking news, Lars Schürrle has been appointed manager of 2. Bundesliga team 1860 München. In a shock series of events, chairman Deiter Schneider has decided to entrust the now former u19 manager of 1860 München with the top job, just four weeks out from the start of the season.

After a long and public falling-out with former manager Alexander Schmidt, the feather that broke the camels back for Schmidt, in the chairman's words was his "reluctance to give several promising youth players a professional contract."

Press Conference

New manager of 1860 München, Lars Schürrle fielded questions from various German media outlets. Schürrle, unproven at this level, said that his was "extremely excited for the challenge ahead, and extremely grateful for his chairman's faith." Interestingly, Schürrle decided not to hold back and went on to say he believes that "with the quality of the youth set-up here, there is no reason why we can't establish ourselves as a consistent Bundesliga top half team in a few years time...it will be a pleasure to regularly have the chance to take points off FC Bayern...give me 3 years to reshape and we'll be back in the top flight for good, watch this space."

Last edited:
Managers Notes

Tactics

View attachment 364897

Our regular home tactic, or when playing against equal or lower quality squads. Used to get on top of opponents with constant, quick attacks.

View attachment 364898

Our regular away tactic, or when facing opponents of higher quality. Also used when opposition has a strong CAM or scores are large amounts of goals from assists from just outside the D.

Important Squad Members

Goalkeepers

View attachment 364920
Our 1st choice by some distance. However, at 36 a replacement should be found within around 2 years.

View attachment 364921
Our promising young GK. Will be kept at the club at least for this season, then I may loan him out next provided he does well in training. Will start in cup matches.

View attachment 364923
Our highest potential youth level GK. Again, will be kept at club to develop, at least until he is able to gain 1st team experience on loan.

Defenders

View attachment 364924
View attachment 364925
View attachment 364926
View attachment 364927
The greatest depth in the squad is in central defence as there's very little between all 4 of these CB's. My 1st choice pairing will be Bülow and Schindler due to their age.

View attachment 364930
Our first choice RB when playing away or against strong teams when we're at home, because of his stronger defensive qualities over Volz.

View attachment 364935
1st choice RB when using an attacking tactic. Stronger as a wing back than full back.

View attachment 364936
1st choice LB. Better used as a wing back rather than a full back.

View attachment 364937
Young LB that will provide constant competition for Feick.

View attachment 364938
3rd choice RB. Unless due to injury probably won't feature often in team. Also, too old for youth team matches.

View attachment 364939
View attachment 364940
View attachment 364941
View attachment 364942
View attachment 364943
All of our youth defenders that have a chance to break into the 1st team in years to come. Note that all are CB's, I plan on converting some to either LB's, RB's or CDM's.

Midfielders

View attachment 364944
Would have been our 1st choice CDM, however, injury will prevent him from pre-season training and matches which could damage his ability.

View attachment 364945
A close 2nd choice CDM behind Makos. Will be 1st choice should Makos not recover in time.

View attachment 364946
Our veteran CM. Will be 1st choice CM and is capable of playing several role there.

View attachment 364947
3rd choice starter at CDM and 4th at CM. Given his young age he should be afforded plenty of time off the bench.

View attachment 364948
1st choice AMC and AMR. Could be the front-runner for our player of the season.

View attachment 364949
The most exciting youth prospect at the club. Will be my 2nd choice AMC. Will see plenty of game time once over his injury.

View attachment 364950
2nd choice AMR, however, excitingly a natural inside forward.

View attachment 365016
1st choice AML. Will play more of a supportive/crossing inside forward role.

View attachment 364951
3rd choice as AMR and 2nd as AML. His 2 footedness could make him dangerous on both sides and in a variety of roles.

View attachment 364952
Completely unusable. Will be sold for free as some as he can pass medicals.

View attachment 364953
View attachment 364954
View attachment 364955
3 youth CDM/CM's that could break into the 1st team.

View attachment 364957
Our second exciting young AMC behind Maier.

View attachment 364958
View attachment 364959
View attachment 364960
Our promising wide players.

Forwards

View attachment 364961
The most talented player at the club on paper. Leading the line on his own I'm expecting between 15-20 goals in the league alone for the next 2-3 seasons.

View attachment 364963
Our 2nd pick to lead the line. Could also drop into AMC if needed.

View attachment 364962
Our 3rd choice ST, and our most promising ST's.

View attachment 364964
My 4th choice ST. Given his high wages and his roles I'm thinking I'll terminate his loan immediately.

View attachment 364965
View attachment 364966
View attachment 364967
View attachment 364968
All of our forwards that could break into the 1st team. Given their similarity in age I've decided to loan list them all. Those who aren't snapped up will then be given more playing time in our u21's.​

Last edited:
what are your goals for this save?

I tired to put them into the press conference. 1: To gain promotion in 3 years or less. 2: To establish ourselves as a consistent top half team. 3: To make life as hard for Bayern as possible.

Pre-season

Transfers

View attachment 365399
We managed to bring in 2 new players on loan, while sending out 2 of our young players. At this stage I don't believe there is any loan listed players that could feature in our squad, nor should we need any more cover. We still have several players loan listed which can hopefully find a club before the end of the summer window.

View attachment 365400
Now our 2nd choice ST. A strong signing given his low wages.

View attachment 365401
Our 1st choice CDM by some distance. Given we're paying 27,000 pounds a month to keep him, I'm excepting good performances.

View attachment 365402
Given his role and his high wages I've decided to terminate Friend's loan.

Results

View attachment 365403
Probably what to expect of a first game with a new manager and tactical style. Very little cohesion.

View attachment 365404
A far stronger performance. Once we scored they never looked like scoring.

View attachment 365405
The strongest opponent of our pre-season fixtures. A draw was probably a fair result.

View attachment 365406
A game to forget for us. Once the youth players came on in the 2nd half, we never looked like bossing the match.

View attachment 365407
A very good match. My tactics seemed to be taking shape as we passed them to death before sliding in the killer ball.

View attachment 365408

Injuries

View attachment 365409
I pushed every player at the club hard during pre-season training. Because of the number of injuries I may have to re-think or prolong next pre-season.

August 2012

Results

View attachment 365966
A brilliant result against the serious promotion favourites, and away from home! Given that the average value of the Berlin line-up was double ours the victory was even sweeter.

View attachment 365970
A good victory although we were strong favourites. Our domination of possession was pleasing, but our finishing needs serious work.

View attachment 365971
A disappointing result despite the win. The game never should have gone to extra time. Like last week, we created lots of scoring chances but our finishing let us down.

View attachment 365972
Our 2nd game against them in a row. I decided to use a CDM unlike last week to hopefully nullify their scoring chances in case we were poor in front of goal again. It failed and despite getting more shots on goal we never looked like drawing level, let alone winning.

View attachment 365973
A shocking result to go with a shocking performance. Again, we won the shots and possession battle but our play in the final 3rd was hopeless. They capitalised on our high line with 3 long balls down field that brought 3 of their goals.

View attachment 365974

Player of the Month

View attachment 365977

Transfers

View attachment 365975View attachment 365976

Use Sven Schiplock - he's quite good at this level especially!

September 2012

Results

View attachment 366769
A great game for the neutral. We always looked like winning, however, I would have preferred the deciding goal coming before the 90th minute.

View attachment 366770
We have have seen out this match with a win, but complacency got the better of us.

View attachment 366771
Just when I'm thinking we're struggling to finish chances we go out and score 4 from 7 shots! We played brilliantly until the 75th minute when they started to gain some momentum. While I'm very happy with the result we shouldn't have gotten complacent again.

View attachment 366772
Our best game of the season (so far) was against the best side in the league! The boys really looked up for this game in training and it showed on the pitch. Every time we went forward we looked dangerous. Unfortunately we conceded a goal when we were down to 10 men due to injury, however, that certainly didn't kill the mood afterwards!

View attachment 366773
A dull match from start to finish. Both teams defended well but we did look the better side. A draw was a fair result on the day.

View attachment 366774

View attachment 366776
Our undefeated month has put us equal 1st in the league. A very strong placement given we're expected to finish 6th-9th.

Player of the Month

View attachment 366775
Lauth was by miles our best player this month, putting away 7 goals in 4 games earning him a hat-rick and 2 braces. At the moment no other ST can get a look in when he's in this sort of form.​

October 2012

Transfers

View attachment 367032
By mutual consent Sven and I decided to part ways. Turns out Shou Wood is progressing very well so he has become my 2nd choice ST. Because of that Sven only appeared in 1 match before he left us.

Results

View attachment 367033
Despite the strength of their team we dropped 2 points here. We had double their shots yet couldn't convert.

View attachment 367034
The top of the table clash! A very tight match, both defences far outclassed the attackers. 1 good strike was enough to see out the match.

View attachment 367035
An awful match where our aggression turned against us. 2 red cards ruined any chance of coming back from a goal down.

View attachment 367036
Despite leaving it late we got the 3 points we deserved.

View attachment 367037

View attachment 367038
Outright 1st position. However, there's little between 1st and 6th place at the moment.

Player of the Month

View attachment 367039

November 2012

Results

View attachment 367075
A great game for us. We were on top from the first minute.

View attachment 367077
Despite us being on top of the possession and number of shots we needed 2 penalties to see them off. Not overly convincing but a win's a win.

View attachment 367080
A good result given both teams are playing above expectations. We nullified all there scoring outlets coming in to the match and they never really looked to trouble us when they had the ball.

View attachment 367082
An amazing defensive performance from them saw all 3 points going home with them. By far the best organised defence we've come up against.

View attachment 367083

View attachment 367084
We're in 1st position, however, there's still a number of teams breathing down our necks

Player of the Month

View attachment 367085
For a 2nd month Lauth has been our best performer. Not as prolific as September, however, 4 goals in 4 games is nothing to complain about

December 2012 & January 2013

Transfers

View attachment 368120
Brought in on loan for only 800 pounds a week, should be a decent 4th choice inside forward

View attachment 368121
Sent out on loan. Should be given lots of playing time

View attachment 368123
Our 2nd player sent out on loan over January. I'm expecting to him some back with some assists under his belt

Results

View attachment 368124
A quite comfortable win despite only winning by 1. With Lauth out injured, Shou Wood really stepped up when needed

View attachment 368125
Not a bad result in fairness. Because of the fixture congestion I played mostly u21's and a few subs in this match and given their inexperience and lack of playing time of late, only going down by 2 goals against the 2nd best team in the country impressed me

View attachment 368126
A dull match up until the 80th minute. We really should have put more past the team on the bottom of the ladder

View attachment 368127

View attachment 368128

Player of the Month

View attachment 368129
Another impressive month for Shou Wood, this time scoring 3 in 2 games

​February 2013

Results

View attachment 368520
2 points lost. We lead from early on, but couldn't see the game out to the final whistle

View attachment 368522
A top of the table clash between the 2 overachieving teams in the league. Once Lauth scored the first we never looked like conceding

View attachment 368523
An action packed 1st half was followed by a dull 2nd. Thankfully, our ability to keep the ball ensured they didn't threaten us often

View attachment 368524
A poor result given the number of chances we had. Our finishing was seriously lacking which cost us

View attachment 368525
View attachment 368526
We remain on top, however those behind us are still very close. A slip up, or two could send us out of the promotion places

Player of the Month

View attachment 368528
Another strong month for Schindler, he seems to be looking to become a serious top flight player in the future. I wouldn't put it past him to perhaps make a German CB his own in a few years

March 2013

Results

View attachment 368539
A good comeback win. But no less than I expected especially at home

View attachment 368540
Although virtually out of the promotion race, still a strong side. Unlike alot of other matches this season, our finished got us over the line

View attachment 368541
A commanding win. For a second week in a row our finishing was excellent!

View attachment 368542
An injury crisis of a game. The 1st half saw 5 of our players either taken off injured or needing the physio. I was seriously worried. The boys did very well in the circumstances

View attachment 368543
View attachment 368544
Our month of all wins has given us some breathing space on top of the ladder which could come in handy towards the final few matches

Player of the Month

View attachment 368545
Despite the number of chances we've put away this month, my player of the month has to go to our rock-at-the-back. He's been consistently good all season and now he's finally got the recognition he deserves

Please explain matches (results etc) yourself and generally have more input yourself cos its a ******* always having to click on the pictures and having to wait till they open to see whats going on ....

Thank you for your feedback mate! I was wondering how people were finding it.

I think I will adopt what you've said by posting the result above the SS and so on.

Anyone know if there's a way to upload a SS that's not so huge?

Does anyone else have any suggests about ways to better my presentation?

Does anyone else have any suggests about ways to better my presentation?

Love the story so far!

I'd suggest maybe a little more about how your key players are performing/any particular players you've become attached to. I always love that element of stories.

Sent from my KFJWI using Tapatalk 2

April 2013

Results

1. FC Kaiserslautern 1 - 0 1860
München
View attachment 369301
Another top of the table clash! Despite us keeping onto the ball more than them, away from home, against what I'd consider to be the strongest set of players in the league, we just couldn't find the net. Disappointingly, only 3 of our 13 shots tested their keeper. More annoyingly for me was the way they scored, one route one ball up the middle that their ST latched onto was enough to see out the game.

FC St. Pauli 2 - 0 1860 München
View attachment 369302
2 league losses in a row for the the first time this season. I was fuming after this match. For a second week in a row our shooting was appalling. I think tactically I'll need to sit everyone down and discourage shots from range, instead, try to work the ball into the box to even out our shots to goals ratio.

1860 München 4 -1 FC Ingolstadt 04
View attachment 369303
Not for the first time this season, just when I think of reshaping our tactic to work their keeper more we go out and score with 80% of our shots! Our 3 attacking midfield's were fantastic in this match, each getting a goal which they deserved.

Eintracht Braunschweig 2 - 0 1860 München
View attachment 369304
A tightly contested and cagey match. Both teams had good chances, however, they were more impressive in front of goal. The heavy rain didn't make it easier for us, our short passing style was undone as the ball held up in puddles.

View attachment 369305
Easily our most disappointing month. 3 points from a possible 12 is simply unacceptable given how well we've preformed this season!

View attachment 369306
Somehow we still managed to claw onto top spot despite our troubles this month. In doing so we've managed to secure at least a play-off position (3rd place in league 2 plays 16th position in league 1 for promotion/relegation).

Player of the Month

Moritz Stoppelkamp
View attachment 369307
My hardest choice for Player of the Month this season as in fairness, no one really deserved it after this months form. Given the number of goals we let in, and the misfirings of Shou Wood and Lauth a midfielder was really the only option. Perhaps fortunate for Stoppelkamp, he was the best of the bunch.​