I took Forest up, winning the League Cup on the way. Now 10 games in to the Premier League and undefeated so far.

View attachment 384347

I've made some (what I consider) to be lucky signings. I picked up an unhappy Schneiderlin for one of the regista roles, transfer listed Robinho and Cassano for the Treqs (who despite being the laziest buggers in the world are ace in these roles) and Valdes as a free agent. So this may cloud the results somewhat but, hey...transfer dealing is half the game, no?

Here are the fixtures so far....

View attachment 384343

I took Forest up, winning the League Cup on the way. Now 10 games in to the Premier League and undefeated so far.

View attachment 579934

I've made some (what I consider) to be lucky signings. I picked up an unhappy Schneiderlin for one of the regista roles, transfer listed Robinho and Cassano for the Treqs (who despite being the laziest buggers in the world are ace in these roles) and Valdes as a free agent. So this may cloud the results somewhat but, hey...transfer dealing is half the game, no?

Here are the fixtures so far....

View attachment 579940

343 or 4222?

Final update for this tactic before 2015 comes out.

F9 changed to DF is the biggest change (and the most important) but I've made quite a few tweaks, including positional, team and PI.

View attachment 345013

I'll try and recreate this again in November ;)

I'm not really sure you can make a possession tactic without CM's to control the midfield. If it were me, I'd go for go route one and skip the area without players. Your shorter passing order made players make accurate passes, but you still don't have control. But, I'll take your word for it it works....Also, you shouldn't be exploiting anything where opponent isn't weaker. Play wider shout would make sure you utilise width. Especially not, if you don't even have wingers. Your sidebacks can take on their wingers or their sidebacks, not both...

Last edited:
I'm not really sure you can make a possession tactic without CM's to control the midfield. If it were me, I'd go for go route one and skip the area without players. Your shorter passing order made players make accurate passes, but you still don't have control. But, I'll take your word for it it works....Also, you shouldn't be exploiting anything where opponent isn't weaker. Play wider shout would make sure you utilise width. Especially not, if you don't even have wingers. Your sidebacks can take on their wingers or their sidebacks, not both...

Who said anything about a possession tactic? Skip back to page one, if you missed it, and I specifically say this is NOT a possession tactic. I do a little paragraph about it NOT being a possession tactic.

This tactic is about quick ball transition without going direct, hence we use the wide players as outlets as the ball is played quickly up the middle. It's all in the OP.......this is just an update ;)

Were those forrest results in the latest patch? Impressive results

Latest patch of course, but not my latest save. I'd post results but I'm in 2020 so I don't see the relevance. The same principles apply as from page 1, this is just an updated version ;)

but still that forrest save is from 2014 yes? So newly promoted in 2014 and winning 10 out of 10 is impressive

Ok I'll be back to this bad boy!! Will test the final version mate! Use to love this tactic until ME changes!

ok Jonnyharb, looking forward to you're next post :D

I want to maybe try it aswell, but got my hands full atm ;)

ok Jonnyharb, looking forward to you're next post :D

I want to maybe try it aswell, but got my hands full atm ;)

will let you know mate, my save from aston villa back in december 2013 was a quality save with the old 1982 tactic which was so good, patch messed it up, so will be trying this when i get a chance tonight

but still that forrest save is from 2014 yes? So newly promoted in 2014 and winning 10 out of 10 is impressive

Of course, but I just want to make it clear that the results you're talking about are from the previous version of the tactic.

The new tactic is actually giving better results currently (9-1 vs Man Utd away for example) but I'm in 2020 and there's a new stadium on the way, so I'm not starting again now :D

Last edited:
Looking at the new player roles for FM15. I'm a bit tempted to try a 3-4-3 with two wide forwards in the new Raumdeuter role. But then another go at a Bielsa type 3-3-1-3 using Raumdeuters AND the Inverted WBs may be too tempting....

Either way, I'll port this tactic directly into the Beta match engine and try and make it work. Beta should be out next week, I believe?

I had a good go at making the Bielsa tactic. It's on here if you want to hunt it down, but I could never get those wingbacks to consistently run inside rather than wide, so the IWBs are quite exciting.

In an ideal world, I'd recreate Brazil 70, but it's almost impossible. Perhaps a IWB on the left and a CWB on the right will finally solve the problem of turning a 4 man defence into a 3 man one and perhaps a Raumdeuter on the right will finally mean that the attack shuffles over to give the CWB space? A Defensive Forward, a Poacher, a Regista (or the the new Roaming Playmaker), IF and an Anchor. And there you go - Brazil 70 :D

Oh ****** ****.....too much thinking now :D

I have directly copied the last version of the 4-2-2-2 into FM15 just to see how it goes. If anyone wants to have a go too and let me know what you think, feel free :)

Starting to get somewhere with this. I won't put anything up in the FM15 tactics centre yet as I'm nowhere near being ready for that yet. The ball is moving around the pitch as I'd like it too (and that's the main thing). It's currently going bam-bam-bam up the middle and shots are raining in or else the ball is being leant to to CWBs for a moment and then crossed in.

Doing awfully in the league because I haven't tweaked defence/set pieces at all. A highlight so far is a 7-5 against Bournemouth.

Beta ME is not good enough yet and the goalie animations at times border on laughable, but it's all fixable.

But the 'Win Ball - Short Quick Pass - Through Ball -Smash Shot' model that the 1982 tactic is built on does appear to work.

Assombalonga just scored 5 in one game. Hhmmmm....interesting! :D

GK AI is borked atm, so taken in context ;)